Roughing calls

superchops70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Wichita State Shockers
It’s pretty obvious now that Fields does not get the same roughing the passer calls that other quarterbacks get. I’m assuming this is because he’s a big, strong, athletic quarterback and they don’t feel like they need to protect him like they do the old white guy quarterbacks. Rules should be the same for everyone though!

Toast88

Liked Posts:
A statue quarterback gets loose, runs, slides, gets hit---automatic penalty.

A running quarterback gets loose, runs, slides, gets hit---no call, unless you've reached superstar protection status.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
He should have gotten the one roughing call when he slid and got contacted in the head afterwards. It was just as obvious a penalty as the non-call for Pass Interference on Claypool at the end of the Dolphins game. There have been a lot of suspect calls this season for the Bears, no doubt. The team isn't good enough to overcome any kind of big mistake coupled with a slew of bad calls from the refs.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I fear that he's getting the Cam Newton treatment. Cam used to get obliterated and never got calls. Fields isn't built like most quarterbacks, so despite him taking these massive hits, he rarely ever gets a call. It's not fair, but it's the bias of the NFL. Fields had easily 2-3 that should have been called yesterday, yet Mariota trips over himself like a newborn giraffe and its an automatic penalty.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There have been a lot of suspect calls this season for the Bears, no doubt.

That is the crux of it. It's more frustrating to see it happen at Solider Field too.

I would complain, but a top 5 draft pick is a nice consolation prize. The defense is not getting much better and the offense has probably already peaked for the season, which only got a single win against an AFC team.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He should have gotten the one roughing call when he slid and got contacted in the head afterwards. It was just as obvious a penalty as the non-call for Pass Interference on Claypool at the end of the Dolphins game. There have been a lot of suspect calls this season for the Bears, no doubt. The team isn't good enough to overcome any kind of big mistake coupled with a slew of bad calls from the refs.
STOPPING AT THIS TEAM IS'NT GOOD ENOUGH, WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENT

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
To call that bullshit penalty to Mariota for incidental contact to the legs versus not calling a helmet to helmet shot against a sliding QB was fucking criminal.