Roster Cuts and The Final 53

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
I’m hoping Tyler Bray is QB2 and Daniel gets cut.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I am not crazy for thinking that Iggy hasn’t been good in the preseason?

A couple of guys on Twitter are trying to convince me that he is there best backup LB in coverage.

He is the best backup in coverage, but that's not saying much. And he hasn't been good (didn't see last night's game). If Trevathan or Smith go down, the Bears would probably be pretty predictable if Kwit is in (he needs to blitz on pass downs).

I think he makes the team over Woods, but I would personally take Woods if I was the guy making the decisions.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs on the score this morning, said he asked Lucas if he thought it was a good thing that he did not play in the game. He said there was like an 11 second pause with this 6'8 beast staring down at him that was extremely uncomfortable. Funny stuff.

That Thurman linebacker (whatever his name is good ol 53) has been very noticable on the field. I would think he and Nall deserve some special teams time. They might just keep the 3 running backs though. I really dont like when any starters are running around on special teams.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Thinking Horsted #47 showed enough to make the team.
He played really well, I think he showed enough to at least make the practice squad. The Bears will probably keep 4 tight ends and I think Sowell will be the fourth man. I could be wrong and would be happy to be so but it seems the coaches like Sowell's potential as a blocking TE. Personally I would replace Shaheen and all his 'potential' with Horsted. It ain't gonna happen but one can dream.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Horsted looks like he could effectively play the U spot with his athletic ability. Not having an actual backup to Burton hurt the Bears last season
Not only that but the Chiefs had no answer for an injured Kelce when Nagy was there, it seems like a position that haunts Nagy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I still think Iggy has more to offer than Fitts does. In what two years (?) I can't recall more than a handle of times I even *noticed* him on the field. A few special teams tackles, but mostly weak pass-rushing. Too bad, I liked his calm demeanor.

#KeepVaughters!

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not only that but the Chiefs had no answer for an injured Kelce when Nagy was there, it seems like a position that haunts Nagy.
That was something Nagy explained, he learned a valuable lesson of when he was named HC. hopefully a few good TE's fall through the next wave of cuts. allot of players will be available after this week.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think Iggy has more to offer than Fitts does. In what two years (?) I can't recall more than a handle of times I even *noticed* him on the field. A few special teams tackles, but mostly weak pass-rushing. Too bad, I liked his calm demeanor.

#KeepVaughters!
Seems Fitts fell off the radar a bit. few other guys look to have more steam or want when they are on the field. maybe fitts needs a few xtra pounds, or a lil more speed,who knows.