Russell Wilson is not better than Mitch Trubisky

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
RIGHT NOW, at this point in the season, Russell Wilson is better than Mahomes. Right now he's playing at peak Mahomes level, Mahomes is playing very well as usual, but he's not playing his best football. Tonight should be fun.

The OP of this thread did have a decent point about Seattle always leaning on their run game. For years they led the NFL in rushing attempts. Now they finally decide to flip the script and put the ball into Wilson's arm and he is killing it.

At this point, if I am Pete Carroll, I am standing back and let the hottest quarterback in the game take me back to the Super Bowl.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The OP of this thread did have a decent point about Seattle always leaning on their run game. For years they led the NFL in rushing attempts. Now they finally decide to flip the script and put the ball into Wilson's arm and he is killing it.

At this point, if I am Pete Carroll, I am standing back and let the hottest quarterback in the game take me back to the Super Bowl.

and my fantasy team. :smug2:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

I mean their defense sucks but Wilson has probably the best deep ball in the league and he has great chemistry with both Metcalf and Lockett. They get open downfield and he finds them every time. So it doesn't matter if the defense sucks, if Wilson is throwing 4TDs a game on average (which he's closer to 5 right now lol) then you're not going to lose much.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him break Peyton's single season TD record

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I never believed in Wilson. The stats he’s putting up this year are phenomenal and he’s developed into a perennial pro bowl QB. To say he was the guy who carried early on is still debatable as he hasn’t won without an elite defense and running game.

I’ll eat my humongous plate of crow and admit I was wrong. However the stats show he couldn’t do this early on whether that was his WRs Oline or just his inability to do it. He’s definitely the best QB this year so far.

forgive he for saying positive shit about our draft pick. Wishful thinking on a Bears forum. Who’d think to find that here.

Glad Trubisky is ran out of Chicago! Go Seahawks!

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
forgive he for saying positive shit about our draft pick. Wishful thinking on a Bears forum. Who’d think to find that here.

You would love my mom's Sunday card game with her retired friends. The room is awash in oceans of passive aggressiveness. Do you have chubby cheeks? You would be their mascot for LIFE (well ... as long as it lasts for them).

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I never believed in Wilson. The stats he’s putting up this year are phenomenal and he’s developed into a perennial pro bowl QB. To say he was the guy who carried early on is still debatable as he hasn’t won without an elite defense and running game.

I’ll eat my humongous plate of crow and admit I was wrong. However the stats show he couldn’t do this early on whether that was his WRs Oline or just his inability to do it. He’s definitely the best QB this year so far.

#Shambles

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LoL

In the last 32 games Wilson played prior to tonight, he has thrown 69 touchdowns to 18 picks.
I’m giving my vote for MVP to Russell Wilson this year. despite accumulating an incredible list of records and milestones, being named to a seventh Pro Bowl, picking up the first All-Pro honor of his career, and being named MVP by Pro Football Focus, the Seattle Seahawks quarterback has never received an MVP vote since entering the NFL.
Unless Nick Foles takes us to the Super Bowl

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Ty for acknowledging reality as I do.

At the time this was posted Wilson was not who he is today. I saw no sign of Seattle or Wilson being this type of team with him. (Congratulations to those who did! You called it!) I really do believe the defense carried him and the running game early on as the stats indicated. This guy “developed” into who he is but it took quite a while and wasn’t from day one. If Trubisky had passed for 130 yards in two consecutive games the year we won a Super Bowl he’d still be on half of this city’s shit list.

Not resigning Lynch Sherman Chancellor Earl Thomas hasn’t proven to be the right decision just yet considering they haven’t won a Super Bowl without them. Not that they could today. Seattle made the right decision ride with Russ. Is he a QB that can win games on his arm. I’m excited to see that not because I want to say I told you so but because I’ve already conceded that he’s a MVP level QB. Is he a postseason QB. I’m not a skeptic or pessimist I’m simply interested to formulate a new opinion on him.

I’ve been wrong about a lot of players. Been right about a lot too. At least Ihave the balls to have an opinion and put it out there like so many others. My opinions might be dissected later but at least you have something to discuss.

