Ryan Pace destroyed the Chicago Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes I’m a little salty as every bears fan should be. That decision set the franchise back for 5+ years. It is what it is. Typical bears

No. I'm not. And they shouldn't. Because there is no use crying over shit that never happened. It's stupid and pointless.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Do we know for sure that the Niners are back for the long haul or aren't the new version of the Jags fro a few years back?
The 2018 Bears were a version of the Jags...

EASY schedule
Timely turnovers
Defensive driven
Average QB play
Some luck

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What an idiotic OP title. The Bears were shit when Pace took over. Did you not ever hear of a guy named Phil Emery? He absolutely tanked the Bears. How can you destroy shit that's already shit?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What an idiotic OP title. The Bears were shit when Pace took over. Did you not ever hear of a guy named Phil Emery? He absolutely tanked the Bears. How can you destroy shit that's already shit?
By drafting trubisky over mahomes and watson.

jive

Liked Posts:
I don't think you realize how many good players are actually drafted in the first round every year.

Success rate for first round picks, and I don't mean just pro bowlers, but starters, is 53%.

League wide its 53%.

They throw darts at the board. They hope they stick. Right now, pace is 2/3. He still has one more year for trubisky, but it's looking 2/4.

As bad as you all think floyd is, he is still a quality starter in this league and will play a ten year career. Smith will be a pro bowler or is shaping up to it. White is out of the league, and Mitch is looking like a backup.

This is par for the course for most GM's/teams. Unfortunately, its not good enough.
Another problem with this team is that it readily accepts mediocrity and average results. Who cares what the average for the league is unless your goal is to be average. We need to be better than average.

With Jim Finks we drafted Dan Hampton, Otis Wilson, Keith Van Horne, Jim McMahon, Jim Covert, Willie Gault, Wilbur Marshall, and William Perry in consecutive drafts from 79-85. Not a single bust among them, and many all pros. That is why the team was considered one of the best of all time.
Average drafts get your average results. We need better than average if the goal is to win.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The hiring of Nagy to be the team's game day OC was far more damaging than the Trubisky pick.
So pace is bad at qb and coach evaluation he signed glennon and draft trubisky and hired fox and nagy. Have it your way.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
And derrick henry wasn't as good as jordan howard his first 3 years.

So, I'm confused but okay.
Henry just has an offense that revolves around him. Literally remove henry from the game and that offense shuts down.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
You guys realize this is a new alt account just trying to stir up more shit. The first person to respond was also on their first post.

Although this kind of bullshit is honey to guys like @halftime who would bitch if you handed him a million bucks and set him up to fuck a super model.

Pace sucks!

Mitch sucks!

Fire everyone!
Wasn't trying to stir up shit. It's a public forum for discussion, right genius? New account--yes. Alt--no. Just stating the obvious. The guy sucks. Oh yeah--and you are right, Mitch sucks too.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Huh?

He had as many pro bowlers drafted in 2018 as the patriots have had since 2011.

Almost all gm's cant "evaluate talent", because the majority of draft picks don't work out.
Of the 5 Bear Pro-bowlers for 2018 only 2 were drafted by Pace. Tarik Cohen as a special-teamer and Eddie Jackson, who remains the only great pick that Pace ever made. Kyle Fuller was an Emery pick, (which only proves my point that everyone gets lucky once in a while). Hicks and Mack were expensive free agents, they had to overpay because of poor drafting initially. That's what teams that's can't draft do--they overpay for free agents.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't think drafting Trubisky set the team back 5 years. the Trestman hire did. ^_^

not having a first round pick makes the problem worse, there have been great quarterbacks not drafted in the first. there have been many quarterbacks drafted in the first that were in and out of the league within 4 years. Pace apparently selected the latter. I don't follow the Texans but from what I've read here Watson didn't have as great of a supporting cast either. not like the Chiefs where Mahomes can video game pass all day and the passes just connect every single time. you have to take into consideration that Trubisky had almost no rushing to speak of available, no TEs, arguably only 1 reliable receiver (out of like 5), and an abysmal offensive line. so Watson could overcome that kind of stuff; his team was eliminated from the playoffs. so is he not one of the darlings anymore?

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
You pajama boys can sit around and argue but the reality is Pace has done some good, some bad and he'll have next year to get back into the playoffs or he and mitch are probably gone.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Nah, you're kind of an idiot.

He is by no means a great, but he isn't terrible either.

The only unacceptable miss is the mitch trubisky miss. No one was ever picking mahomes at #3. Watson should have been the pick. Whatever.

Other than that every NFL gm throws darts at the wall during the draft. For the most part pace has been solid in FA/Draft. At least compared to his peers.
I'm an idiot huh? OK--and you're a big poo-head. Name-calling is for children. Intelligent debate is for adults. So let's have an intelligent debate and look at Pace's draft history.

2015--6 picks. Drafts Kevin White #1. Of those 6 picks only Eddie Goldman is still on the team. Grade: F
2016--7 picks. Moves up 2 spots to draft Floyd with his 1st pick--another bust. Hits with Whitehair , Bullard and Kwiatkowski in the middle and nails Howard with the 5th pick. Grade: B-
2017--5 picks. Trades #'s 3, 67, 111 and the 2018 #3 to move up ONE SPOT to draft Mitchell Trubisky, so he wouldn't get stuck with Patrick Mahomes or DeShaun Watson. Mitch is a clueless bust who can't read a defense to save his life and is just really bad at football. Mahomes is the league MVP a year later and both he and Watson are future HOFers. Drafts Adam Sheeahn at #2, hits on Jackson and Cohen with two # 4's. Grade D-
2018--7 picks--Gets a no-miss Roquan Smith with the #8 overall pick. Still might be a head case. Daniels and Miller in round 2 look like they will be serviceable NFL players and he gets a steal with Wims in the 7th round. Grade: Early assessment B.

So, four drafts and he's got a C average, three 1st round busts and the most laughable, tragic, boneheaded move in NFL draft history with the Tribusky debacle.

I think I have made my case.