Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He is not even close to average never mind Reid. Ridiculous post here. No one is disappointed he isn't KC-level. We are disappointed that he is bottom-of-the-barrel level at producing yards and points.
give him a QB or OL and then evaluate. i think that’s fair, also my post was in response to another poster specifically stating how a “guru” should be able over come this so your claim that no one is disappointed he’s not KC level is wrong

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he might have gotten a bit better as a head coach, but some of the stuff he's done as HC has infuriated me, too. Bad clock management, bad kicking game management, etc. I guess I can give him credit for improving, because I don't remember as many egregious things last year as the previous 2 years. His offense is still fucking awful, though. Lol.
This was almost exactly what I said before the Nagy lovers changed the narrative. So silly.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
give him a QB or OL and then evaluate. i think that’s fair, also my post was in response to another poster specifically stating how a “guru” should be able over come this so your claim that no one is disappointed he’s not KC level is wrong

Being a self-described "guru" that is unable to overcome the deficiencies is not equivalent to being disappointed he is not Andy Reid. You falsely equivocated when you summarized the othe rposter there.

Nagy asked for Foles and said the OL will be fine after firing Heistand and Helfrich. Pace deserves blame for buying into Nagy's bullshit but Nagy does not deserve the "free pass" you give him on having no QB and no OL.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Being a self-described "guru" that is unable to overcome the deficiencies is not equivalent to being disappointed he is not Andy Reid. You falsely equivocated when you summarized the othe rposter there.

Nagy asked for Foles and said the OL will be fine after firing Heistand and Helfrich. Pace deserves blame for buying into Nagy's bullshit but Nagy does not deserve the "free pass" you give him on having no QB and no OL.

to this point, there was apparently better offensive line talent on the team from what he evaluated as being the best lineup. so just take that for what it's worth. though I guess since it's fresh in my mind again, there was no preseason, they just cobbled together what they had, but even still it probably should've been handled better. so I'm clear, Foles played with the lesser unit right?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
to this point, there was apparently better offensive line talent on the team from what he evaluated as being the best lineup. so just take that for what it's worth. though I guess since it's fresh in my mind again, there was no preseason, they just cobbled together what they had, but even still it probably should've been handled better. so I'm clear, Foles played with the lesser unit right?

They got more solid after Foles, but still not great; inconsistent technique and sloppiness pervaded. They only looked serviceable against sub-par D-lines. Nagy's prpe pf the OL and gameplan and total lack of adjustment was an eternal anchor on the offense until Lazor (and some of the easier defenses on the schedule simultaneously).

mecha

Liked Posts:
They got more solid after Foles, but still not great; inconsistent technique and sloppiness pervaded. They only looked serviceable against sub-par D-lines. Nagy's prpe pf the OL and gameplan and total lack of adjustment was an eternal anchor on the offense until Lazor (and some of the easier defenses on the schedule simultaneously).

they improved with the false starts eventually. that was a major problem for a time. so I guess... credit to that. overall pretty absurdly undisciplined team with the unsportsmanlike "let's punch people" shit too. BE YOU!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

did he really call himself a guru? i think “self-described” is disingenuous.

Also you have no idea what Nagy thought of the OL once hiestand and helfrich were gone. it’s not like Pace was drafting OL every year before Nagy was here.

Last edited:

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
did he really call himself a guru? i think “self-described” is disingenuous.

Also you have no idea what Nagy thought of the OL once hiestand and helfrich were gone. it’s not like Pace was drafting OL every year before Nagy was here.

Does Nagy pay you in any way for being his stan? I would hate to think you do this for free. You are beyond focused on making excuses for him ... wait, cue "Oh Nagy has his faults but I just think Pace is worse". Try collecting all your posts and reading them all together in one sitting to realize why no one buys your line.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Does Nagy pay you in any way for being his stan? I would hate to think you do this for free. You are beyond focused on making excuses for him ... wait, cue "Oh Nagy has his faults but I just think Pace is worse". Try collecting all your posts and reading them all together in one sitting to realize why no one buys your line.
i’m simply pointing out how full of shit you are.

you said nagy thought this with no actual information to support your point. i’m sorry you can’t defend your point.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What is Nagy good at?

Calling plays?
Scheming an offense?
Putting his players in a position to succeed?
Evaluating talent?
Situational personnel?
Clock management?
Coaches challenges?

Real question, what is he good at?
Club dub

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is Nagy good at?

Calling plays?
Scheming an offense?
Putting his players in a position to succeed?
Evaluating talent?
Situational personnel?
Clock management?
Coaches challenges?

