Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
God. We know. How about Foles? How about running plays the QB can fathom. Mitch is football dumb. Run football for dummies. I'm not even a Nagy hater but I do hate white knighting him when his hands aren't clean. People excuse Nagy due to the OL but Mitch and Foles... WTF? I'm no Mitch fan either but he had the same line as Foles who was Nagy's choice to run this O.

Plenty of blame to go around and it certainly doesn't exclude Nagy.

See though, you're being completely disingenuous.

And fucking stupid.

No one is white knighting Matt Nagy. no one is calling him a Hall of Fame coach wrongly slighted. No no, Bears fans like you and your type save that honor for shitty quarterbacks like Mitch trubisky Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

An offensive minded head coach has two overall main roles - get your team ready to play and in the case of an offensive minded head coach, have your scheme beat the defense by getting players open in order to be passed to.

There isn't much more you are able to control as a head coach.

My point was that Matt Nagy has been able to scheme receivers open. He's been able to do it consistently.

But idiots like you wouldn't know it because you don't pay attention. you just getting mad and barf up beer and throw food at your TV and grunt like neanderthals without understanding a damn thing you're seeing.

There is criticism out there to be had for Matt Nagy. He's been slow to identify the proper players at times who should be starting. The way they went about finding a kicker was ridiculous and it took them too long to figure out that Cody whitehair shouldn't be playing center because he's fucking up the line calls.

If you wanted to take that angle I would have no argument with your dumb ass.

But the morons who say the problem was Matt nagy's play calling completely do not understand what the fuck they are talking about.

They went to a different play caller because Mitch was too fucking stupid to run the offense. they had to dumb it down and when they finally went against better teams at the very end, that simplistic offense got exposed.

The problem that the Bears had was a combination of bad quarterback play compounded by a guard playing out of position at center telling the rest of the line to block the wrong people.

Matt can't throw or catch for them. He's also not perfect and frankly I was fine with the Bears letting him go at the end of last season along with pace for the sake of resetting, so I'm certainly not so attached to the guy that I'm going to White knight for him.

but I am going to be completely honest and not throw trash on the dude when there were a lot of things that were not his fault, that I could pick up with my own damn eyes because I understood what the hell I was looking at.

Which is more than I can say about you.

:dealwithit:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
sure, but you’re making it a much bigger deal than it is. this is not some catastrophic deal that’s setting the franchise back years because he fell in love with a camry or something.
I'm not making anything of it. I'm just not letting you minimize it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See though, you're being completely disingenuous.

And fucking stupid.

No one is white knighting Matt Nagy. no one is calling him a Hall of Fame coach wrongly slighted. No no, Bears fans like you and your type save that honor for shitty quarterbacks like Mitch trubisky Jay Cutler and Rex Grossman.

An offensive minded head coach has two overall main roles - get your team ready to play and in the case of an offensive minded head coach, have your scheme beat the defense by getting players open in order to be passed to.

There isn't much more you are able to control as a head coach.

My point was that Matt Nagy has been able to scheme receivers open. He's been able to do it consistently.

But idiots like you wouldn't know it because you don't pay attention. you just getting mad and barf up beer and throw food at your TV and grunt like neanderthals without understanding a damn thing you're seeing.

There is criticism out there to be had for Matt Nagy. He's been slow to identify the proper players at times who should be starting. The way they went about finding a kicker was ridiculous and it took them too long to figure out that Cody whitehair shouldn't be playing center because he's fucking up the line calls.

If you wanted to take that angle I would have no argument with your dumb ass.

But the morons who say the problem was Matt nagy's play calling completely do not understand what the fuck they are talking about.

They went to a different play caller because Mitch was too fucking stupid to run the offense. they had to dumb it down and when they finally went against better teams at the very end, that simplistic offense got exposed.

The problem that the Bears had was a combination of bad quarterback play compounded by a guard playing out of position at center telling the rest of the line to block the wrong people.

