Ross Inexperience Shows!

LongtimeCubfan

Liked Posts:
How many 1 run games are the Cubs going to lose to finally convince others that Ross doesn't have what it takes to manage in the big leagues? Good managers figure out ways to win those games. Ross-a good guy and probably a player's manager but doesn't have the skills to be a top flight manager!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I love when fans think a manager can will below average teams to win games.
The Cubs are ranked 24th in team ERA and 12th in run scored.

Maybe Ross should be applauded for being in so many one run games. Eventually when this team has better players those will turn into wins. But putting that on Ross when they are obviously below average is laughable.

LongtimeCubfan

Liked Posts:
I love when fans think a manager can will below average teams to win games.
The Cubs are ranked 24th in team ERA and 12th in run scored.

Maybe Ross should be applauded for being in so many one run games. Eventually when this team has better players those will turn into wins. But putting that on Ross when they are obviously below average is laughable.
Good managers know how to get the best out of their players and instill confidence. The Cub players look as if they know they are eventually going to lose. It's the manager's job to change their "mindset."

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What kind of a moron blames the manager when the team is predominantly a bunch of 30ish AAA players playing out their career......the fact is most of them wouldn't even be in MLB unless the Cubs began their purge.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Good managers know how to get the best out of their players and instill confidence. The Cub players look as if they know they are eventually going to lose. It's the manager's job to change their "mindset."
Uh huh, you keep telling yourself that.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which manager would turn this chicken shit roster into chicken salad? Inquiring minds want to know.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If that were true, managers would make $30 million and players $5 million

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The OP has been watching too many Disney movies where the fat awkward clumsy kids beat the jocks because the coach said something clever in the locker room

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
after 40 years of watching baseball i've come to the conclusion that managers are largely irrelevant.
They are usually irrelevant or they lose games with fucktarded decision making (cough Tony LaDrunk Asshole cough cough).