Russ Wilson Answering the Naysayers

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-sea...that-matter-with-seahawks-qb-russell-wilson-2

68.5 -- Wilson's overall completion percentage, which is tops in the NFL. He's averaging 8.51 YPA (third) and has a passer rating of 106.2 (third).

"Remember, he's a fourth-year guy," Carroll said. "We compare him to guys that have been playing 10 and 12 and 15 years in this league all the time. He's a fourth-year player, and he's doing remarkably well. He's on his way to having a great career."

The Seahawks have a lot of things going for them. The upcoming schedule is favorable. The defense is healthy. And the offensive line is playing much better. But it's Wilson's play that has them in position to go on a run and make some noise down the stretch.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So much for the "he relies on Lynch, the D and is a game manager" people round here.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I hope this doesn't turn out like your Kaep thread. Way to ruin a fucking guy's career!

I'm not burying Kaep yet. I think he is suffering from bad management.

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Seattle is still losing in the playoffs anyway. No Lynch and no tight end,no matter how much they say they dont need him,will matter

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's put together a great stretch of games here

As far as proving naysayers wrong, I don't know about that. Nobody thinks he sucks. He has to win playoff games by himself since he wanted to get paid like QB who can. . We'll see about that.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As far as proving naysayers wrong, I don't know about that. Nobody thinks he sucks. He has to win playoff games by himself since he wanted to get paid like QB who can. . We'll see about that.

The naysayers were out on this board saying that he was just a product of the team around him. That was always silly but it looks even sillier now that he is playing well as a more traditional passer as well.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14363989/russell-wilson-playing-best-qb-second-half-ot-season-nfl

Seattle's star quarterback just put up what could very well be considered the best four-game stretch in modern NFL history.
Wilson was phenomenal during Sunday's blowout win over the Ravens, who only managed to hold him to five touchdown passes because tight end Luke Willson dropped what would have been Wilson's sixth while standing all alone in the end zone. His 97.2 QBR was one-tenth of one point behind Newton (97.3) for the best figure of the day and included 11 more pass attempts. It's also the fourth week in a row Wilson posted a QBR of 90 or more, the first time anybody's done that all season.

And even that undersells what Wilson is accomplishing. Since losing to the Cardinals in Week 10, Wilson's numbers are surreal. It would be unfair to call them video game numbers; they're video game numbers you might post against a particularly talented household pet. Over that four-game stretch, he's gone 89-for-118 for 1,171 passing yards. That's a staggering 75.1 percent completion percentage and an average of 9.9 yards per pass attempt. Even more impressively, he's thrown 16 touchdowns without a single interception.

It all adds up to a passer rating of 145.9. Pro-football-reference.com has game logs for quarterbacks going back through the 1960 season, ten years before the AFL and NFL merger.

Do you know how many quarterbacks have thrown 100 or more attempts over a four-game stretch and posted a better passer rating over that span than Wilson? Zero. It's never happened before:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He's still nothing without Lynch

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or maybe just run the damn ball on the goal line in the SB.

shinbet2002

Liked Posts:

He has to win playoff games by himself? Wtf? What QB has ever won playoff games by "themselves"?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

delbjork1937

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Russell Wilson hears voices in his head and he'll be watching J Winston in the playoffs this year