Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy got to pick his alternate QB last year. How'd that work out.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Does anyone have faith that he could still be good at running an offense? I had hope going into last year that it was all Mitch, but after Foles also looked bad, I lost my hope in Nagy being good at offense.
I do wonder....when a Dalton led Nagy offense still looks the same, what will the morons like Anytime bitch about then? Gonna be hard to blame it all on Mitch next season.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You also did bail on this last year to be completely fair.
i think nagy gets too much flack but it’s hard defending him when he insists on calling plays when he’s clearly not the best play caller on his own staff. i’ve always said he deserves a shot with a legit QB but it wouldn’t surprise me if he found success elsewhere in the league after hes scape goated in chicago.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nagy got to pick his alternate QB last year. How'd that work out.
so he gets one shot? compared to how many for pace? bears fans are ridiculous. he correctly also had mahomes as his #1 coming out of college

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i think nagy gets too much flack but it’s hard defending him when he insists on calling plays when he’s clearly not the best play caller on his own staff. i’ve always said he deserves a shot with a legit QB but it wouldn’t surprise me if he found success elsewhere in the league after hes scape goated in chicago.
This i agree on but i do think he could have done more with less.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This i agree on but i do think he could have done more with less.
maybe. but i personally believe you need one of a good offensive line or a good QB to have a good offense in today’s league. he’s got neither.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Sending a 4th for Foles as an insurance policy and to help push what was the current mental midget starter at the time isn't exactly hedging your bets.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so he gets one shot? compared to how many for pace? bears fans are ridiculous. he correctly also had mahomes as his #1 coming out of college
WTF are to talking about? Who said that? He picked his guy and it was still a fail. Am I wrong? I haven't once called for his dismissal. Point was there's more to this than just blaming Mitch who was an obvious fail, especially considering the resources put into the position at the coaching level. Nagy is now a vet and has gone through some learning scenarios. This year will tell us a lot.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
WTF are to talking about? Who said that? He picked his guy and it was still a fail. Am I wrong? I haven't once called for his dismissal. Point was there's more to this than just blaming Mitch who was an obvious fail, especially considering the resources put into the position at the coaching level. Nagy is now a vet and has gone through some learning scenarios. This year will tell us a lot.
how will it tell us a lot? he’s still working with with a back up QB, the same he’s always had in chicago. this year, or any year, won’t tell us anything until he has a starting caliber option at QB.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I do wonder....when a Dalton led Nagy offense still looks the same, what will the morons like Anytime bitch about then? Gonna be hard to blame it all on Mitch next season.
And what if the offense looks a lot better???

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least @ me, bitch-tits.
This is an off post, considering i don't think Dalton is the answer and I also don't think Nagy is a good OC.

Imagine still being a Trubisexual after the entire league told you you were wrong. I'm sorry you're football Special person and probably IRL Special person but that doesn't mean you need to take it out on me. For years I've been calling it and have been on the money, while you have been big time, embarrassingly wrong. Deal with it, you twat.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
how will it tell us a lot? he’s still working with with a back up QB, the same he’s always had in chicago. this year, or any year, won’t tell us anything until he has a starting caliber option at QB.
4 years in, and his choice of coaches plus enough time to address his needs with a low level starter QB. No one expects greatness but a competent mid pack O would be nice for a reported offensive guru in his 4th year. Play sequencing and matching the O to your players strengths will accomplish that. If Daniels, Whitehair and Ifedi weren't in their best positions for extended periods, who is that on? Play sequencing and clock management? Abandoning the run and play action when it's what the o needs even if you'd rather run something else? Yes, he was behind the eight ball but you don't have to scratch.

Of course Pace has his hand in it but you can still evaluate guys within their external limitations. I mean, he knew it himself when he gave up the play calling. Live and learn and I haven't given up but it's time to see what he's learned beyond his success rate. I wasn't even calling for a winning record. It's time to see playcalling and game management that enhances players chances of success by the guy that has responsibility for same.

mecha

Liked Posts:
what if... Matt Nagy can run the offense poorly and Mitch Trubisky can play it poorly, simultaneously?

also get over the Patrick Mahomes thing already. people's whole talking out both sides of their ass rhetoric about that guy is tired now. allow me to explain why: people acknowledged that he's THE GREATEST EVER!!!!111 and got blown the fuck out in the Super Bowl, simultaneously. for as great as he is in present day within the Chiefs/Andy Reid system, he was never going to be that player with the Chicago Bears and John Fox/Matt Nagy. like I said, get over it.

you're looking at the wrong problem. I don't know how many more unique ways I can phrase that. the quarterback position being a blemish and the remainder of the team being run poorly/eating dick too can be two separate issues.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
4 years in, and his choice of coaches plus enough time to address his needs with a low level starter QB. No one expects greatness but a competent mid pack O would be nice for a reported offensive guru in his 4th year. Play sequencing and matching the O to your players strengths will accomplish that. If Daniels, Whitehair and Ifedi weren't in their best positions for extended periods, who is that on? Play sequencing and clock management? Abandoning the run and play action when it's what the o needs even if you'd rather run something else? Yes, he was behind the eight ball but you don't have to scratch.

Of course Pace has his hand in it but you can still evaluate guys within their external limitations. I mean, he knew it himself when he gave up the play calling. Live and learn and I haven't given up but it's time to see what he's learned beyond his success rate. I wasn't even calling for a winning record. It's time to see playcalling and game management that enhances players chances of success by the guy that has responsibility for same.
i stopped reading after the first sentence. he doesn’t have a low level starter. he has a back up QB, again.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i stopped reading after the first sentence. he doesn’t have a low level starter. he has a back up QB, again.
Sure you did... after you read the rest, LOL. He's started 144 games. :rolleyes: All depends on what's still in the tank AND if Nagy can call plays for him.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy's biggest problem is overthinking what plays to call. You can see when on offense every time they show Nagy his head is in that playbook like he can't decide which play to call. I'm obviously doing my own speculating but it seems like it could be a thing.

I don't think that's it at all...he's just too inexperienced and is in over his head.

Nick Foles argued with him over going hurry up when a defense was on their heels. He also was frank with the media and said Nagy calls slow developing plays that our offensive line cannot execute. When a 9 year vet is giving "teachable moments" to your HC that's an issue in the pros. Should never happen.

So Matt Nagy isn't some offensive mad scientist that over thinks anything. He's just a boob.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Sure you did... after you read the rest, LOL. He's started 144 games. :rolleyes: All depends on what's still in the tank AND if Nagy can call plays for him.
he was literally a back up last season.... not to mention when he did start, his numbers were less than impressive with one of the best supporting casts around him.

the facts simply don’t agree with you here.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe. but i personally believe you need one of a good offensive line or a good QB to have a good offense in today’s league. he’s got neither.
Lol he started coward for how many games? He’s an arrogant asshole.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think that's it at all...he's just too inexperienced and is in over his head.

Nick Foles argued with him over going hurry up when a defense was on their heels. He also was frank with the media and said Nagy calls slow developing plays that our offensive line cannot execute. When a 9 year vet is giving "teachable moments" to your HC that's an issue in the pros. Should never happen.

So Matt Nagy isn't some offensive mad scientist that over thinks anything. He's just a boob.

I wasn't saying overthinking himself was his only issue and agree with everything that happened with him and Foles but i just think one of his problems is him overthinking his own play calling. The guy can't get his head out of his own playbook.