Ryan Pace destroyed the Chicago Bears

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I can forgive a lot with Pace. there are some very good picks there, and trying to turn around the losing culture and malaise of this franchise is a monumental task.
BUT, its hard to forgive not even talking to Watson pre draft.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Funny San Fran (GM Lynch) were in a worst situation than the Bears. Somehow in 3 years they tore everything down, rebuilt everything, hired a great offensive mind, and now in the NFC championship.

Yes, every GM should get a "Pass" for his 1st three years LMAO

What a great business model.
I don't think anyone saw Lynch being this good. Plus, The 49rs have wealthy, committed owners...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Please try to learn proper English. When you say "should of," what you are actually trying to say is "should've" which is a contraction of "should have." You can't "of" anything. "Of" is a preposition. I don't normally correct grammar, as I would be on here all goddamn day with some of these geniuses, but that particular misuse makes my asshole twitch.

Sooooooo that's it then? That's your comeback? So you're 60 yrs old hah? Hmmmmmmm

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, just tired of seeing fucking idiots like you and @msadows talking about his age when he’s constantly slapping you with facts

He's just a young little boy that hasn't been around long enough to know real facts.

He's really young.

Really really young.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Actually the question was posed to your hero in a 4-part article written by Rich Campbell of the Tribune in November, but Pace refused to be interviewed for the excellent piece on the biggest fuck-up in Bear draft history. He's a mealy-mouthed coward who can't admit when he's wrong. But hey, no one is stopping you from adoring him.

Hahahaha you looking to take the top CCS troll award this season? It's gonna be tough cause we have some good ones but good luck and straight to my ignore list.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't gloss over it; I simply ignored the obviously false premise you posted.

You can very clearly say the CFO is the "fall guy" when a company's books are out of order

or the film director is the "fall guy" when a film doesn't reverberate with the movie audience

or the GM is the "fall guy" when talent acquisition does not lead to more wins and playoff appearances.

All are wrong and require no explanation why.

You glossed over it.

So the team is rebuilt? And we still struggle to score points and win games? Glad you see that.

It has been rebuilt and players that performed last year didn't perform this year...damn you Ryan Pace.

Indeed.

INDEED

Convenient. Anyone can look at anything any way I guess. If you want, you could start counting when Nagy was hired so Pace went 12 - 4 and then forget 2019 because of: Mitch's early shoulder injury, Hicks injury, anything but poor talent and depth on OL, QB, TE, RB, and bad game planning and play calling by his handpicked "genius".

So anyone could say Pace is whatever record they want I suppose.

But you are dodging on the fact that our team is devoid of talent on offense, Nagy seems unable to scheme around Mitch's weaknesses and Mitch seems unable to make plays consistently enough for Nagy to call games the way he wants. The whole team is regressing and there is no end in sight.

There's talent on this offense but again.....players that produced an d played well last year didn't this year. If T.Burton, C.Leno, B.Massie, T.Gabriel and M.Trubisky play as well this year as they did in 2018 then it would be a different story IMO.

But i'm guessing that's Pace's fault again....Damn you Ryan Pace.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Funny San Fran (GM Lynch) were in a worst situation than the Bears. Somehow in 3 years they tore everything down, rebuilt everything, hired a great offensive mind, and now in the NFC championship.

Yes, every GM should get a "Pass" for his 1st three years LMAO

What a great business model.

FloridaMike talking like he knows something but has been proven time and time again that he's a fraud.

Sorry GatorMike but no two rebuilds are the same. They aren't started the same and not finished the same so you can't compare tear downs and rebuilds FRAUD.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think @dabears70 should be banned until he gets his GED for spamming; 5 of the last 6 posts in this thread are from him and 4 of them are attacking other posters

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
There's talent on this offense but again.....players that produced an d played well last year didn't this year. If T.Burton, C.Leno, B.Massie, T.Gabriel and M.Trubisky play as well this year as they did in 2018 then it would be a different story IMO.

But i'm guessing that's Pace's fault again....Damn you Ryan Pace.

Wouldn't that be Nagy's fault? And who hired Nagy? Damn you Ryan Pace for picking an inexperienced gameplanner, playcaller and a coach that does not know how to prevent regression in his QB and other players.

It's all irrelevant though since Nagy gets another shot to turn it all around and Pace can cross his fingers, but imo there is no way Pace gets another shot at a third coach and a third QB. Pace's fate is tied with his handpicked choices in Nagy and Mitch and all the rest.

I am astonished you could possibly have faith in them becoming top-notch coaches and players in 2020, but if you do, good for you. Faith in better days is something I never argue against because people can feel how they want but excusing past events that are proven bad is what I usually debate.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
This is a crap team without Mack. Pace can’t draft for shit and really does need to go. Virtually all of his 1st rounders are bust and he leveraged the franchise to get those busts...amazing. And now it also may appear that his hand picked HC is a bust too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wouldn't that be Nagy's fault? And who hired Nagy? Damn you Ryan Pace for picking an inexperienced gameplanner, playcaller and a coach that does not know how to prevent regression in his QB and other players.

It's all irrelevant though since Nagy gets another shot to turn it all around and Pace can cross his fingers, but imo there is no way Pace gets another shot at a third coach and a third QB. Pace's fate is tied with his handpicked choices in Nagy and Mitch and all the rest.

