Ryan Fitzpatrick for Backup QB?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Deserves to be in the pile of Guys Emery said he'll look at. Nothing of a priority to grab one of those guys pre draft though.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I wouldn't have a problem with that

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm okay with him as a backup. Think he would work well in this system.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
If McScrub can turn his horrible career around with Trestman, I'm sure a better qb with a better career in Fitzpatrick could as well.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, i'd have no problem with Fitz as our #2, he's done well.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was always kind of surprised Buffalo gave up on him so quickly; two of his four seasons there were pretty solid and his last he put up 24 Tds and 16 picks while connecting for over 60%. While that's in no way great, it shouldn't be enough to send a guy packing when you have absolutely no replacement in the pipeline. Oh well, I guess there is a reason that's the worst city in America to live in if you're a sports fan.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Just heard he got cut by the Titans. Thoughts?

Before Josh transformed himself into Peyton Manning the entire world would take him over McGown so yes it would be an upgrade at backup QB, but like someone said there is no need for us to sign a QB pre-draft...

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
Putting the minds of Trestman and Fitzpatrick in the same room could be dangerous. I'm game for them waiting until the draft to see if there is someone worth taking. If not...Fitzpatrick could be a solid option after having prior success as a starter in this league.

BPo001

Liked Posts:
I'm on board for Fitz. I think Cutler greatly benefited from having McCown in the QB room with him to break down film and point out different coverages. Fitz is a smart guy, so hopefully he could have the same attitude McCown had towards helping the team win even if he's not playing.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
If McScrub can turn his horrible career around with Trestman, I'm sure a better qb with a better career in Fitzpatrick could as well.

Because if Cutler goes down this year, we'll have to hear the same shit we heard last year?

I would be worried if my backup came in and performed as well as I did; 2 years in a row would be an embarrassment.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heck, if Trestman can resurrect his career, then Trestman WOULD be a QB whisperer.