Roster Cage Match: Allen Robinson vs Kyle Fuller

Who stays?

• Total voters

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw this poll on Twitter and thought I would get the CCS take on it.

Going into next season you can only keep one...so who do you keep???

Robinson or Fuller?

Obviously Robinson has no contract and is heavily favored for the franchise tag. Kyle Fuller has only 2021 left on his contract, but it comes with a $20 million dollar cap hit that can be avoided with a new contract.

Both players are very good at their respective jobs. Both could be considered trade commodities. Both also had rookies at their respective positions shine brightly last season.

The reality is the Bears really will be hard pressed to keep both of these players that are hugely important to each side of the ball in Chicago.

Who you got???

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller.....greater impact and tone setter in secondary

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it depends on how Pace decides to tackle the QB position. Say Pace goes out and acquires the impossible - Watson. You have to bring back AR in that instance. You can't acquire a guy like Watson and have the cupboard empty.

I am anticipating no FA QB signings tho at this point (maybe Mariota or Minshew), but I don't consider those guys worth a shit. At that point, Bears are in full on re-build mode. Let Robinson walk. Draft a QB and also draft a WR. This draft is full of WR talent. So, while I hate my answer here, I think it's Fuller.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I thought this was going to be about who would win in a fight.

If it were, I'd say Fuller would destroy ARob.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fuller .. Colleges have put wayyy more emphasis on WRs with more and more spread offenses, all the high school talent and athletes are sticking at WR. Corners are harder to find.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s a tough call, and like @HawkBear bear said...a lot comes down to how pace goes at the offseason. But I will add that fuller is 29 and ARob is 27. I lean towards the younger guy all things else being equal. ARob has a better chance of living up to a new deal than fuller does IMO

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
$20 million is a lot to pay for an off-man corner. Maybe rework his contract so he can be gone after he turns 31. Not sure how that will work

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do we have a legit QB or not? If so then definitely ARob for me.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Honestly, Fuller plays a bigger part of beating GB than Robinson does. The division runs through Wisconsin and the team is better off if they plan accordingly.

Fuller plays a pretty big role on defense and can force AR to look off his primary. Robinson helps get points on the board, and we do have to outscore GB. In the end, you have to ask, which player is harder to replace? I say Fuller is harder to replace than Robinson, and so if we can only have one, we should keep 23

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fuller

Hes a better CB than Arob is a WR. I'm a giant fan of arob, but if you get a great qb like watson he is replaceable. An elite CB is not.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
$20 million is a lot to pay for an off-man corner. Maybe rework his contract so he can be gone after he turns 31. Not sure how that will work

He won't get paid 20M. He will get extended. It will work the same way the Darius Slay extension worked. He was traded from Detroit to the Eagles and signed a 3-year, 50.5Mil extension. 13M signing bonus, 30M guaranteed. His cap hit was lowered from 13M+ to 4.5Mil in 2020. With 30M guaranteed, he can be cut after 2021 with 6.5M dead money and 13M saved cap for the Eagles......before his age 31 season.

Fuller is a year younger than Slay, so the contract can be structured the exact same way and Fuller can be cut after 2022 with a not-so-bad dead cap hit or he can play out 2023 and be cut with no dead cap if he's still performing.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
It pains me to say it but I’d take A Rob if they got a QB. It’s hard to find WR1s in their prime and I’d say if the Bears can find Johnson they can find another really good corner or sign one. They might not be able to get back what A Rob brings to the table and you’d want to give the new QB as many weapons as you can. People are really underrating how good A Rob would be with a good QB.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I saw this poll on Twitter and thought I would get the CCS take on it.

Going into next season you can only keep one...so who do you keep???

Robinson or Fuller?

Obviously Robinson has no contract and is heavily favored for the franchise tag. Kyle Fuller has only 2021 left on his contract, but it comes with a $20 million dollar cap hit that can be avoided with a new contract.

Both players are very good at their respective jobs. Both could be considered trade commodities. Both also had rookies at their respective positions shine brightly last season.

The reality is the Bears really will be hard pressed to keep both of these players that are hugely important to each side of the ball in Chicago.

Who you got???
Fuller /thread

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It pains me to say it but I’d take A Rob if they got a QB. It’s hard to find WR1s in their prime and I’d say if the Bears can find Johnson they can find another really good corner or sign one. They might not be able to get back what A Rob brings to the table and you’d want to give the new QB as many weapons as you can. People are really underrating how good A Rob would be with a good QB.
What if I told you the Bears still have Anthony Miller and Javon Wims on the roster? Does that change your opinion?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, the Bears can afford to lose a great receiver because they have Javon Wims/Anthony Miller LMAO do you think before you post?

If your point is Fuller > A Rob to keep no issues with that, but whatever nonsense you said doesn’t seem to apply.

I'm 96.7% sure you missed the joke on that one.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would probably lean towards AR simply because he’s two years younger.