Ross Tucker thinks the hate on Matt Nagy has gone too far because he's never had a losing season and did it all with a 2.5M backup QB

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I am not full of shit. You think the workings of an NFL coach and GM relationship needs citation. I am sorry you are a moron.
you literally have no clue if nagy asked for OL or not. Pace is a self described BPA GM. You’re literally confirmation biasing to the extreme right now.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
you literally have no clue if nagy asked for OL or not. Pace is a self described BPA GM. You’re literally confirmation biasing to the extreme right now.

Hey you know what you are right. And you have no clue whether Pace denied Nagy ASKING for talented OL or not so ...

Are you confirmation biasing when you blame Pace for not giving Nagy talent to win? Or do you finally want to join the rest of us in saying that the two together cannot evaluate talent, cannot develop talent and we are spiraling downward with the both of them?

Or will you still blame Pace and act as if Nagy could succeed under a different GM? Because this guy is horrible at just about everything (except getting rioted against in the locker room which doesn't really amount to winning games though)

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They brag about their communication so...

Yeah it's been pretty obvious that they are on the same page in talent evaluation from reports and not even any rumors of strife in that area which is rare. Remember - real or not, -Fox's tenure was littered with rumors of bucking heads against Pace over talent acquisition.

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
Perhaps eventually someday the stars will align and the perfect talent will be assembled for Matt Nagy's scheme and it will work and finally reveal his genius. Until then, he will fail because he is unwilling to adapt to the actual assembled talent and unwilling/unable to coach up players.
Fuck Matt Nagy and fuck the Chicago Bears for retaining his egomaniac ass.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Hey you know what you are right. And you have no clue whether Pace denied Nagy ASKING for talented OL or not so ...

Are you confirmation biasing when you blame Pace for not giving Nagy talent to win? Or do you finally want to join the rest of us in saying that the two together cannot evaluate talent, cannot develop talent and we are spiraling downward with the both of them?

Or will you still blame Pace and act as if Nagy could succeed under a different GM? Because this guy is horrible at just about everything (except getting rioted against in the locker room which doesn't really amount to winning games though)
it’s not really confirmation bias when Pace’s entire job description is assembling the Chicago Bears. I have no clue what Nagy asked for, the same as you and any other poster here, but i do know that Pace hasn’t invested shit in the OL before Nagy got here too. It makes sense that Pace would hypothetically hold BPA to a higher degree of importance than prioritizing either A) positional needs or B) his coach’s input since he did that with John Fox too. See Deshaun Watson.

And i do believe Nagy count succeed in another location with a better GM.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's drafted 6 OL in 6 years, drafted the entire interior (1 a UDFA draft day signing), Acquired the RT in FA and extended Leno. The Leno extension seems a fail but looked the obvious move when made. We're finally in a position to move on LT when we can. Ifedi was brought in by recommendation of the Offensive coaches who thought they could make him a top G. That failed so he's back at his natural position but Pace doesn't come up with that sort of thing on his own. Of course he's scouting with the coaches.

In fact, every player on the OL squad outside of Leno, was brought in by Pace.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's drafted 6 OL in 6 years, drafted the entire interior (1 a UDFA draft day signing), Acquired the RT in FA and extended Leno. The Leno extension seems a fail but looked the obvious move when made. We're finally in a position to move on LT when we can. Ifedi was brought in by recommendation of the Offensive coaches who thought they could make him a top G. That failed so he's back at his natural position but Pace doesn't come up with that sort of thing on his own. Of course he's scouting with the coaches.

^ This. They are all a jumble on tape. Look like Keystone Kops. You were right about the fails of the O coaching - really bad on the OL and Nagy has never fixed it.

i do know that Pace hasn’t invested shit in the OL before Nagy got here too.

LOL. Pace deserves shit but to use him to shield Nagy is ridiculous.

Nagy is so bad week to week in gameplanning, in-game adjustments, clock management and roster evaluations I don't think for one second he will get another chance with a different GM, but if he does, I would lay serious money on Vegas odds against his playoff winning chances. I just don't know if the lines would see any action the other way for me to earn much off it.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
How they both have their jobs in shocking to be honest!

Just look at the evidence against pace, every decision he’s made at qb would be laughable if I weren’t a Bears fan. Glennon for 18million???? Draft Trubisky and what he spent to make that dumb decision.Daniel, Foles and a fourth and now another dud in dalton. Is he that much better than foles???? Nothing seems to have a style or direction of any sort other than backwards.

Nagy’s had three years and shitty players but there has been zero improvement or signs of hope with him either. His clock mismanagement is abysmal, again there are no signs of his genius other than shitty!

I guarantee the bum they draft this year at QB will be a wasted draft pick bc they both will get fired after this year and their 4 win season!

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

drafting 6 OL in 6 years sounds great till you realize that 1 of them was rounds 2 or higher. you should invest premium picks in premium positions.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
^ This. They are all a jumble on tape. Look like Keystone Kops. You were right about the fails of the O coaching - really bad on the OL and Nagy has never fixed it.

LOL. Pace deserves shit but to use him to shield Nagy is ridiculous.

Nagy is so bad week to week in gameplanning, in-game adjustments, clock management and roster evaluations I don't think for one second he will get another chance with a different GM, but if he does, I would lay serious money on Vegas odds against his playoff winning chances. I just don't know if the lines would see any action the other way for me to earn much off it.
lol what? look at some of the guys getting hired in today’s nfl and you want to tell me he won’t get another shot with a different team? you seriously underestimate how dumb some of these franchises are and how nagy is still regarded in NFL circles.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
drafting 6 OL in 6 years sounds great till you realize that 1 of them was rounds 2 or higher. you should invest premium picks in premium positions.
2 starting Gs both drafted in the 2nd round so no and that's high for guards.

