CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not a credible site but I do believe George McCaskey is pissed right now.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
TBF, they do preface the tweet with "RUMOR".

(Nevermind it's them starting the rumor)

All the same...the Bears have never fired anyone midseason, so even if Virginia is pissed again...we won't know until January.
Mid-season, post-season, either way it would be all good to me. Firing them mid-season doesn't change anything.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We can put a lot of blame on the McCaskey family but not for the actual hiring of a GM. Apparently, growing up with the George Halas family wasn't enough for them to learn about running an NFL franchise. None them hire anyone that's does anything that is football related. Sure, they make the big announcement all the time but the fact of the matter is they have to hire someone to hire someone. When the Bears hired Pace, they paid former Giants GM Ernie Accorsi to actually make that choice. It's probably not all that unusual in today's game but not a lot of owners are relatives of the father of the NFL either.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Firing them mid-season doesn't change anything.

Midseason fires only make sense if you have someone on staff you want to audition for the job as an interm HC. This whole staff can go with Nagy for all I care.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy and Pace get fired, even if we finish 8-8 or 9-7 if George feels he can reel in one of these 2 big fish:Jim Harbaugh or Notre Dame's Brian Kelly..offering either one complete control of football power-HC/GM duties. It's a "meatball" decision that the Bears may feel makes sense from a marketing perspective-former player returns to rescue the franchise or local sucessful college HC-already used to the local media-flies in to the rescue. From ownership perspective, either could put butts in the seats...when they can return. Not saying this is what we SHOULD do, but I can see either scenario happening.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
regardless of the rumor and credibility of sportsmockery, the bottom line is, how can george not be pissed....its one thing when you compete and get beat by a better team.
Its a whole different level of embarrassment when your offense is just piss poor and the defense has to try and bail you out every game...I agree that mcacaskey's wont do anything till Jan but i do agree with sportsmockery that if the bears have this kind of showing against the vikings and packers since both are nationally televised, that will be the dagger...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about Pagano as interim HC for the rest of the season?

Nah.

Pagano already had his audition as HC as an actual HC. I don't think you need to see anymore and does nothing to help the side of the ball that is struggling.

Let Nagy sink with his O.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe this. People think the McCaskeys don't care, whereas I believe the opposite is true. I think George is the kind of guy who gets out of the way of his staff, until he feels said staff has lost the playbook.

I believe Matt Nagy is feeling the heat and will turn over play-calling duties in order to keep his job, starting with the next game.

Feel the same, not saying that may result in anything positive but you lose 3 games in a row, something needs to change. You've already benched a QB.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Nah.

Pagano already had his audition as HC as an actual HC. I don't think you need to see anymore and does nothing to help the side of the ball that is struggling.

At least it would make Lazor in charge of playcalling and at this point anything is better then Nagy. Him his 9 formations and his love for Patterson in the backfield.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least it would make Lazor in charge of playcalling and at this point anything is better then Nagy. Him his 9 formations and his love for Patterson in the backfield.

Not sure about Lazor, but I would like to see Defilippo call plays. He might even be my interm HC if I felt I had to fire Nagy today.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So do something you spineless twat.

Jeez normally I try to be a bit more upbeat on here but "frustrated" is a lot of energy to be spent doing nothing. Do something.
They didn't fire Trestman midseason, they wont fire Nagy midseason. You really cant complain that the Bears aren't quick enough to fire guys, they didnt keep Fox or Trestman past the point of expiration. They were probably too eager to move on from Lovie.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Nah.

The guy got cancer and had to deal with Ryan Grigson, one of the worst GM's of the last ten years. Pagano with Chris Ballard probably ends a lot differently.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Exactly my thoughts. If this is true...Grow a pair of balls and so something about it. Actions speak louder then words.
Right? Admit to a mistake, make a change, and move forward. The dude has no f'n chest hair.

I honestly don't judge the organization harshly on the Pace hire. He was a young guy on the rise from a successful program and came highly recommended. That's exactly what they were looking for. But if you're fed up with him, cut your losses and try again.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
They didn't fire Trestman midseason, they wont fire Nagy midseason. You really cant complain that the Bears aren't quick enough to fire guys, they didnt keep Fox or Trestman past the point of expiration. They were probably too eager to move on from Lovie.
I don't like firing coaches midseason unless they violate some standard of behavior. Just saying that George being frustrated reminds me of a fussy toddler.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't like firing coaches midseason unless they violate some standard of behavior. Just saying that George being frustrated reminds me of a fussy toddler.
Well this is how it started with Trestman. They suffered those back-to-back blowout losses and it started seeping out that ownership was not happy. Nagy and Pace still have a chance to turn this around, their record is good enough to still make the playoffs. Allow them to fail in that endeavor then move on.

One thing to note is that the professionalism of Nagy and Pace isn't in doubt. They aren't staining the franchise by sticking around the way Gase does or Bill O'Brien did.