Round 2 - Run To The Podium

PickSix

Liked Posts:
You guys seemed bored. Here’s a question for you.
Seems obvious with as many holes that remain on the roster that Pace should trade trade down from 43 and maybe even 50.
Is there anyone at 43 that might have a chance to fall to the Bears that is just too good to pass up making Pace run to the podium? Who ya got?
Some possibilities:
Love
Reagor
Gladney
Jackson
Cleveland
Cushenberry
Kmet

Or trade down regardless?

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
Told everyone here that Claypool would be a PERFECT fit at the other outside WR spot to A-Rob. Now, he is looking like a 1st round pick.. so we won't see him in the 2nd.

I would grab Kmet if he is there with the 1st pick we have in the 2nd. Go interior OL with the 2nd pick we have there.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
You guys seemed bored. Here’s a question for you.
Seems obvious with as many holes that remain on the roster that Pace should trade trade down from 43 and maybe even 50.
Is there anyone at 43 that might have a chance to fall to the Bears that is just too good to pass up making Pace run to the podium? Who ya got?
Some possibilities:
Love
Reagor
Gladney
Jackson
Cleveland
Cushenberry
Kmet

Or trade down regardless?
I know this is a shitty attitude to have but for this year I really dont give a shit about the draft. Maybe we get lucky maybe we dont but its hard to get excited over the draft this year especially in light of recent events. Im hoping the season starts when its supposed to.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Niang, Reagor, Mims, Ruiz or Cushenberry...

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Very low probability the Bears hang on to both 2nd picks where they currently are. Bears will be trying to trade down later in the 2nd to acquire a 3rd rd pick. Would not be surprised if they trade down twice to acquire a 3rd, 4th and maybe some additional picks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Very low probability the Bears hang on to both 2nd picks where they currently are. Bears will be trying to trade down later in the 2nd to acquire a 3rd rd pick. Would not be surprised if they trade down twice to acquire a 3rd, 4th and maybe some additional picks.

I remember Pace trading down in the second twice before he picked Whitehair and I believe once before grabbing Shaheen. I don’t think any of those moves netted a third round pick. 4th rounders sure but maybe I’m wrong...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't like the idea of Pace targeting players with their highest picks. He's too inept. Just trade down a bunch until you have ten 5th round picks and let Nagy choose the best available players.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jonathan Taylor
Justin Jefferson
Denzel Mims
JK Dobbins
Jalen Hurts

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Josh Jones
Cesar Ruiz

Other than that I would be open for business.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I just don't get the idea of "Trading Down" when we have 2nd Round Picks that are so close together (#43 and #50). The team has an opportunity to potentially draft 2 Top 50 Players, at positions of need that mostly likely will also be BPA, have them as starters for the next 5 years (baring no contract extension). Why would you trade 1 or both of them to move into the 3rd, 4th and 5th, where the chances of a "bust" greatly increase. It makes no sense what-so-ever.

Keep the damn picks, pick up an OL and TE (or 2 OL) and pencil them in for several more seasons.

Now, if after say the first 35 Picks are done and there is a panic run for what we need (OL, TE, CB, LB) then I could see trading back because A) Those left at a position of need is a bad value and B) PBA available is luxury, then I get trading back but then I would be trading for picks for the following year (2021).

And speaking of running to the podium, I agree that if Love some how fell you run your ass off to get him. Another interesting name is Brown, the DL from Auburn. If he slips and you can get up, pairing him with Hicks, and Goldman, that covers a lot of issues with the backend....

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
I dont trust Pace with any pick before Round 4

Keep trading down until the 2020 draft picks are all in Round 4 & 5

IF....and that's a BIG IF
He keeps his job past 2020, I hope Teddy declares he shall never be able to pick in the 1st round again, NEVER,

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:
Pace has put the Bears in a HIGH SPENDING & FEW DRAFT PICKS hell hole