Rose, Noah Show Support For Del Negro

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Rose said he would hate to see his coach fired.

“We both came in as rookies. It would be devastating,” Rose said. “But it’s not up to me, it’s up to the front office. They’re the ones that drafted me, so I guess I’m behind them.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApcW7xYEgfVluvDtJhJtRFa8vLYF?gid=2010042705

Joakim Noah had a breakout season, and he's not forgetting the guy who gave him a shot.

"Yeah I endorse Vinny [Del Negro]," Noah said on Wednesday. "He did a lot for me as a player. He gave me a chance to play."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5146224

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I saw the Noah interview after game five. I just wondered why reporters bother asking those sorts of questions. What are they going to say, "I hate the coach, he's a douche and I hope they not only fire him, they give him a kick in the bum on the way out"?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he could have half assed it. 'he's a good coach, and we played hard under him. we hate to see him go, and we wish him luck. ' espn 1000 said that hinrich and deng gave such remarks.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
I saw the Noah interview after game five. I just wondered why reporters bother asking those sorts of questions. What are they going to say, "I hate the coach, he's a douche and I hope they not only fire him, they give him a kick in the bum on the way out"?

No, they say what Deng said. Not rave about the guy. Apparently Vinny isn't the Antichrist like everyone makes him out to be.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
No Vinny is not the antichrist...he just can't coach...

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

No, they say what Deng said. Not rave about the guy. Apparently Vinny isn't the Antichrist like everyone makes him out to be.

I didn't say Vinny wasn't a likeable guy. But you know what, Deng seems way more likeable than LeBron, but is there anyone who would have Deng over LeBron? So why should we care whether Vinny is the most beloved guy in town if he's not a good coach?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
They never mentioned Vinny as likable. Rose said he watched tape with him and helped him offensively and noah said he got him in the game. Something a good coach like skiles didn't do when he had him here. Noah also hasn't had the issues he did before and was allowed to become a team leader.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Of course he's not the Antichrist...that title obviously goes to Kirk. ;)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Shakes wrote:

Of course he's not the Antichrist...that title obviously goes to Kirk. ;)

Thank you, someone understands :laugh:

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
They never mentioned Vinny as likable. Rose said he watched tape with him and helped him offensively and noah said he got him in the game. Something a good coach like skiles didn't do when he had him here. Noah also hasn't had the issues he did before and was allowed to become a team leader.

You have to keep in mind that when Noah came to the Bulls, he was immature, out of shape, & almost immediately rubbed his coaches & teammates the wrong way with his mouth. Though I loved Noah's outspoken nature when he first came here, it's pretty much an unwritten rule that rookies don't flap their mouth & call out other teammates. Noah sucking his rookie year was all on him. When did Skiles have the time to even help him develope? He was only here for 2 months with him & was dealing with a locker room mutiny led by the $60mill paper weight.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

You have to keep in mind that when Noah came to the Bulls, he was immature, out of shape, & almost immediately rubbed his coaches & teammates the wrong way with his mouth. Though I loved Noah's outspoken nature when he first came here, it's pretty much an unwritten rule that rookies don't flap their mouth & call out other teammates. Noah sucking his rookie year was all on him. When did Skiles have the time to even help him develope? He was only here for 2 months with him & was dealing with a locker room mutiny led by the $60mill paper weight.

When Wallace was sucking he had a chance to develop him. Nothing really changed after with Boylan. Even after that great game against the nuggets, he couldn't get that many minutes ahead of Gooden. VDN got him the opportunity the next year even when he came in out of shape.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

When Wallace was sucking he had a chance to develop him. Nothing really changed after with Boylan. Even after that great game against the nuggets, he couldn't get that many minutes ahead of Gooden. VDN got him the opportunity the next year even when he came in out of shape.

So Skiles was going to sit Wallace? Right. He would've been fired in November if that happened. And don't even bring Jim Ball-Boylan into it. He was a Yes man thru & thru. Considering management threw the best Bulls coach since Jackson under the bus to side with cry-baby Wallace, there was no way Boylan was going to even consider giving Noah his minutes.

And Vinny didn't have anyone else at the start of that season. Gooden was injured & Gray was Gray. Plus Noah was not in shape because he injured his ankle & missed most of training camp, which kept him from getting his conditioning right. He got the opportunity out of necessity. That and I'm fairly certain that Pax told Vinny to play Noah more because that is what Vinny sold management on when he was pitching for a job. I'm not saying Vinny didn't have any help in Noah's development, but I think the addition of Brad Miller is what really helped spur Noah's improvement.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
There is no comparison between Skiles and VDN...give me a break...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

So Skiles was going to sit Wallace? Right. He would've been fired in November if that happened. And don't even bring Jim Ball-Boylan into it. He was a Yes man thru & thru. Considering management threw the best Bulls coach since Jackson under the bus to side with cry-baby Wallace, there was no way Boylan was going to even consider giving Noah his minutes.

And Vinny didn't have anyone else at the start of that season. Gooden was injured & Gray was Gray. Plus Noah was not in shape because he injured his ankle & missed most of training camp, which kept him from getting his conditioning right. He got the opportunity out of necessity. That and I'm fairly certain that Pax told Vinny to play Noah more because that is what Vinny sold management on when he was pitching for a job. I'm not saying Vinny didn't have any help in Noah's development, but I think the addition of Brad Miller is what really helped spur Noah's improvement.

You make it seem like JR, Pax and Forman set the rotations and coaches are only there to do press conferences at the end of the game. Skiles had plenty of control over the roster and sat Wallace for wearing a head band. I am sure he could have done the same for sucking. Skiles wasn't scared of anyone.

Right but he still kept going to him even when Gooden came back. You make it seem like VDN had no choice when even you say that was his pitch to get the job. The guy deserves credit for sticking with and helping the youngsters develop. I'm not saying he is Red Aurbach but he is an average NBA coach. Unless your going to bring in a clear upgrade and are willing to pay big bucks for a coach, bringing in another schmuck isn't going to help. Vinny has done everything that has been asked of him, helped and bonded with the young guys and has managed terrible situations. Give him the credit of being an average NBA coach. Which to me he is. What he needs is a good offensive coordinating assistant so he can come up with something more benefical to run.

NealKleren

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets look at it like this. Skiles was a good coach and was screwed over by his own team. VDN should have never been hired in the first place and has done decent throughout his two seasons and probably should have been above .500 this season and I give him props for having the season he did with injuries and such. Thats it. Now its either we keep or fire this guy and hire an actual good coach that is an actual COACH and not go the cheap route or you keep VDN and see how next year goes or get rid of him after that since his contract is over with.