CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well, yes, but I believe he believes it is more of a full-time voluntary job

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
does he freelance as a "Football Data Scientist"
Did someone really project cousins as mvp? He'd be 4th in mvp voting on his own offense. Cousins will never be good without great talent around him. He most certainly won't be the best player on a good team

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
don't be a soppy pussy

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did someone really project cousins as mvp? He'd be 4th in mvp voting on his own offense. Cousins will never be good without great talent around him. He most certainly won't be the best player on a good team
there is a Vikings homer that posts for PFF and is one of their "data scientists"..

I'm sure the science led him to predict Cousins as the MVP

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To me these are facts

-The Line is more talented than it was through most of 2020
-The line is deeper than it was in 2020, do not argue this as Spriggs and Coward played games.
-The coaching is better than it was under Heistand
-We know what stuff works with this level of line.

If they cannot get a competent performance out of them that is on the play caller.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One of their selling points is the predictive capabilities...

from their website

"PFF grading is both descriptive and predictive, and in many cases, we’ve debunked myths about traditional stats, showing that the production grade is a better indicator of what happened on the field and what will happen going forward."

in Fact here is the PFF experts prediction on the division winners and wild card teams from last year.....

Final PFF analyst predictions for the 2020 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

The average fan could have done just as good a job......also if they are so scientific, why are so many of their experts disagreeing with each other

also lol at someone predicting Cousins as the league MVP

Think you are conflating things. They are saying their grade is more predictive of future performance than just the raw stats. That is not saying their prediction of league MVP or division winners is accurate.

And again no one is paying them for those kinds of predictions. That is shit to generate discussion.

You can calculate the correlation between a given state or grade and future performance but unless that correlation is strong it doesnt tell us much.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think you are conflating things. They are saying their grade is more predictive of future performance than just the raw stats. That is not saying their prediction of league MVP or division winners is accurate.

And again no one is paying them for those kinds of predictions. That is shit to generate discussion.

You can calculate the correlation between a given state or grade and future performance but unless that correlation is strong it doesnt tell us much.
How do you know what all their clients are doing...they literally advertise predictive powers....of which is about as accurate as any other site....which is what I originally said....thanks

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How do you know what all their clients are doing...they literally advertise predictive powers....of which is about as accurate as any other site....which is what I originally said....thanks

Because I have access to the data they sell.

Saying something has predictive power is not the same as selling a prediction. They are selling the data not the prediction.

Teams arent buying predictions on how their players will perform. Teams are buying the underlying data and grades and using that as part of their evualtion process and their own predictive process.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
PFF rating the Bears OL as among the league's worst is very bullish. Enthusiasm should be even higher now for the changes.