dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Every year QBs rise to the top of the draft miles ahead of where they were predicted to go early in the year. That's because a good QB is a rare commodity. Yeah I realize every point you made. The three were all bunched up, no one knew, blah, blah, blah... OK--Pace picked the only guy out of the three who can't play. It happens--but what did he see in Tribusky in 13 mediocre starts that made him think Tribusky was so much better than the other two that he traded away four picks to make sure he didn't get stuck with either one? I must have missed his explanation on that at the end-of-year press conference.

He saw what many saw which was a talented young QB but was green and would need time to develop. I'm guessing he saw the same questions with Watson and Mahomes that many many others saw which mainly with Watson was the serious injury history and Mahomes i think the main issue was if he was just another QB coming out of a air raid system but would he be able to play in a real NFL offense which nobody would know until it was actually seen. Can you show me where Pace was asked about what he saw in Trubisky to make him trade up for him cause i must of missed that question? Thank you.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
These will be a very simple questions which i'll hopefully get very simple answers in return but i won't hold my breath.

Well I am not sick and tired (the poster) but I have no problem with Q and A back-and-forth football discussion. So you can exhale now.

Do you understand that nobody not even GM's and Scouts know what any college player will be when going to the NFL and that there is no exact science to drafting?

I actually do. It is why I am in favor of a football team overhauling its pay structure so that GMs (who often get things as wrong or MORE wrong than guys on the street) aren't paid ridiculous salaries, but I'm not a football owner and so, owners will do what they want anyway, oh well.

Do you understand that Trubisky was looked at as the top QB coming out of this draft by many "Draft experts" and many others?

I do. Do you understand that your previous question implies that they can and do get it wrong? Which is the case here. You see that right?

Do you understand that both Watson and Mahomes had many questions coming out of the draft about them which was the reason they went at #10 and #12 and if anyone knew they'd be what they are that they would of went #1 and #2?

Yes, that is also not up for debate by anyone I know here.

I know it will be hard to honestly answer these questions like it is for many others on here without saying the typical line of...."He's the GM so it's his job to know" but lets see if you can do it.

Well, it is his job to know but since you seem unconvinced that is true (somehow?)

so ok, 5 years: 34 W to 47 losses a .420 win percentage with 1 playoff appearance 0 playoff wins

and most critically, going into year 6: a coach and team in regression - possibly freefall.

I do not expect discussion from you in return, but I felt maybe there are other visitors new to the site lurking and reading and would benefit from the logical counterpoint to your never-ending excuses for Bears leadership

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Maybe if you were old enough you'd know that FF is over and has been for a while. I did win $630 this year total though. You should also find a new line cause the FF scam thing not only never happened but you're the only one who still brings it up little guy.
Is your life so sad you brag about cheating in fantasy football on the internet???

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This whole knocking @WestCoastBearsFan for being young is the dumbest fucking thing. The board morons are so desperate. I’d say being young is in his favor because he’s not like the older idiots who compare Mitch Trubiskys numbers to guys like Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman. You’ve got boomers here posing as know it alls and they don’t even know the difference between game management and play calling. Age means nothing. Just means you’ve watched a different era of football that means nothing today.

deeeerp u didnt wach da 85 bearc what do u no u dum baybee daaaahhhhhh

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well I am not sick and tired (the poster) but I have no problem with Q and A back-and-forth football discussion. So you can exhale now.

I actually do. It is why I am in favor of a football team overhauling its pay structure so that GMs (who often get things as wrong or MORE wrong than guys on the street) aren't paid ridiculous salaries, but I'm not a football owner and so, owners will do what they want anyway, oh well.

I do. Do you understand that your previous question implies that they can and do get it wrong? Which is the case here. You see that right?

Yes, that is also not up for debate by anyone I know here.

Well, it is his job to know but since you seem unconvinced that is true (somehow?)

so ok, 5 years: 34 W to 47 losses a .420 win percentage with 1 playoff appearance 0 playoff wins

and most critically, going into year 6: a coach and team in regression - possibly freefall.

I do not expect discussion from you in return, but I felt maybe there are other visitors new to the site lurking and reading and would benefit from the logical counterpoint to your never-ending excuses for Bears leadership

I very clearly said that the GM is the fall guy but you must of glossed over that part.

I see his record as 20-12 because i don't include him coming in and doing a complete tear down and rebuild as years he was worried about what the record would be. Part of the rebuild was getting higher picks in each round which helped the rebuild. How soon people forget that for many years they were on here screaming for a GM that would come in and have the balls to rebuild this team and R.Pace was the one who did that.

Logical and CCS do not fit together.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
He saw what many saw which was a talented young QB but was green and would need time to develop. I'm guessing he saw the same questions with Watson and Mahomes that many many others saw which mainly with Watson was the serious injury history and Mahomes i think the main issue was if he was just another QB coming out of a air raid system but would he be able to play in a real NFL offense which nobody would know until it was actually seen. Can you show me where Pace was asked about what he saw in Trubisky to make him trade up for him cause i must of missed that question? Thank you.
Someone should have asked him. It was a monumentally idiotic move and he should be held accountable.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This whole knocking @WestCoastBearsFan for being young is the dumbest fucking thing. The board morons are so desperate. I’d say being young is in his favor because he’s not like the older idiots who compare Mitch Trubiskys numbers to guys like Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman. You’ve got boomers here posing as know it alls and they don’t even know the difference between game management and play calling. Age means nothing. Just means you’ve watched a different era of football that means nothing today.

Thanks bud. Appreciate it!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is your life so sad you brag about cheating in fantasy football on the internet???

