ROSS MUST GO!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You know, not more than 2 years ago I would've agreed with you 100% on both Thompson and Steele. Both guys are usually gone after the 5th, if they make it even that far with their 100 pitch allotment. The thing is that it's getting to the point that starters are now only 4 or 5 inning guys...no longer 6 or 7. You see them go that long from time to time but now there are middle inning guys to get to the setup man who gets to the closer. Staffs are 14 pitchers deep because of specialization. Also why W/L records don't mean shit anymore.

BTW....the "What's the obsession with Sean Manea as a #1?" shot was a good one. LOL

Well I don't see Jed spending premium on players. So you really have to look at tier 2.

Alzolay and Marquez both have injury concerns. So high leverage is their most likely strongest spot in 2023.

So I see the carry overs being Stroman, Kilian, Steel and Thompson. They need a 5th man and Manaea will cost 20-22M AAV. Which is Jed's sweet spot.

2023 Hertz and Wicks will be at Tenn. So both are 2 years out. So Steel and Thompson have spots available to them.

I feel it is rather pointless to target 10M or lower arms again. They tend to be not much better than what is in hand.

Hendricks they should try to trade. He looks great then looks like a trash pitcher the next game. He is not going to be in high demand unless it is to a team that plays in a park that suppresses home runs. He has been getting the ball up in the zone and those are the dud games. He has always been a off and on guy but in the past he was locked in more.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So Jed with #7 overall in the draft in a couple of weeks AND trading 20-30 WAR for gambles while inheriting 3 names but a 4th is playing above the assumed level established by pundits and talking heads and this leads to potential? But small-market teams do this?

Uhhhh...K.

Ya. Oakland always trades away guys on the way out. That is how they survive. Their market is a fraction of the resources the Cubs generate. The Cubs on avg generate 500M per year

So I am not really sure why you don't understand this basic concept.

If you spend on quality then normally good results follow. SD is doing this right now. They took on contract from the Cubs and the Rays and the A's. 2 of the 3 are small market. 1 of the 3 is a 500M revenue team per year and sold 1/2 of a guys deal away in a cost cut. While axing Schwarber for nothing.

So SD is not the same market size as CHC. Not even close. But they are not being pussies and being afraid to spend.

The sad part is most here are lapping it up.

Every year the Cubs should be in on the top tier F/A. They have the revenue to do this.

Every year there should be a top 100 prospect that makes it. Tom invested into the system infrastructure first.

So it really comes down to the people calling the shots. How come the Pads with less resources can find a winner?

How come teams like the A's and the Rays never tank and still keep pushing out solid farm players.

The people calling the shots are better.

So I am not a cub koolade fan boi. I call it as I see it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ya. Oakland always trades away guys on the way out. That is how they survive. Their market is a fraction of the resources the Cubs generate. The Cubs on avg generate 500M per year

So I am not really sure why you don't understand this basic concept.

If you spend on quality then normally good results follow. SD is doing this right now. They took on contract from the Cubs and the Rays and the A's. 2 of the 3 are small market. 1 of the 3 is a 500M revenue team per year and sold 1/2 of a guys deal away in a cost cut. While axing Schwarber for nothing.

So SD is not the same market size as CHC. Not even close. But they are not being pussies and being afraid to spend.

The sad part is most here are lapping it up.

Every year the Cubs should be in on the top tier F/A. They have the revenue to do this.

Every year there should be a top 100 prospect that makes it. Tom invested into the system infrastructure first.

So it really comes down to the people calling the shots. How come the Pads with less resources can find a winner?

How come teams like the A's and the Rays never tank and still keep pushing out solid farm players.

The people calling the shots are better.

So I am not a cub koolade fan boi. I call it as I see it.
You are the ultimate cub koolade fan boi, wtf you talking about?!

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Don’t look now but Cubs will be drafting around 15th at this rate.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
The Sox are in the hunt for their division and the Cubs are 17 games out, yet Wrigley has been rocking and the Sox look like they are playing for people waiting for a bus. There is no energy in their park. I still think they will win the Central...but man they have lost some Mojo on the south side.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The Sox are in the hunt for their division and the Cubs are 17 games out, yet Wrigley has been rocking and the Sox look like they are playing for people waiting for a bus. There is no energy in their park. I still think they will win the Central...but man they have lost some Mojo on the south side.

Friday nights game wrigley was at 98pct capacity. Sox? not so much, LOL

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Cub fans have more confidence in the Sox than their own fans do. If they don't win that division this year, as weak as it is.....it might be awhile before they do win it. I believe the balanced schedule kicks in next season....no more 70 plus games versus mediocre/bad inter division opponents plus the American League will soon discover what the National League found out about Cueto and he won't be the beat all, end all he is today. Just sit on his offspeed shit and you got him....he's throwing far, far less fastballs than he ever has before and for good reason.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Ross will be NL Manager of the year #CaLLedit

and WOW @ primetime for showing the respect to mlb hitters