I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He'd be leaving like $55M on table of he didn't take the Bulls max.
And if he was going to the right situation, I think he would consider it. Zach strikes me as a guy that wants a max offer just as much for the respect that comes with it, as much as the money. Pretty sure he has even said before how at a certain point it’s just a number, and not really needed or something along those lines. Basically, he was saying he’s good financially, it’s more about respect

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
And if he was going to the right situation, I think he would consider it. Zach strikes me as a guy that wants a max offer just as much for the respect that comes with it, as much as the money. Pretty sure he has even said before how at a certain point it’s just a number, and not really needed or something along those lines. Basically, he was saying he’s good financially, it’s more about respect
Do you blame him? Max contracts are handed out like candy I can’t see him taking less than max

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you blame him? Max contracts are handed out like candy I can’t see him taking less than max
Yeah, the market dictates he should receive a max. I don't think anyone, including AKME, believes he's actually a max level superstar player on the caliber of Kevin Durant or someone like that. But if Andrew Wiggins can get a max contract, you best believe Lavine will get one somewhere

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the market dictates he should receive a max. I don't think anyone, including AKME, believes he's actually a max level superstar player on the caliber of Kevin Durant or someone like that. But if Andrew Wiggins can get a max contract, you best believe Lavine will get one somewhere
I really dislike the nba salary cap structure and max contract structure

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toronto wouldn't be that bad. Now Cleveland or Detroit would suck.

I wouldn't care for Utah either. Mormon country in the middle of nowhere.

yeah, I was gonna say... Toronto is actually a nice city hahaha. Plus, I'd be happy to be there for a while and eventually get dual citizenship haha.

Much worse options out there haha. I'd probably put OKC there.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah, I was gonna say... Toronto is actually a nice city hahaha. Plus, I'd be happy to be there for a while and eventually get dual citizenship haha.

Much worse options out there haha. I'd probably put OKC there.
Oh man i totally forgot about about OKC. That would be the absolute worst.

I would have hated to be Durant back in the day. Drafted to Seattle but having to move to OKC after a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really dislike the nba salary cap structure and max contract structure

Same. If they switched to a hard cap like the NFL or NHL (they won't), then I think they'd achieve true parity.

You see it in the NFL all the time. Guys will frequently choose the team that can pay them the most, regardless of the city. But in the NBA, since teams can go over the cap, many small market teams can't really compete. Their only shot is hitting on multiple draft picks in a short window. And if it doesn't work? Those guys will bolt or demand a trade within a few years.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Same. If they switched to a hard cap like the NFL or NHL (they won't), then I think they'd achieve true parity.

You see it in the NFL all the time. Guys will frequently choose the team that can pay them the most, regardless of the city. But in the NBA, since teams can go over the cap, many small market teams can't really compete. Their only shot is hitting on multiple draft picks in a short window. And if it doesn't work? Those guys will bolt or demand a trade within a few years.
I’d like to see them ditch the max contract all together as well. Set a hard cap and pay guys whatever you can afford. You have too many guys being paid equally to the top 5-10 players in the league when they’re not on the same level…but because of max contracts, they’re being paid equally. It’s dumb and part of the reason there’s so many bad contracts out there that teams later regret.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Bulls are a large market team and they suck

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls are a large market team and they suck

The Bulls FO has screwed the franchise. Big market team that has operated like a small market team for a long time (during the GarPax era).

Also, for whatever reason, NBA players just never view Chicago as a desirable place to play. Seems like they prefer LA, Miami, NY/Brooklyn.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls FO has screwed the franchise. Big market team that has operated like a small market team for a long time (during the GarPax era).

Also, for whatever reason, NBA players just never view Chicago as a desirable place to play. Seems like they prefer LA, Miami, NY/Brooklyn.
Here's hoping AKME changes that FO culture at least.

As for places to live, I totally get why players pick the warmer areas to live, but NY always boggled my mind if that was the reason. LA, Miami, any of the Texas teams, sure I get it. NY I don't get other than a lot of players come from the East Coast and maybe always wanted to live there, or just the idea of NY as the basketball Mecca. The Knicks franchise is probably worse off than the Bulls honestly, but Brooklyn will absorb the players who want to live in NY. Maybe there's just the Jay-Z factor there.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The winters are brutal in Chicago too, nor have we had the best timing or luck. We were in one of the best positions possible in 2010 with a talented young team, a budding superstar, and a ton of cap in the greatest FA class ever. We ended up with Carlos Boozer. Fucking Miami.

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The winters are brutal in Chicago too, nor have we had the best timing or luck. We were in one of the best positions possible in 2010 with a talented young team, a budding superstar, and a ton of cap in the greatest FA class ever. We ended up with Carlos Boozer. Fucking Miami.
Bulls got fubarred by the Hawks offering Joe Johnson that insanely overpriced deal. If bulls came away with Boozer and Johnson, who knows?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Also magic matched our front loaded offer to JJ Reddick. His spacing with Rose would have been well….much better than Bogans lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls definitely got the shaft in 2010 FA. They still did alright and honestly I don't think Boozer was that bad the first couple years, but they came out with like their 5th options because they got blocked on literally all their top options. Generally speaking, FA has not been kind to the Bulls. 2010 outcome was a bit out of their control though so I'm not sure how much blame necessarily goes on the city not being appealing over others.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just don't see any scenario in which Lavine signs outright with anyone other than the Bulls. I mean, if that means facilitating a sign and trade, so be it. Most of us identify that regardless of talent and overall impact, Lavine is a max player in today's climate. Lavine wasn't the issue -- injuries/COVID and poor front court depth is what really snake bit the team. Even at full strength, I didn't see them beating Milwaukee, but you have to figure with 10 guys (I believe?) under contract next year, it seems most of their moves to flesh out the roster will be secondary in nature.