Roster cuts (including cuts across the league)

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
But both Harry and St Brown have been more productive than Coulter thus far in NFL. Coulter has yet to catch a ball in NFL regular season.
Just as long as ESB holds on to the ball after he catches it. I think he fumbled on his way out of bounds the other night.

baredown

Liked Posts:
One observation that hasn't been mentioned yet - Poles drafted 11 guys, nine of them in the 5th round or later, and he kept all of them. He's got 10 of them on the initial 53. That's either a lot of confidence in their ability to evaluate & develop players, an indictment on the existing talent base. or most likely, both...

One prediction - Harry will go on IR now, and Kamara will get re-signed in his place. Robinson is not ready to contribute yet. They need a 4th DE that can play now, especially with Gipson moving inside a lot in passing situations.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Jesper Horsted made the cut with the Raiders. They already have an all-pro TE in Waller, so I wonder how many targets Horsted will get. Is he a better receiver than any Bear TE on the roster?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Interesting that Jesper Horsted made the cut with the Raiders. They already have an all-pro TE in Waller, so I wonder how many targets Horsted will get. Is he a better receiver than any Bear TE on the roster?
The Bears are not going to use a U TE who can't block. Horsted just does not fit this scheme.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One observation that hasn't been mentioned yet - Poles drafted 11 guys, nine of them in the 5th round or later, and he kept all of them. He's got 10 of them on the initial 53. That's either a lot of confidence in their ability to evaluate & develop players, an indictment on the existing talent base. or most likely, both...

One prediction - Harry will go on IR now, and Kamara will get re-signed in his place. Robinson is not ready to contribute yet. They need a 4th DE that can play now, especially with Gipson moving inside a lot in passing situations.

Turay,DE who got cut by the 9ers played for the Colts and had 5.5 sacks. 9ers are deep at edge though so he had to go.

Knows the defense.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So, just read that the Bears can not IR WR Harry until 4 pm Wed, 4 hours after waiver claims have been awarded if they want him eligible to return.
So, any player they use to replace him will have to passed through waivers.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Already said he had a good 2020 but sucked in 2021. 2 years is a long time in the NFL. Gipson and Muhammed were better last year.
But Gipson has been a no-show this pre-season.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a believer in Horsted. I think he's going to do a decent job even with Waller.

napo55

Liked Posts:
The Bears are not going to use a U TE who can't block. Horsted just does not fit this scheme.
How many times have Bear fans heard this excuse for cutting or trading a good player.?