RUMOR: Pace Extended? Phillips Gone?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace got a 3 year extension in 2018 keeping him signed through 2021, but Bill's news seems like it's for 1 more year through 2022 to line him up with Nagy. This would mean if Bears cut both this year, they are paying two GMs and two HCs for two years. I think most people here thought it was just 1 year.

Take it for what it’s worth:

Last edited by a moderator:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unless the Bears pull off a miracle Nagy is gone. I think that's obvious.

What I dont want to see is Pace be given a second chance at hiring a coach (Fox was not Pace's hire) and then fired a year later. The two should have the same level of commitment afforded them. If it doesn't work they both hit the bricks. Last thing the Bears should do is saddle a new general manager with the previous guy's head coach.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace hires a terrible HC, can’t put together a winning team and you want to promote him to President? Ok, where are the cameras....you got me!

The owners like him, he's very smart as far as the business side of things go, and isn't football stupid.

If the reports of teddy stepping down are true, Pace isn't a bad fit.

If he was president he wouldn't be hiring the head coach or drafting players, bud, Just finding a GM.

I trust him much more to find a respectable GM than sweaty teddy and george.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Pace got a 3 year extension in 2018 keeping him signed through 2021, but Bill's news seems like it's for 1 more year through 2022 to line him up with Nagy. This would mean if Bears cut both this year, they are paying two GMs and two HCs for two years. I think most people here thought it was just 1 year.

Take it for what it’s worth:

if the bears win out and make the playoffs they all deserve to be back

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Fuck that.

Fire Nagy, promote pace to president. Get a new gm. Let the GM hire a new coach.

thats the garbage reinsdorf has been doing for years

but I will play

Pros

- guess he is a football guy
-definitely isn’t cheap with other peoples money
-isn’t conservative
-guess won’t need uncle Ernie to hire anyone

cons
-do we trust him hiring next gm? Likely more crony hiring
-will he meddle with what new gm want to do?
-what veto powers would he have over next gm?

im probably missing some other points if anyone wants to add to these pro and cons

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The owners like him, he's very smart as far as the business side of things go, and isn't football stupid.

If the reports of teddy stepping down are true, Pace isn't a bad fit.

If he was president he wouldn't be hiring the head coach or drafting players, bud, Just finding a GM.

I trust him much more to find a respectable GM than sweaty teddy and george.

He’s smart yet goes on to sign QBs like Glennon & Foles to big contracts. Has failed to put together a serviceable OL for 6 seasons. Beside the QB position, hands out huge contracts to declining players.

Do you know what organization you are talking about? Of course the Bears president will be part of the HC search. Shit, the McCaskeys are part of the HC search.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If this is true then they’ll both be back
I wouldn't be surprised if both get 1 more year with a warning.

The contracts point to that, and the covid situation. I imagine they had been thinking Pace gets at least 2 more years, but the hot seat pushed the timetable...and imagine if they asked him who he would want as head coach if he had just one more year prove it season?

If Pace only had 1 year, he may want to stick with Nagy and hope they can fix it, rather than start a rebuild.