Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Pace is an idiot and anyone who defends him is an idiot. Trades 4 high picks to move up ONE SPOT to draft a BUST so he wouldn't get stuck with either one of 2 future Hall of Famers, Mahomes or Watson. No, we wouldn't want that! But let's not forget his other 1st round disasters: Kevin White, could've had Vic Beasely, Todd Gurley or Jamal Adams--nice going, asshole, and Leonard Floyd (yeah he sucks)--could've had Laremy Tunsil, Taylor Decker or Sheldon Rankins. Oh--and in addition to giving $12 million to Mike Glennon, this fucking moron also moved UP to draft Adam Sheehan and Hroniss Grasu and WR Daniel Braverman, (who?). And don't tell me about getting Eddie Jackson in the fourth round--even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Worst GM in the history of any sport, but the McCaskeys think he has nice manners and looks good in a suit. So there you have it Bear fans. I don't know about you but I'm done until Pace is out of the building and a bad memory.

coolio

Liked Posts:
We weren't in a good position before him. But he's had 5 years, and let's just say I don't like where the team is heading and his choice of offensive personnel. I read before that he was a defensive guy, makes sense why he's not that good at picking offense.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace is an idiot and anyone who defends him is an idiot. Trades 4 high picks to move up ONE SPOT to draft a BUST so he wouldn't get stuck with either one of 2 future Hall of Famers, Mahomes or Watson. No, we wouldn't want that! But let's not forget his other 1st round disasters: Kevin White, could've had Vic Beasely, Todd Gurley or Jamal Adams--nice going, asshole, and Leonard Floyd (yeah he sucks)--could've had Laremy Tunsil, Taylor Decker or Sheldon Rankins. Oh--and in addition to giving $12 million to Mike Glennon, this fucking moron also moved UP to draft Adam Sheehan and Hroniss Grasu and WR Daniel Braverman, (who?). And don't tell me about getting Eddie Jackson in the fourth round--even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Worst GM in the history of any sport, but the McCaskeys think he has nice manners and looks good in a suit. So there you have it Bear fans. I don't know about you but I'm done until Pace is out of the building and a bad memory.

Nah, you're kind of an idiot.

He is by no means a great, but he isn't terrible either.

The only unacceptable miss is the mitch trubisky miss. No one was ever picking mahomes at #3. Watson should have been the pick. Whatever.

Other than that every NFL gm throws darts at the wall during the draft. For the most part pace has been solid in FA/Draft. At least compared to his peers.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We weren't in a good position before him. But he's had 5 years, and let's just say I don't like where the team is heading and his choice of offensive personnel. I read before that he was a defensive guy, makes sense why he's not that good at picking offense.

Defense is pretty easy. just draft fast athletic black boys and you can't go wrong!

msadows

Liked Posts:

This is a good take.

Only an idiot acts like Pace is a bad GM. You could want change, and thats understandable, because the dudes about to head into year 6 and you can't have regression in year 6.

However, like you said, this team and franchise was a dumpster fire after Emery/Trestman got fired. One of the oldest rosters in the league and devoid of any young talent.

I remember the days where no FA would even sniff at playing in chicago even when we offered them the highest contract by a wide margain. Pace made this place a free agent destination.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You guys realize this is a new alt account just trying to stir up more shit. The first person to respond was also on their first post.

Although this kind of bullshit is honey to guys like @halftime who would bitch if you handed him a million bucks and set him up to fuck a super model.

Pace sucks!

Mitch sucks!

Fire everyone!

SugarBoogs

Liked Posts:
You guys realize this is a new alt account just trying to stir up more shit. The first person to respond was also on their first post.

Although this kind of bullshit is honey to guys like @halftime who would bitch if you handed him a million bucks and set him up to fuck a super model.

Pace sucks!

Mitch sucks!

Fire everyone!

Yes, that's why I posted on it. And I NEVER post LUL

I've been lurking here for a long fucking time

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
White
Floyd
Trubisky
Smith

3 of Pace's 4 first round picks are busts. That will kill you every single time, particularly if one is a quarterback.

His 2nd round picks haven't been much better. Goldman and Whitehair are solid, but Shaheen, Daniels, and Miller are all bad. Miller showed some promise the 2nd half of the year, but still plays brain dead half the time, and he also has a chronic shoulder problem that is probably going to be an issue the rest of his career.

msadows

Liked Posts:
White
Floyd
Trubisky
Smith

3 of Pace's 4 first round picks are busts. That will kill you every single time, particularly if one is a quarterback.

His 2nd round picks haven't been much better. Goldman and Whitehair are solid, but Shaheen, Daniels, and Miller are all bad. Miller showed some promise the 2nd half of the year, but still plays brain dead half the time, and he also has a chronic shoulder problem that is probably going to be an issue the rest of his career.

You should go look at other GM's draft histories.

Really, do it.

You'd be surprised.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
White
Floyd
Trubisky
Smith

Daniels is young and played well in 2018. Miller isn’t bad. He had 7 TDs his rookie year and flashed at certain points this year. The shoulder is a worry.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:

Pace sucks!

Mitch sucks!

Fire everyone!
And also firing everyone has worked real well in the past. All the great organizations do that every 5 years.....

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
You should go look at other GM's draft histories.

Really, do it.

You'd be surprised.
And most of those GM's end up getting fired, which is my point. You can't have this kind of draft resume and expect to hang around for long. You HAVE to hit on your top 10 picks when you get the opportunity.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Pace also got Eddie Jackson Akiem Hicks Khalil Mack Roquan Smith Adrian Amos Callahan Allen Robinson Anthony Miller Whitehair Howard.
Skrine was a solid corner for the cap space Pace had to work with.
Wims looks like a solid 7th rounder

You can't name all the bad without naming the good. I get it he sucks at first round picks but people mostly hate him for trading up for Mitch.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And most of those GM's end up getting fired, which is my point. You can't have this kind of draft resume and expect to hang around for long. You HAVE to hit on your top 10 picks when you get the opportunity.

Nearly every GM gets fired eventually.

10 different gm's have won executive of the year in the last decade. The only ones who arent fired are the last 3(And Jerry Jones, but the fucker would be fired if he wasn't the owner)

I'm just saying, pace, compared to his peers, is not doing that bad of a job. Compared to Angelo/Emery he's fucking doing a fantastic job.

Is it good enough? Nope. But I'm not willing to blame him/fire him yet. If next year this team declines again then you get rid of him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
He sure as shit can’t evaluate talent, which is a weird thing to say about the Saints’ director of pro personnel.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He sure as shit can’t evaluate talent, which is a weird thing to say about the Saints’ director of pro personnel.

Huh?

He had as many pro bowlers drafted in 2018 as the patriots have had since 2011.

Almost all gm's cant "evaluate talent", because the majority of draft picks don't work out.