867-5309
Liked Posts:
Remember roids itself only helps recovery

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember roids itself only helps recovery

I think HGH helps recovery, but testosterone actually will help increase muscle growth etc.

I'd like to see what happens in appeal before making too much of a judgment.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
You'd think this is the type of thing that would be swept under the rug and not mentioned. I'm glad they came out with the truth because they should but it seems like baseball just got it's image repaired and now the MVP is probably a cheater.

Somehow I hope this is not true but it never turns out that way.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
ReggieMillerTNT Reggie Miller
Just spoke with my neighbor Ryan Braun, he says test is bogus, can only believe a man for his word.. Truth will always come out..

lol Reggie

BrewCrewFan

Liked Posts:
I would wait until the appeal process runs its course before I say too much. But Braun requested a second test immeditatley after he found it was positive, and that test came back negative.

Maybe the first test was a mistake? Who knows. I hope it is though.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would wait until the appeal process runs its course before I say too much. But Braun requested a second test immeditatley after he found it was positive, and that test came back negative.

Maybe the first test was a mistake? Who knows. I hope it is though.

There's always a possibility for false positives. They'd probably have to test multiple times. But I think this will always hang over his head.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's like you found out your wife cheated on you and no matter how hard you try to forgive her, it doesn't do any good. Hate the Brewers but always liked Braun. He seemed like a straight-laced guy. Even if this ruling gets overturned, his reputation is tainted forever. What a shame.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
307776_10150489700055898_343760075897_11104836_1683190557_n.jpg

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Yeah, even if this is a mistake his reputation will probably be ruined. People will always think of him as a cheater.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm actually pretty shocked, he didn't seem like the type.

The biggest issue, though, is that it's being reported that Braun and MLB new about it a whole month before he was voted MVP.

Don't you think that type of info should have been reported so that voters could make a more informed decision??

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think that 2nd test can necessarily prove anything. The tests were a couple weeks apart and from this article I came across while researching synthetic testosterone just now, that's more than enough time to clear your body of it.
How long it takes for synthetic testosterone to clear out of the body depends primarily on how it was administered. “Testosterone typically is injected directly into the muscle, and, depending on the dosage, it generally creates an elevated T/E [testosterone to epitestosterone] ratio for a week to 10 days, according to researchers I spoke with,” the Numbers Guy wrote.
Floyd Landis doping controversy

And since the first test happened in early October while the Brewers were still playing, passing a test a few weeks later after the season presumably means very little.

For baseball's sake I hope he's telling the truth but I don't know how he can prove his side. He's forever going to be thought of as a cheater.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
Rosenthal continues: What Bruan did triggered violation of MLB steroid-testing policy. Source says substance was prohibited, but not PED.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The more that comes out it sounds like ESPN shit the bed on reporting this.

Anno Catuli

World Series Dreaming
Liked Posts:
The more that comes out it sounds like ESPN shit the bed on reporting this.

Technically, he did fail the test. Just not for what was originally reported/thought. But he is still in line for the 50 game suspension.