Maybe you forgot how many 1st round picks we lost and where you need to draft LTs or our T contracts that appeared to be deserved when signed. Re-signed Kyle Long and expected a perennial Pro Bowl player. Leno and Whitehair made the ProBowl in 2018. I think PFF had them the 6th or 7th best rated line that year and that was with Long mostly done. I know PFF is meh at this but it still means it was a decent line. Shit happens, Long broke down and Leno seemed to have lost interest. Some of their demise was changing coaches, blocking techniques and scheme.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol what? look at some of the guys getting hired in today’s nfl and you want to tell me he won’t get another shot with a different team? you seriously underestimate how dumb some of these franchises are and how nagy is still regarded in NFL circles.
26.) Matt Nagy (Bears)

#20 Nagy

21. Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears - This one was from Oct of last year when on the win streak.

He's currently regarded as below average.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How they both have their jobs in shocking to be honest!

Just look at the evidence against pace, every decision he’s made at qb would be laughable if I weren’t a Bears fan. Glennon for 18million???? Draft Trubisky and what he spent to make that dumb decision.Daniel, Foles and a fourth and now another dud in dalton. Is he that much better than foles???? Nothing seems to have a style or direction of any sort other than backwards.

Nagy’s had three years and shitty players but there has been zero improvement or signs of hope with him either. His clock mismanagement is abysmal, again there are no signs of his genius other than shitty!

I guarantee the bum they draft this year at QB will be a wasted draft pick bc they both will get fired after this year and their 4 win season!

Didn't you claim to be dying last year?
Are you over your calamity,Klotty?

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
26.) Matt Nagy (Bears)

#20 Nagy

21. Matt Nagy, Chicago Bears - This one was from Oct of last year when on the win streak.

26.) Matt Nagy (Bears)

#20 Nagy

20 and 21 will get him another gig, especially because most of the NFL outside of chicago really does believe he’s a smart offensive coach handicapped by his QB situation. somebody will take a chance on him.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
2 starting Gs both drafted in the 2nd round so no and that's high for guards.

Maybe you forgot how many 1st round picks we lost and where you need to draft LTs or our T contracts that appeared to be deserved when signed. Re-signed Kyle Long and expected a perennial Pro Bowl player. Leno and Whitehair made the ProBowl in 2018. I think PFF had them the 6th or 7th best rated line that year and that was with Long mostly done. I know PFF is meh at this but it still means it was a decent line. Shit happens, Long broke down and Leno seemed to have lost interest. Some of their demise was changing coaches, blocking techniques and scheme.
who lost those first round picks? that’s not an excuse, he gave those picks up. nobody put a gun to his head and said trade for Mack. am i supposed to feel bad for him or something? and even then it’s not like he didn’t have middle round picks he could have used to address OL. it’s about what you choose to invest your assets in when you have them, pace chose to invest them in the BPA strategy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
who lost those first round picks? that’s not an excuse, he gave those picks up. nobody put a gun to his head and said trade for Mack. am i supposed to feel bad for him or something? and even then it’s not like he didn’t have middle round picks he could have used to address OL. it’s about what you choose to invest your assets in when you have them, pace chose to invest them in the BPA strategy.
LOL. How did I know you were going to say that? OK you win. Nagy is good because Pace didn't use all his 1st round picks on tackles after signing respected ones to extended contracts. Did Pace make mistakes? Plenty but it's not that difficult to separate the two as opposed to using one as an excuse for the other. Those picks he gave up got us a defensive MVP and setup Nagy for his lone winning season and COY award. His 1st year when he stated that the O was simplified, 101.

He got coach of the year due to the D, a year where the O rank 21st in yards and points while the D ranked 1st in points and constantly gave the O field position with 36 turnovers. The O gave up 24 balls on it's own and cost the D the #1 yards ranking. Imagine receiving 36 turnovers, having the D score TDs on their own and still ranking 21st in points.

I called Nagy below average and every current evaluation of coaches that I can find agrees with me. You said otherwise and completely ignored the post that backed up what I said. Your speculation that somebody else may or may not hire him in his current capacity has nothing to do with it. I'm willing to see if he can get it together but there's no reason to sugarcoat the situation.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
LOL. How did I know you were going to say that? OK you win. Nagy is good because Pace didn't use all his 1st round picks on tackles after signing respected ones to extended contracts. Did Pace make mistakes? Plenty but it's not that difficult to separate the two as opposed to using one as an excuse for the other.

I called Nagy below average and every current evaluation of coaches that I can find agrees with me. You said otherwise and completely ignored the post that backed up what I said. That your speculation that somebody else may or may not hire him in his current capacity has nothing to do with it. I'm willing to see if he can get it together but there's no reason to sugarcoat the situation.
you knew i was going to say it because it’s true and you can’t argue it. Pace doesn’t know how to manage his assets.

and i was responding to a post that had nothing to do with our conversation. Josey was the first one to say Nagy wouldn’t get another gig, and i disagree seeing as though your “evaluation” pegs him as a slightly below average HC while working with back up QBs. it’s reasonable to assume he will get another gig and another GM will think to himself this can work if he has a QB. i mean Dan Campbell and David Culley just got head coaching jobs. Am i supposed to argue a hypothetical with facts for something that hasn’t even happened yet?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, because you've been deferring blame from the start and on a draft roll that you already erred on.

As for the hiring, both positions are speculations and shouldn't be addressed with certainty like you did. 2 wrongs don't make you right. None of us know what his future would hold.