Roy Robertson-Harris gets $14,000,000 guaranteed (Jags)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Was a good player most of the time in Chicago. No way was he worth this kind of coin, I'm actually shocked he got it after the season he had (or really the season he didn't have). I guess teams with money to burn are sometimes just looking for ways to meet the cap floor. Obvious compensatory pick ramifications too.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was a good player most of the time in Chicago. No way was he worth this kind of coin, I'm actually shocked he got it after the season he had (or really the season he didn't have). I guess teams with money to burn are sometimes just looking for ways to meet the cap floor. Obvious compensatory pick ramifications too.

He's not worth that to the Bears in their current cap situation....

there is a difference

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
what comp pick does everyone suspect we will get for him next yr?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
That will probably be a 5th round comp for RRH if it doesn't get canceled by a signing. Potentially 4th if fewer big deals get done this this year but last year that's middle of 5th rounders.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
RRH is a Pace success story. Undrafted. Got a lot of use. Potential comp pick. He's exactly what good teams do. If Pace had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Mitch we'd be praising Pace as a top GM for RRH.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
hoping Trubisky gets a 1 yr $15mil offer from someone!
I don't think the Bears get a compensatory selection for Mitchell Trubisky signing elsewhere since they declined a fifty year options. I could be very wrong on this though.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
RRH is a Pace success story. Undrafted. Got a lot of use. Potential comp pick. He's exactly what good teams do. If Pace had drafted Mahomes or Watson instead of Mitch we'd be praising Pace as a top GM for RRH.

Agreed, though that is a pretty big if.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I always liked him as a role player but LULZ on that contract

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hubs favorite player. Maybe he can go there too.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like it’s basically a 2 year $14m deal with an option for 3rd at 9m

Speed

Liked Posts:
For his role and where he came from I liked him. The money seems like a Dion Sims-esque "I don't have shit else to blow the money on" type of deal, but I'm sure the Jags aren't capstruck, so they can afford to take weird swings. Hope it works out for him.

bullsrose

Liked Posts:
any thoughts on what brent urban gets on the open market?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Glad he got paid, but also glad it wasn't the Bears paying him that contract. Turning an UDFA into 3 years of quality depth and a 5th round pick is quite a good return on investment for RRH.