Run, Justin, run! Bears OL ranked 27th by PFF

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
this is a fan website with opinions...literally the worst thing for it would be the fans to keep quiet and just watch the games....

Also, this is PFFs business model......to talk as much shit possible before the games are played.

You misunderstand. I am not saying fans should not share opinions. I am saying fans should not pretend their opinions are fact nor should they act like all their opinions have equal support. This topic is about the OL. Halftime keeps harping on Jenkins in particular who is a rookie and Halftime has no actual NFL evidence to support his negative opinion of. He just keeps going on and on about the same shit when at this point the only way things will be settled is on the field. I mean the dude hasn't even heard negative reports out of training camp or preseason so his opinion on him is just derivative bullshit.

That is not the same as an opinion (Trubisky sucks) based on actual NFL data of a player sucking. So Halftime's problem in particular is that he pretends that the opinions he has been right about ie Trubisky sucks that was backed up with plenty of real data somehow makes his opinion on Jenkins more valid. It does not. His opinion on Trubisky was solid. His incessant whining about the OL and Jenkins in particular is just chicken little pessimism which is fine if he weren't acting so certain about it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
shotgun pass 50 times a game?

Players asked to do what they're not good at and at the wrong positions?

With our head coach/play caller?

Never happen!!!!
More Wr Bubble Screen's!!!

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Morgan Moses has given up 5 sacks a season the last two years. That's pretty bad and I wouldn't be interested in him at a significant salary.

It's very well may take another draft and FA period to get the OL in decent shape, but that was the cost to get Fields.

The Bears are going to have to scheme around their OL deficiencies. 3 step drops and not playing consistently behind the chains until Fields is ready.
Exactly this. People, a few posters in particular need to stop looking at the up coming season in a vacuum. This is really simple shit. Like kindergarten level. Team building 101.

You've selected a QB you're really high on.

You've cut some needed dead weight along the Oline and made some investments.

Now you use the upcoming season to evaluate and assess because you're playing the long game if the QB you selected is the real deal.

Move into next offseason and figure out where and how much to invest along the Oline and make a concerted effort to solidify it.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The threat of a mobile QB and a dedication to the run game will do wonders for this Oline....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So who's playing LT if he doesn't?

Simmons?

If RT is equal difficulty then it shouldn't be a problem to play LT. Problem solved I guess.
it has nothing to do with difficulty, but technique. some are better suited for their steps on the left or right side.

and probably simmons or a vet who they have yet to bring in, assuming Jenkins goes back to right in this hypothetical.

either way you put it there will be a hole at the side Jenkins doesn’t play at.

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morgan Moses has given up 5 sacks a season the last two years. That's pretty bad and I wouldn't be interested in him at a significant salary.

It's very well may take another draft and FA period to get the OL in decent shape, but that was the cost to get Fields.

The Bears are going to have to scheme around their OL deficiencies. 3 step drops and not playing consistently behind the chains until Fields is ready.
For reference and to add a datapoint, Charles Leno gave up 5 in 2020 and had 6 penalties.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How can they rate them when at least one starter has never played in the NFL and they don't know who will start at several spots?

They have special skills!

maxresdefault.jpg

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney was more than meh last year. Problem was, no QB could deliver the long ball
I often wonder how Marvin Hall would have done if Trubisky could have connected on the long-ball as well.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Also, so much depends on what type of offense they are asked to run. If this OL is asked to shotgun pass 50 times a game they are going to be a bottom 5 unit.

If they get more scheme help than that and young guys play well they could be much higher than 27.
Yeah Nagy just got his hand picked generational talent at QB, I’m sure he’ll ease up on the passes and start scheming away from being a moron

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way too much emphasis on LT. The problem has been a lack of decent depth and position continuity. Rotating centers has been a disaster. Ifedi sucked at G but is an average RT. Seems counterintuitive for a stout O Lineman but it's the case. The most reliable position has been LT since it at least was a constant yet a huge weakness. Castillo thought he could make Ifedi a great G, Pace accommodated him and it was a fail. He likes beef block and Ifedi should have fit but couldn't make an effective change.

The reason for some optimism is more continuity which was completely missing last year and the availability of backups that can fill spots without additional positional rotations by the starters to do it. Why I liked seeing Eiselen taking center snaps. I suspect that's the reason beyond competition. Ifedi, Daniels and Whitehair are now in their best spots. 2 of them weren't in those to start last year and the 3rd gone by the time they were. Why meh play from Mustipher looked better than that. The line started coming together outside of Leno. We'll still have Bars to back up G and hopefully we have others developing with greater ability. He was overrated by fans but capable to fill in there. That again was because the line looked more in sync once Mustipher joined it.

Regardless of what PFF says, Leno sucked as usual and even though it's conceivable that Jenkins could actually be a worse pass blocking LT, it's highly unlikely. He'll get caught out but I expect him to allow a belter pocket though who knows?

I'm not expecting OL greatness but am expecting more competence and cohesiveness, even with some absentees this year which will happen. It's a conceptually better setup than last year when we had a new OL coach and players grandfathered into their positions due to no preseason.

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Well how can CCS posters do the same?

Already sure two rookies are going to work?

I don't think anyone is saying 2 rookies are going to work. Obviously Larry is a future Hof RT, but other than that it's all question marks.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Just wait until PFF finds out who Dieter Mother F**** Eisley is. They will learn...