1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
So who's our backup running back? Patterson? Thoughts and opinions please

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably Nall or maybe Pierce. They cut Napoleon Maxwell the other day and only have 4 RBs listed on the roster atm. Patterson can do part time duty there but they do seem to be running thin at the position.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Who needs a backup RB when the BHVWGHC calls 6 runs per game

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I really like Artavius Pierce. I think he has some real potential and will easily beat out Nall.

But, I will say, I am surprised by the neglection to address the position in FA/Draft. I really wanted to add someone who is electric to the backfield to compliment Montgomery. Cohen sprinted to the sidelines far too often this past year and I'm afraid he might be used up already.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It's tarik cohen.

You guys do realize our #3 RB gets like 6 carries a year, right?

Nagy doesn't utlize the RB, much less 3 of them.

Also...Monty is a workhorse. Patterson will see a few carries but I don't expect much to change as far as workload goes from last year....hopefully production just increases.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think we will see Nall more as a lead FB. I’m not sure.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I really like Artavius Pierce. I think he has some real potential and will easily beat out Nall.

But, I will say, I am surprised by the neglection to address the position in FA/Draft. I really wanted to add someone who is electric to the backfield to compliment Montgomery. Cohen sprinted to the sidelines far too often this past year and I'm afraid he might be used up already.

Poor R.Nall, A.Pierce beat him out for the starting job at Oregon St and now he might beat him out again with the Bears.....Oh Well.

Still hoping for D.Freeman and L.Miller signing or someone that gets cut, which i'm sure there will be some good names that get cut that can back up Monty.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still hoping for D.Freeman and L.Miller signing or someone that gets cut,

Nah.

Between the investment in Montgomery, a contract year for Cohen, the impending Cap Shrink of 2021 and a coach that wants the ball in the air....I don't see any "name" signings happening at RB.

I would save that $$$ for OL myself.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Nah.

Between the investment in Montgomery, a contract year for Cohen, the impending Cap Shrink of 2021 and a coach that wants the ball in the air....I don't see any "name" signings happening at RB.

I would save that $$$ for OL myself.
Bears don’t have a great track record for taking other teams RB castoffs either. Chester Taylor and Marion Barber come to mind

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears don’t have a great track record for taking other teams RB castoffs either. Chester Taylor and Marion Barber come to mind

I never understood Angelo's fascination of throwing cash away to take touches away from Matt Forte only to refuse spend any cash to extend Matt Forte.

Did he not watch Matt Forte play football???

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I never understood Angelo's fascination of throwing cash away to take touches away from Matt Forte only to refuse spend any cash to extend Matt Forte.

Did he not watch Matt Forte play football???

I do not regret my jersey purchase with that guy (bought his rookie year!). He would destroy teams in Nagy's "theoretically potent" offense.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Poor R.Nall, A.Pierce beat him out for the starting job at Oregon St and now he might beat him out again with the Bears.....Oh Well.

Still hoping for D.Freeman and L.Miller signing or someone that gets cut, which i'm sure there will be some good names that get cut that can back up Monty.

Didn't even realize they played together. Interesting note, in the two seasons they played together Ryan Nall outperformed on a YPC basis. Still though, Pierce had reall good YPC average after Nall left.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

Thomas Jones was good, until Stupid face Cedric Benson showed up and managed to cry him out of town to the Jets, where he was still good.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones was good, until Stupid face Cedric Benson showed up and managed to cry him out of town to the Jets, where he was still good.
I wonder if Thomas Jones was better at riding motorcycles too. Too soon?