1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Is it official that Boylen is gone?

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
Ime Udoka was the unsung hero whenever I played 2k...always got him in my franchise....

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont know what the holdup with Boylen is. Why wait til other teams fire their coaches and you dont have your pick of the litter anymore? Maybe he just wants both of these guys and wants to see them work together.

I know we are stuck in only black lives matter mode, but this guy seems fixated on calling out wanting the black GM and now wants a black coach. Is he eliminating alot more candidates just because they are white?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Here's my concern: If you were Udoka, wouldn't you want to wait out Brett Brown?

Depends. I think Philly is going to move some pieces and kind of "restart on the fly".

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Depends. I think Philly is going to move some pieces and kind of "restart on the fly".
But still, Philly has a lot more talent now than the Bulls. I must confess I've been on the Adrian Griffin train for while, but that could be that I don't really know a lot about Udoka. The fanboy in me says that him working with Pop for a number of years makes him much more attractive, but so did Boylen. So, the main question about Udoka for me is he more Boylen, or more Budenholzer?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. Idk why Udoka would take the Bulls job when he could take the Philly job. They have more talent than the Bulls and that coach is getting fired sooner than later.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
But still, Philly has a lot more talent now than the Bulls. I must confess I've been on the Adrian Griffin train for while, but that could be that I don't really know a lot about Udoka. The fanboy in me says that him working with Pop for a number of years makes him much more attractive, but so did Boylen. So, the main question about Udoka for me is he more Boylen, or more Budenholzer?

Fair. Maybe he wants a fresh start and build his own team? Idk. Gotta imagine they are going to pick between Embiid and Simmons. Then would have to see what else happens.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If either of them really wanted the job they would be pushing for the bulls to shit or get off the pot already. This is making me think that we are taking the guy left not the guy we really want. Yeah, that stupid extension will be paying Boylen for what, two more years after he is fired, and first time coaches should be forced to prove their worth before getting a 5 million dollar per year salary. But we pick a guy and it shows we are determined to get who we wanted. Otherwise, co head coaches sounds like what he wants.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
am I going about this wrong again? Are both of these guys on teams who currently have a shot at this *title? Seems we could still fire Boylen.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
am I going about this wrong again? Are both of these guys on teams who currently have a shot at this *title? Seems we could still fire Boylen.
There was an article posted on this board a couple weeks ago. Basically AK and Eversley are trying to change the perception of the Bulls organization by doing things correctly and not cutting corners. So they're not going to fire Boylen until giving him a fair shot by meeting with him in person.