Holy shit you're dumb. Hahaha

Why do i even try to talk to a little kid that hasn't been around long enough to understand not only the Chicago Bears but life in general.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Uh oh, it looks like a nerve was hit and another young one is mad that he also wasn't around for the 85 Bears. LOL

You keep defending you older brother.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Someone should have asked him. It was a monumentally idiotic move and he should be held accountable.

Ahhhh so he wasn't asked that question at his end of season presser but you for some reason wanted to know what he said to a question he wasn't asked. Hmmmmmm

This was fun guys/kids but some of us are too old to be going back and forth all day about something so stupid.

How bout those 85 Bears though?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ahhhh so he wasn't asked that question at his end of season presser but you for some reason wanted to know what he said to a question he wasn't asked. Hmmmmmm

This was fun guys/kids but some of us are too old to be going back and forth all day about something so stupid.

yep, time for you to run along, don't want you to be late for your GED class.

Just remember, folks: Pace can't answer questions that he isn't asked (and evidently only questions asked during the end-of-season press conference)!

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
These will be a very simple questions which i'll hopefully get very simple answers in return but i won't hold my breath.

Do you understand that nobody not even GM's and Scouts know what any college player will be when going to the NFL and that there is no exact science to drafting?

Do you understand that Trubisky was looked at as the top QB coming out of this draft by many "Draft experts" and many others?

Do you understand that both Watson and Mahomes had many questions coming out of the draft about them which was the reason they went at #10 and #12 and if anyone knew they'd be what they are that they would of went #1 and #2?

I know it will be hard to honestly answer these questions like it is for many others on here without saying the typical line of...."He's the GM so it's his job to know" but lets see if you can do it.

By the way i'm a huge R.Pace supporter but i understand that there always has to be a fall guy in every sport for everything and that the GM is the fall guy for personnel decisions, but because i can live by using reality and common sense i see that Pace has done more good than bad for this team and think he does deserve the chance to make things right with this team, unlike many others on here who thought he should of been fired.
Please try to learn proper English. When you say "should of," what you are actually trying to say is "should've" which is a contraction of "should have." You can't "of" anything. "Of" is a preposition. I don't normally correct grammar, as I would be on here all goddamn day with some of these geniuses, but that particular misuse makes my asshole twitch.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Uh oh, it looks like a nerve was hit and another young one is mad that he also wasn't around for the 85 Bears. LOL

You keep defending you older brother.
No, just tired of seeing fucking idiots like you and @msadows talking about his age when he’s constantly slapping you with facts

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers

Actually the question was posed to your hero in a 4-part article written by Rich Campbell of the Tribune in November, but Pace refused to be interviewed for the excellent piece on the biggest fuck-up in Bear draft history. He's a mealy-mouthed coward who can't admit when he's wrong. But hey, no one is stopping you from adoring him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The notion that Pace can't evaluate talent is ridiculous. He has drafted several very talented players and acquired talented Free agents.

Not all GMs are going to hit on every draft choice. His biggest mistake was not drafting the right QB. It is a glaring issue. Hopefully Trubisky is a late bloomer because he has shown the talent flashes of a high level QB.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The notion that Pace can't evaluate talent is ridiculous. He has drafted several very talented players and acquired talented Free agents.

Not all GMs are going to hit on every draft choice. His biggest mistake was not drafting the right QB. It is a glaring issue. Hopefully Trubisky is a late bloomer because he has shown the talent flashes of a high level QB.
yeah, but Pace shouldn't get credit for that if it happens, because no GM (or online scam FF commissioner) can predict how a college QB will do in the pros.

jc456

Liked Posts:
We weren't in a good position before him. But he's had 5 years, and let's just say I don't like where the team is heading and his choice of offensive personnel. I read before that he was a defensive guy, makes sense why he's not that good at picking offense.
The Bear management must love John Shoop.

any different today then then?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I very clearly said that the GM is the fall guy but you must of glossed over that part.

I didn't gloss over it; I simply ignored the obviously false premise you posted.

You can very clearly say the CFO is the "fall guy" when a company's books are out of order

or the film director is the "fall guy" when a film doesn't reverberate with the movie audience

or the GM is the "fall guy" when talent acquisition does not lead to more wins and playoff appearances.

All are wrong and require no explanation why.

How soon people forget that for many years they were on here screaming for a GM that would come in and have the balls to rebuild this team and R.Pace was the one who did that.

So the team is rebuilt? And we still struggle to score points and win games? Glad you see that.

Indeed.

I see his record as 20-12

Convenient. Anyone can look at anything any way I guess. If you want, you could start counting when Nagy was hired so Pace went 12 - 4 and then forget 2019 because of: Mitch's early shoulder injury, Hicks injury, anything but poor talent and depth on OL, QB, TE, RB, and bad game planning and play calling by his handpicked "genius".

So anyone could say Pace is whatever record they want I suppose.

But you are dodging on the fact that our team is devoid of talent on offense, Nagy seems unable to scheme around Mitch's weaknesses and Mitch seems unable to make plays consistently enough for Nagy to call games the way he wants. The whole team is regressing and there is no end in sight.

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:

I see his record as 20-12 because i don't include him coming in and doing a complete tear down and rebuild as years he was worried about what the record would be. Part of the rebuild was getting higher picks in each round which helped the rebuild. How soon people forget that for many years they were on here screaming for a GM that would come in and have the balls to rebuild this team and R.Pace was the one who did that.

Funny San Fran (GM Lynch) were in a worst situation than the Bears. Somehow in 3 years they tore everything down, rebuilt everything, hired a great offensive mind, and now in the NFC championship.

Yes, every GM should get a "Pass" for his 1st three years LMAO

What a great business model.