Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have faith that he could still be good at running an offense? I had hope going into last year that it was all Mitch, but after Foles also looked bad, I lost my hope in Nagy being good at offense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree. He get's shit on WAY too much IMO.

BUT...... if a guy is brought in to fix the offense and it still looks this bad after three years then that's a problem.

I think many fans credit Fangio's defense for Nagy's record. And there is truth to that.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I think this is a fairly reasonable take. I would like to see him with someone competent behind center, but at the same time a lot of Nagy's shit is just baffling.

Luke

Liked Posts:

BUT...... if a guy is brought in to fix the offense and it still looks this bad after three years then that's a problem.

I think many fans credit Fangio's defense for Nagy's record. And there is truth to that.

the 12 win season was all because of the D.
Nagy did bring in the 21mil man - Foles because he could run his defense and well...

greg23

Liked Posts:
Whats not to get

The bald genius was supposed to be an offensive mastermind; instead his offense looks like dogshit and his personnel usage is fking awful.

But he runs a nice post game celebration and an entertaining egg toss.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He chose foles. He chose Daniels for trubisky back up. He insisted on he wasn’t hired to run the ball. He kept pagano after the defense got worse once he took over. ?‍♂️

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He forgotten about running the ball when it could of helped, calling stupid predictable swing passes, wasting timeouts on our first drive of the game(s), couldn't or wouldn't develop Mitchell, made Foles look like the the worse QB in the NFL, more stupid swing passes, agrees with Pace :rolleyes: , wears a visor in the cold, lied and shrunk his play sheet, doesn't understand that Lazor is a better caller than he is, takes too long to get a play to the QB, 28-20 record and Club Dub was fun but too pre-mature without a win that counts playoff wise.

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
He chose foles. He chose Daniels for trubisky back up. He insisted on he wasn’t hired to run the ball. He kept pagano after the defense got worse once he took over. ?‍♂️

I don’t really remember all of the ins and outs of last year’s off-season, but who would have been a better choice than Foles? We needed to bring someone in, right?

Daniel, as was well documented, was mainly here as a coach for Trubisky—nobody expected him to do much on the field.

I do think it’s pretty silly that he is so set on running “his offense”.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don’t really remember all of the ins and outs of last year’s off-season, but who would have been a better choice than Foles? We needed to bring someone in, right?

Daniel, as was well documented, was mainly here as a coach for Trubisky—nobody expected him to do much on the field.

I do think it’s pretty silly that he is so set on running “his offense”.

well since dalton is now qb1 maybe dalton at 2.5 mil(he got 9 mil from us this year) instead of losing a 4th andjags foisting that bad contract on us. There are many better options than trading for a bad contract

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
well since dalton is now qb1 maybe dalton at 2.5 mil(he got 9 mil from us this year) instead of losing a 4th andjags foisting that bad contract on us. There are many better options than trading for a bad contract

I definitely get it, but perhaps the Dalton contract just reflects the financials of a backup vs. starter gig.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet he worked with him at the same used car dealership

CygnusX44

Bulgogi Apparatus
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure about all of this, but I just got my first Pfizer dose. When she did the injection, I farted a bit and scared the young Hispanic girl next to me.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
This is the hate era. End of story.

Reactions: 1ke

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think Nagy's biggest problem is overthinking what plays to call. You can see when on offense every time they show Nagy his head is in that playbook like he can't decide which play to call. I'm obviously doing my own speculating but it seems like it could be a thing.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think Nagy's biggest problem is overthinking what plays to call. You can see when on offense every time they show Nagy his head is in that playbook like he can't decide which play to call. I'm obviously doing my own speculating but it seems like it could be a thing.
You just guaranteed that it’s not this, Eddie Mush.