Rumor: Deng to Portland

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Per ESPN 1000.

Would be Jerryd Bayless and Joel Pryzbilla coming back.

Would give the Bulls enough room to sign two max free agents I believe, while giving us depth. Could give credibility to the idea of Wade + Lebron coming here, and then Gibson/Noah would be the front court, but we'd have the most stacked 1-2-3 punch on the perimeter in NBA history. If it's Wade+Bosh, I guess James Johnson would be the starting small forward next year.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm sure we've got a number of options we've talked to teams about with Deng, depending on how the off-season goes. I could see him staying if the haul ends up being Wade + PF though.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I thought the Deng deal was for Okur straight up but I like this deal better. Gives us a 6th man in Bayless & a solid center backup in Pryzbilla. Also doesn't Pryzbilla's contract come off the books after next season?

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
aren't they over cap, how can they absorb deng's contract with sending so little back?

Fred

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
I thought the Deng deal was for Okur straight up but I like this deal better. Gives us a 6th man in Bayless & a solid center backup in Pryzbilla. Also doesn't Pryzbilla's contract come off the books after next season?

Okur would be a fantastic fit for this team. You have to respect his shooting...he would free up space for Rose to drive, because the big man guarding him would have to come out on him.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
aren't they over cap, how can they absorb deng's contract with sending so little back?

Deng earns 11.3 next year. Pryz + Bayless is 9 combined. Add in the 125% plus 100k rule and the salary just matches.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Shakes wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

Deng earns 11.3 next year. Pryz + Bayless is 9 combined. Add in the 125% plus 100k rule and the salary just matches.

Not quite

The trade works financially, and is extremely beneficial to the Bulls in that regard. Przybilla is set to make $7,405,300 this season: however, he also has a 15% trade kicker, which would be invoked. With that in play, that will rise to $8,516,095. Meanwhile, Bayless is to earn $2,292,600, the duo combining for $10,808,695. This represents a $536,305 saving on Luol Deng's $11,345,000, a small but significant amount. If James Johnson and Taj Gibson are then shipped elsewhere, the Bulls have gotten their hallowed two max slots.

I think this happens if we get Wade and Bron. Bayless is a nice back up 1-2, JJ can handle the 3 and a little 4 and Pryzbilla is a good back up big. I think the bulls convince the fa;s to split tajs salary so they can keep him.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:

Okur would be a fantastic fit for this team. You have to respect his shooting...he would free up space for Rose to drive, because the big man guarding him would have to come out on him.

I like Okur's game but he has injury issues, isn't he supposed to miss the first couple of months of the year?

hardguy

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:

I like Okur's game but he has injury issues, isn't he supposed to miss the first couple of months of the year?

Okur tore his achilles' tendon in the playoff opener against nuggets so I'd be surprise he comes back this calendar year at all.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Depends on how severe it is, a bad achilles tendon injury can put a guy out for a year. Certainly you'd want to a pretty extensive medical on Okur if you were going to trade for him.