Real question, what is he good at?
He's not 'bad' at all of those but not really good at any of them. He's had little help with O coaching until this last year and appears to be learning but he needs to come out firing this year. If he can't do the things you listed well, especially the game management and player evaluation stuff, he'll lose his value as a HC as well as Player's Coach, It's surprising how his team continues to play for him and worth noting but it's not enough. If he hands the O over to an OC at some point, he needs to do better on game day management and D scheming help like a true HC.

We had a HC that was one side of the ball for years and it always left us short on the other side and with game management but at least Lovie got the D right.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i’m simply pointing out how full of shit you are.

you said nagy thought this with no actual information to support your point. i’m sorry you can’t defend your point.

I am not full of shit. You think the workings of an NFL coach and GM relationship needs citation. I am sorry you are a moron.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's not 'bad' at all of those but not really good at any of them.

et tu?

He's had little help with O coaching until this last year

LOL he is responsible for hiring the O coaching. And is now on the second or third for all positions now.

and appears to be learning but he needs to come out firing this year.

Deja vu. If true for last year, even more so this year - to the point where his defenders look like they are in denial.

especially the game management and player evaluation stuff,

He has shown NO growth in these areas at all.

It's surprising how his team continues to play for him and worth noting but it's not enough.

It's not surprising and hardly worth noticing let alone mentioning.

There is no accountability for blown assignments, dropped balls, not paying attention to basic fundamental details, zero.

Only difference I can see between the lack of discipline in this locker room vs. Trestman's is the current roster does not have psychos and Nagy has not been blown off the football field in the first ten minutes of any game let alone consecutively (yet).

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And I've been called a hater in this thread, LOL. Seems a lot of folks here can only see extremes.

QUOTE="Outlaw Josey Cutler, post: 3636531, member: 11195"]
et tu?
What about me?

LOL he is responsible for hiring the O coaching. And is now on the second or third for all positions now.
Should have changed his OC much sooner but he did. That was the point.

Deja vu. If true for last year, even more so this year - to the point where his defenders look like they are in denial.
Where have I defended him. Just trying a rational evaluation as opposed to white knighting or pure hate, Seems both side think I'm the opposition, LOL.

He has shown NO growth in these areas at all.
I said he needs to soo why the bitching?

It's not surprising and hardly worth noticing let alone mentioning.
Teams with fail HCs quit quite often. Other coaches that haven't done well have lost their teams. Doesn't make him a better OC but it allows him to continue to coach them up and give effort on game day. Far from the most important thing but in your world he is needs to be utterly worthless at all things and then you'll say he's worse than that.

There is no accountability for blown assignments, dropped balls, not paying attention to basic fundamental details, zero.
I tend to agree, especially at FB. There is some but always to little, too late. Some is due to lack of depth.

Only differenceI can see between the lack of discipline in this locker room vs. Trestman's is the current roster does not have psychos and Nagy has not been blown off the football field in the first ten minutes of any game let alone consecutively (yet).
What was that you said about choosing personnel and accountability? Trestman is a poor example.
[/QUOTE

jerkstore

Liked Posts:
I guess Olin Kreutz looked Ross Tucker up and found that he’s the same age as Nagy and grew up near him in PA. Both guys played basketball and football. Probably old buddies.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What about me?

I'm your huckleberry, lol

Should have changed his OC much sooner but he did. That was the point.

He changed everything and nothing changed. Even the playcalling - which he took back quickly enough to go back to shit production. You said "he appears to be learning" about the O coaching. I disagreed and can show the last two games of the season as proof that he has not learned and is so likely never to learn that his firing should have been a foregone conclusion.

Where have I defended him. Just trying a rational evaluation as opposed to white knighting or pure hate, Seems both side think I'm the opposition, LOL.

You said he appears to be learning (wrong) ... You said it is worth noting his players haven't revolted (lol). You certainly are not in denial about him like WestCoast but don't pretend you aren't defending him. "Pure hate" by the way, a charged term that is an example of gross mischaracterization of most people who hold "fire Nagy" position. Better, please.

I said he needs to soo why the bitching?

Oh I was agreeing there. I quoted that as one of the parts that I liked in that "[Yes], he has shown NO growth in those areas at all"

in your world he is needs to be utterly worthless at all things and then you'll say he's worse than that.

Needs to? Unfair accusation of arriving at a conclusion before evidence is considered. Slander. I mean libel. lol

What was that you said about choosing personnel and accountability? Trestman is a poor example.

You did not understand my point at all re: his lack of discipline in the locker room. (to all the mouth-breathers out there, discipline is proven or disproven by lack of accountability for mistakes, behavior etc.)

Nagy's lack of accountability and discipline seem just as bad as it was before Trestman started his downward spiral. I am not saying it is AS bad but I am saying that we could be headed there given some woodshed outings (of which Nagy has had few) and may NEVER be as bad consideringthe stars on his roster do not seem to have the mental issues of Trestman's.

But that still is hardly something worth noting - let alone mentioning.