I am astonished you could possibly have faith in them becoming top-notch coaches and players in 2020, but if you do, good for you. Faith in better days is something I never argue against because people can feel how they want but excusing past events that are proven bad is what I usually debate.

I've been shitting on Nagy for his play calling for almost the whole year. Nagy was one of the top names out there for head coaching gigs and Pace took his shot. The guy called plays in the last 4 games of the Chiefs regular season so he definitely was taking a chance hiring Nagy who obviously won head coach of the year in his first year and everything with him and the offense regressed last year, so he definitely needs to get this offense right next year and it's Pace's job to fix what needs to be fixed for him to be able to do that on offense.

I wouldn't say i have faith as much as i'd say i like to stay optimistic that they'll get it right and we'll see progression next year and hopefully the playoffs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a crap team without Mack. Pace can’t draft for shit and really does need to go. Virtually all of his 1st rounders are bust and he leveraged the franchise to get those busts...amazing. And now it also may appear that his hand picked HC is a bust too.

Pace can't draft for shit or would you like to take that back and say he hasn't been great in the 1st round but has been great in the middle to late rounds and even in UDFA?

E.Goldman--2nd round
A.Amos--5th round
C.Whitehair--2nd round
N.Kwiatkowski--4th round
D.Bush--4th round
J.Howard--5th round
E.Jackson--4th round
T.Cohen--4th round
R.Smith--1st round
J.Daniels--2nd round
A.Miller--2nd round
B.Nichols--5th round
J.Wims--7th round

Probably too early to do last years draft but he didn't have a pick until the 3rd round and i think Monty will be good once the o-line and play calling is fixed. That's some real bad drafting though. Maybe you're one that thinks there's actually GM's that get every pick right. If so then can you please tell me which ones you think do so i can show you how they don't???

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy was one of the top names out there for head coaching gigs and Pace took his shot.

This sentence was illuminating for me.

As long as Pace goes for top names when he hires a coach or drafts a player, he is eternally fine. Results of those subsequent hirings and draft picks do not matter as much to you in any significant measure.

I could not possibly disagree with your priorities anymore than I already do. My priorities of evaluating for success are literally reversed from yours.

But now I see why I disagree with you frequently and have no more to add here. Go Bears.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I see a lot of non-factors on that list in 2019 but I guess when you need to blindly defend someone, just say names and pretend like they’re all good and contributing.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This sentence was illuminating for me.

As long as Pace goes for top names when he hires a coach or drafts a player, he is eternally fine. Results of those subsequent hirings and draft picks do not matter as much to you in any significant measure.

I could not possibly disagree with your priorities anymore than I already do. My priorities of evaluating for success are literally reversed from yours.

But now I see why I disagree with you frequently and have no more to add here. Go Bears.

I absolutely agree that we differ on how we look at things to where i try to stay as optimistic as i can and you don't. It's hard to even debate with someone who starts making things up that aren't true, like Remy and others do, and keep the debate going like you saying i'm good with bad draft picks and coaches hired as long as they were top names. That isn't true at all.

Good talk

Go Bears

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
you saying i'm good with bad draft picks and coaches hired as long as they were top names. That isn't true at all.

Agree with most said except for above is still confusing.

That's literally what I infer every single time you defend Pace by saying "Nagy was a top name out there for a coaching gig" and "Player X was projected to go in this spot or even earlier".

You do that a lot. If you want to clarify, cool, but if you don't clarify then you might find yourself lumping me along with Remy and all the others as "making things up that aren't even true" but there is no other way to discern your meaning than using the exact things you say when you defend Pace.

Last edited:

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
FloridaMike talking like he knows something but has been proven time and time again that he's a fraud.

Sorry GatorMike but no two rebuilds are the same. They aren't started the same and not finished the same so you can't compare tear downs and rebuilds FRAUD.

GatorMike--There's no seasoning with this punk. You can list facts and state the obvious till you're blue in the face, but all you get in return is childish insults and moronic replies. He put me on his ignore list. Boo fucking hoo. See ya later you little bitch.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No, the McCaskeys destroyed the Chicago Bears long before Pace arrived.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Agree with most said except for above is still confusing.

That's literally what I infer every single time you defend Pace by saying "Nagy was a top name out there for a coaching gig" and "Player X was projected to go in this spot or even earlier".

You do that a lot. If you want to clarify, cool, but if you don't clarify then you might find yourself lumping me along with Remy and all the others as "making things up that aren't even true" but there is no other way to discern your meaning than using the exact things you say when you defend Pace.

I said the truth that Nagy was a hot name for head coaching gigs and have also been going at his bad play calling all year. Just cause he was a hot name doesn't mean i'm 100% behind the hiring as of now. I was good with his hiring after last season though when he brought us to the playoffs and a 12-4 season but i'm not as happy with him now as i was after last season like i'm sure many of us were. I think he deserves next year to show he knows what the fuck he's doing when it comes to play calling though.

Not sure what you're talking about or when i said i was happy with Pace drafting player x because he was projected to go at the spot we took him or even earlier. If a player that we drafted hasn't played well then i have no problem saying it was a bad pick which i've said about Trubisky, Floyd, Shaheen and others.