Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fingers crossed improved QB play can fix Miller’s route running, hands, work ethic and attitude
If he's still starting when Fields does, Fields only needs to understand and trust his routes for miller to stick. Miller will never be a great programmed route runner but if he an Fields are on the same page, it won't matter.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hearing good things about Goodwin at this point. I think the last spots are between Dazz, Byrd, Wims and Ridley.

I wonder if the injury means Daz gets stashed either IR or PS.

My question here is if we have/need a taller WR to backup Robinson.

My gut says Butt doesn't make the roster.
I think Dazz is at camp and pushing for time. If nothing else, we need his punt return chops. Something both Cohen ant Antmil should be good at but have never excelled in. Dazz is a natural at it. Should make the roster just on ST if he heals quickly. The collar bone will be over 3 mo. out by LA but none of us know the severity. He did have surgery.

Last edited:

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's still starting when Fields does, Fields only needs to understand and trust his routes for miller to stick. Miller will never be a great programmed route runner but if he an Fields are on the same page, it won't matter.
I think you give that fuckwit a lot of undeserved credit there. If Miller doesn’t know where he’s lining up and which routes he’s running then fuck knows how Fields is expected to know ??‍♂️

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you give that fuckwit a lot of undeserved credit there. If Miller doesn’t know where he’s lining up and which routes he’s running then fuck knows how Fields is expected to know ??‍♂️
I'm trying to be positive. I was hoping we'd get something on trade, LOL. Fucking disappointing. He'd obviously have to improve his stock. The hope would be a Field(s) general may help him.

Last edited:

Grape

Liked Posts:
What do y'all think of Jake Butt's chances of making it?

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to be positive. I was hoping we'd get something on trade, LOL. Fucking disappointing. He'd obviously have to improve his stock. The hope would be a Field(s) general may help him.
I get you. Miller drives me mad, he’s shown some stunning flashes but all the signs point to him being an arrogant prick who’s mailing it in up to this point

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Fields changes everything.

If he can be accurate with the football, we can emphasize speed at the WR position.

If not, larger catch radius guys will be the ticket.

We are going to have to see what Fields can do and build accordingly, instead of forcing a system on him and hoping it works out.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Have Ridley and Wims given any reason to stay? If Dazz, Goodwin and Byrd look good in TC and exhibition games, it's time for a change.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have Ridley and Wims given any reason to stay? If Dazz, Goodwin and Byrd look good in TC and exhibition games, it's time for a change.
No. We are clearly emphasizing speed.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I get you. Miller drives me mad, he’s shown some stunning flashes but all the signs point to him being an arrogant prick who’s mailing it in up to this point
I’m not a fan based on his Attitude/ lack of self control. He’s talented…and his yardage would have been better with a more accurate QB…but concerns over the playbook/knowing where to be and his juvenile lack of self control/pro mentality is a big concern

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
We got a lot of guys who cannot find the end zone. I don't expect that to change with Fields.

I actually think Fields will be 3rd in non-passing TDs if he starts over Dalton.

How confident are you that Monty will have more rushing TDs than Fields?

That Mooney, Miller, Wims, Ridley, Kmet will have more receiving TDs than Fields has rushing TDs.

When your GM is 7 years in...that's effing pathetic for a supporting cast.

EDIT: Hell, Fields might be 1st or 2nd in scoring. If he had 9 rushing TDs last year, he'd be the top scorer. I forgot how bad our offense was last year - it's mind boggling.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We got a lot of guys who cannot find the end zone. I don't expect that to change with Fields.

I actually think Fields will be 3rd in non-passing TDs if he starts over Dalton.

That Mooney, Miller, Wims, Ridley, Kmet will have more receiving TDs than Fields has rushing TDs.

EDIT: Hell, Fields might be 1st or 2nd in scoring. If he had 9 rushing TDs last year, he'd be the top scorer. I forgot how bad our offense was last year - it's mind boggling.
Not the worst bunch but there is a ton of "if this can___" and "if that guy can___". They need Mooney and Kmet to progress and i actually think they will.

I think the Anthony Miller love is just memories of 2018 lingering in peoples hearts. He's a dumb player with speed. Those guys are easily replaceable and you'll find plenty with a better attitude.

I will disagree that they dont have a lot of guys who cannot find the endzone. Plenty of missed open shots downfield. Impossible to get YAC with QBs so off-target. Opportunities are there but the the delivery isn't. But who knows how teams will start playing them when(or if) they show they have a QB who can hit a deep shot at an acceptable NFL rate.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

so you're saying stay away from montgomery in fantasy, it's kind of like kyler murray stealing td's from my rb last year

Bust

Liked Posts:
I think the Anthony Miller love is just memories of 2018 lingering in peoples hearts. He's a dumb player with speed. Those guys are easily replaceable and you'll find plenty with a better attitude.
It's Miller's contract year? Some guys come in extra motivated. Can Fields keep the troops locked in when speaking with them in the huddle. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
so you're saying stay away from montgomery in fantasy, it's kind of like kyler murray stealing td's from my rb last year
It wouldn't surprise me if some of the guys we are expecting to step up don't because Fields just takes the ball himself in the red zone.

Like if he throws to Miller or Wims and they drop it - he might lose trust and start taking on more himself.