Jumping On a band wagon late and stating the obvious will make you look a lot smarter than you probably are. Seems to be alot of that going on around here. Also it’s easier to predict a loss than an breakout performance kinda like the stock market. 1 company or team wins and the rest are trying to prove they figured out a better way.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the time this was posted Wilson was not who he is today. I saw no sign of Seattle or Wilson being this type of team with him. (Congratulations to those who did! You called it!) I really do believe the defense carried him and the running game early on as the stats indicated. This guy “developed” into who he is but it took quite a while and wasn’t from day one.

I am happy you can around, but Wilson has been everything we wish Trubisky could have been for his entire career. Smart, efficient, does not turn the ball over and can extend plays with his legs.

So I strongly disagree that he was not this QB at the end of the 2018 season. He has been this good for years. He was not propped up by his defense or running backs...he was the engine that made it all run. Now he's got real talent at receiver and OC that looks as talented as his father, so the stats are finally there.

The talent has been there all along.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I am happy you can around, but Wilson has been everything we wish Trubisky could have been for his entire career. Smart, efficient, does not turn the ball over and can extend plays with his legs.

So I strongly disagree that he was not this QB at the end of the 2018 season. He has been this good for years. He was not propped up by his defense or running backs...he was the engine that made it all run. Now he's got real talent at receiver and OC that looks as talented as his father, so the stats are finally there.

Stats in his first 3 years say otherwise bud.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

This. It was also pretty clear that is why the Ops original take is so foul. Wilson consistently made plays throughout his first 4 years regardless of offensive philosophy. His first few years were very similar to what Mitch experienced as a rookie with a total lack of weapons.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Anyone who actually watched him would say otherwise. Stats have never and will never tell the whole story.

yep, look no further then Cutler. He was a pro at padding 4th quarter stats when defenses went into prevent and gave him underneath routes with games well out of reach.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Three things Wilson showed very early in his career: uncanny deep ball accuracy. Escapability and extending plays and the Mr. Clutch gene.

He's a winner that finds a way. He's out-dueled some of the best to ever do it. 4th quarter comeback after 4th quarter comeback.

Monster

Liked Posts:
In all honesty in Jan 2019 I had high hopes for Mitch...

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyone who actually watched him would say otherwise. Stats have never and will never tell the whole story.

I always love the argument where "qb x" sucks... because "the stats aren't elite."
Forget a top 5 run game, forget double digit win totals, forget deep playoff runs.....
Gotta rack stats like stafford and cutty before you are considered good.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stats in his first 3 years say otherwise bud.

Fine, but so do the stats at the creation of this thread.

In the last 32 games Wilson played prior to tonight, he has thrown 69 touchdowns to 18 picks.

30+ TDs with a 3:1 TD to INT ratio every year, but once the last five seasons in a "run first" offense. Only missed the playoffs once his entire career.

That arrow was always pointing up IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ty for acknowledging reality as I do.

At the time this was posted Wilson was not who he is today. I saw no sign of Seattle or Wilson being this type of team with him. (Congratulations to those who did! You called it!) I really do believe the defense carried him and the running game early on as the stats indicated. This guy “developed” into who he is but it took quite a while and wasn’t from day one. If Trubisky had passed for 130 yards in two consecutive games the year we won a Super Bowl he’d still be on half of this city’s shit list.

Not resigning Lynch Sherman Chancellor Earl Thomas hasn’t proven to be the right decision just yet considering they haven’t won a Super Bowl without them. Not that they could today. Seattle made the right decision ride with Russ. Is he a QB that can win games on his arm. I’m excited to see that not because I want to say I told you so but because I’ve already conceded that he’s a MVP level QB. Is he a postseason QB. I’m not a skeptic or pessimist I’m simply interested to formulate a new opinion on him.

I’ve been wrong about a lot of players. Been right about a lot too. At least Ihave the balls to have an opinion and put it out there like so many others. My opinions might be dissected later but at least you have something to discuss.

Jumping On a band wagon late and stating the obvious will make you look a lot smarter than you probably are. Seems to be alot of that going on around here. Also it’s easier to predict a loss than an breakout performance kinda like the stock market. 1 company or team wins and the rest are trying to prove they figured out a better way.

Lol, at the time of this post Wilson was coming off of 2017 and 2018 seasons in which he combined for 69 TDs and 18 Ints with a QB rating over 100.

So you were wrong then and you are just more wrong now. Only a delusional homer Bears fan could not see that Wilson was a damn good QB.