Matt can't throw or catch for them. He's also not perfect and frankly I was fine with the Bears letting him go at the end of last season along with pace for the sake of resetting, so I'm certainly not so attached to the guy that I'm going to White knight for him.

but I am going to be completely honest and not throw trash on the dude when there were a lot of things that were not his fault, that I could pick up with my own damn eyes because I understood what the hell I was looking at.

Which is more than I can say about you.

:dealwithit:
LOL, how do you really feel, Drama? You guys are all semantics, spin and no substance and when called on it, make things personal. Cheap and lazy but go on. I have only said that ignoring Nagy as a part of the issue is a mistake and you guys are having a shit fit over it. Plenty of blame to go around but diminishing Nagy's part is a fools errand. I gave specific and obvious issues that had nothing to do with the QB, that you guys ignored. Stay ignorant and blissful my friend.
1617749409909.png

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I believe in accountability not excuse-making. 'Fair' is not a thing. This is a results-driven business. Nagy & Pace had multiple opportunities.
I believe in accountability not excuse-making. 'Fair' is not a thing. This is a results-driven business. Nagy & Pace had multiple opportunities.

Fair or not, I can't argue with that.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL, how do you really feel, Drama? You guys are all semantics, spin and no substance and when called on it, make things personal. Cheap and lazy but go on. I have only said that ignoring Nagy as a part of the issue is a mistake and you guys are having a shit fit over it. Plenty of blame to go around but diminishing Nagy's part is a fools errand. I gave specific and obvious issues that had nothing to do with the QB, that you guys ignored. Stay ignorant and blissful my friend.
View attachment 11166

The only one being ignorant and lazy is you. It's easy to hate. It takes more work to actually understand.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stop it, you may break that mirror. :p You're projecting like you always do. Anyone that doesn't agree with you has a diametrically opposed view in the noggin of yours. Happened with Watson's massage thread as well. I don't hate Nagy and suspect he's learning from his errors but to dismiss them is a fools game.

And by the way, I did address some of those same points you mentioned in your post but West coast ignored them and made it only about one thing and that's when you needed to vent. I wish Nagy well. I couldn't care less about you or your opinions.

Amazingly difficult to talk ball on a ball board of late. So emo.

Last edited:

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
To me Nagy does get too much hate especially with a dipshit of a GM. But it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his issues. His stubbornness in gameplans, how pissy he can get after a loss, his time management in games. Overall he’s a competent head coach. That’s it. Middle of the pack.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me Nagy does get too much hate especially with a dipshit of a GM. But it doesn’t mean he doesn’t have his issues. His stubbornness in gameplans, how pissy he can get after a loss, his time management in games. Overall he’s a competent head coach. That’s it. Middle of the pack.
I think he's been a bit below average but that's OK, He's only been a HC for 3 years and it looked like he was doing better of late. Doesn't mean this stuff didn't happen. I don't hate him but won't arbitrarily dismiss those failings because he was in a tough spot.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he's the HEAD coach..... not just the OC. As a HEAD coach he's been OK. As an OC he's failed and that's why he will probably not be around much longer. I am able to seperate the two. The last three years have had some good moments. I've certainly seen much worse as a Bears fan. I don't hate the guy at all. I actually kind of like him. But it is a results based business and the offense hasn't been fixed.... so like or not..... he'll probably have to go. But he certainly hasn't done enough for me to reach hatred levels.

I think he might have gotten a bit better as a head coach, but some of the stuff he's done as HC has infuriated me, too. Bad clock management, bad kicking game management, etc. I guess I can give him credit for improving, because I don't remember as many egregious things last year as the previous 2 years. His offense is still fucking awful, though. Lol.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stop it, you may break that mirror. :p You're projecting like you always do. Anyone that doesn't agree with you has a diametrically opposed view in the noggin of yours. Happened with Watson's massage thread as well. I don't hate Nagy and suspect he's learning from his errors but to dismiss them is a fools game.

And by the way, I did address some of those same points you mentioned in your post but West coast ignored them and made it only about one thing and that's when you needed to vent. I wish Nagy well. I couldn't care less about you or your opinions.

Amazingly difficult to talk ball on a ball board of late. So emo.

redskull5.jpg

greg23

Liked Posts:
Since when have we had wr running wide open all game long the past 3 years?

Seems like limited separation almost every pass play and rare is the occasion when they are schemed open.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Posts like this make me question why I come here. ?‍♂️

Lol. Yes, you are so transcendent in logic and reasoning and it is so apparent that you need not trouble yourself with an actual response. Fraud quality poster. (at least in this thread. Historically, you are not too bad).

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he's the HEAD coach..... not just the OC. As a HEAD coach he's been OK. As an OC he's failed and that's why he will probably not be around much longer. I am able to seperate the two. The last three years have had some good moments. I've certainly seen much worse as a Bears fan. I don't hate the guy at all. I actually kind of like him. But it is a results based business and the offense hasn't been fixed.... so like or not..... he'll probably have to go. But he certainly hasn't done enough for me to reach hatred levels.

Oh hey THERE is your point that I was asking for and you acted like I was being a dick for literally ASKING what you meant.

In response, as a HEAD COACH, he has not been OK. He has been gifted talent on defense and has been so bad at offense that he has put the defense under horrible pressure. Pagano USED to be a blitzer type DC but could not be aggressive due to the fact that the offense struggled to put up a TD and 2 FGs for any given Sunday ever.

Now, Pagano deserved criticism for not coming up with an alternative way to get pressure and he obviously made stupid calls over the year that no one mourns his leaving here.

It is astonishing to me how you can see that "it is a results based business" and "he'll probably have to go" but get on US for trashing him on the very "strengths" he was supposedly here to fix when you agree with us.

It's like you don't get how people can react differently than you? And to keep on saying it makes you "question why you come here"?

Hoping you re-discover your posting game soon. Cheers.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears fans need to let go of this guru thing, he’s not Andy Reid and he never will be. that doesn’t mean he’s been given a fair shake.

He is not even close to average never mind Reid. Ridiculous post here. No one is disappointed he isn't KC-level. We are disappointed that he is bottom-of-the-barrel level at producing yards and points.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh hey THERE is your point that I was asking for and you acted like I was being a dick for literally ASKING what you meant.

In response, as a HEAD COACH, he has not been OK. He has been gifted talent on defense and has been so bad at offense that he has put the defense under horrible pressure. Pagano USED to be a blitzer type DC but could not be aggressive due to the fact that the offense struggled to put up a TD and 2 FGs for any given Sunday ever.

Now, Pagano deserved criticism for not coming up with an alternative way to get pressure and he obviously made stupid calls over the year that no one mourns his leaving here.

It is astonishing to me how you can see that "it is a results based business" and "he'll probably have to go" but get on US for trashing him on the very "strengths" he was supposedly here to fix when you agree with us.

It's like you don't get how people can react differently than you? And to keep on saying it makes you "question why you come here"?

Hoping you re-discover your posting game soon. Cheers.
Good morning. ☀️

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People complain about that endlessly here
I meant me but ya. He currently does get too much shit for that but it was an issue in the past. Lately, he's run some plays that seem easy to defend but I tend to assume he's dumbed it down for his players to able to execute (read Antmil and Mitch).

I didn't like his play design the 1st couple years when he would run the same plays from multiple sets and a silly amount of motion that confused the Bear more than the D but he didn't do that last year. Most of the motion last year was for the QB to get looks or simply move the D. That part is getting better. I prefer an O that runs different thing from similar set than the other way around. It was closer to that last year including more play action. I don't know how much influence Lazor had on that and don't care but I do know Nagy needed a better OC than the sheep that came before.

Last edited:

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Nagy has been shit. He’s been bailed out by the D talent Pace has gathered and the coaching of Fangio. His O has been awful, his “scheme” sucks, his personnel choices have been wrong. He’s an egotistical doofus who will not get another hc gig if he doesn’t change this season.