Ryan Pace destroyed the Chicago Bears

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Pace can't draft for shit or would you like to take that back and say he hasn't been great in the 1st round but has been great in the middle to late rounds and even in UDFA?

E.Goldman--2nd round
A.Amos--5th round
C.Whitehair--2nd round
N.Kwiatkowski--4th round
D.Bush--4th round
J.Howard--5th round
E.Jackson--4th round
T.Cohen--4th round
R.Smith--1st round
J.Daniels--2nd round
A.Miller--2nd round
B.Nichols--5th round
J.Wims--7th round

Probably too early to do last years draft but he didn't have a pick until the 3rd round and i think Monty will be good once the o-line and play calling is fixed. That's some real bad drafting though. Maybe you're one that thinks there's actually GM's that get every pick right. If so then can you please tell me which ones you think do so i can show you how they don't???

Name one blue chip player out of that bunch. You need to hit on those star blue chip players to anchor your franchise. Pace has only hit on the supporting cast but no stars. The only blue chip star is Mack.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Pace hasn't destroyed the Bears. If he makes one pick differently (Watson/Mahomes over Trubisky) we're a Superbowl contender.

As it stands now, even if Trubisky doesn't make a giant leap we're still talented enough to compete for a wildcard spot yearly at the very least. That isn't a destroyed franchise.

He can still save the team from being a middling franchise if he acknowledges that Trubisky isn't the answer at QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace hasn't destroyed the Bears. If he makes one pick differently (Watson/Mahomes over Trubisky) we're a Superbowl contender.

As it stands now, even if Trubisky doesn't make a giant leap we're still talented enough to compete for a wildcard spot yearly at the very least. That isn't a destroyed franchise.

He can still save the team from being a middling franchise if he acknowledges that Trubisky isn't the answer at QB.

Problem is, unless you're the Browns, the Bears may not get a top 5 pick like that again for years. So he can acknowledge Trubisky isn't the answer all day... if you don't have a top pick it's really hard to get a top QB.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I said the truth that Nagy was a hot name for head coaching gigs and have also been going at his bad play calling all year. Just cause he was a hot name doesn't mean i'm 100% behind the hiring as of now.

So if Nagy continues to struggle with playcalling and miss the playoffs, who will be responsible? Nagy? yes, we all agree. Pace who picked him? Yes?

I was good with his hiring after last season though when he brought us to the playoffs and a 12-4 season but i'm not as happy with him now as i was after last season like i'm sure many of us were.

Yes, few are happy with Nagy and Mitch and also Pace for hiring Nagy and picking Mitch. If they turn it around, or one or the other does, then happier days will be here. If they do not, will Pace be held responsible for picking them to lead the Bears? Or will he just be the "fall guy" in your opinion?

If a player that we drafted hasn't played well then i have no problem saying it was a bad pick which i've said about Trubisky, Floyd, Shaheen and others.

Do you have a problem saying Pace made a bad pick when he picked Mitch, Shaheen, Floyd and others? Or just that it was a bad pick doomed by the hand of fate or something?

EDIT POSTSCRIPT: Questions are genuine. I am unsure if you have possibly been caricatured unfairly by people as an irrational Pace lover

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace made arguably the worst decision in franchise history.

I do not think he destroyed the Bears. They have been shit for a lot longer than Pace has been here.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
4 years isn't very long.

Um, Angelo/Lovie wore it out super thin, and then Emery put the finishing touches on the roster. Pace inherited that old and woefully untalented roster... Good Luck Ryan.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Pace made arguably the worst decision in franchise history.

I do not think he destroyed the Bears. They have been shit for a lot longer than Pace has been here.

Well Rick Mirer and Cade McNown have something to say about that, Windy.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

Well, Windy did say "arguably" but I think Mitch may go down as worse than your examples.

Trading a first for Mirer was epically bad. Drafting Cade McDouche was also bad (and the Bears QB I hate the most out of all of them in my lifetime),

but neither of those picks came at the expense of two potentially great QBs that were available in place of the QB chosen.

jive

Liked Posts:
Pace didn't have much to ruin when he got here. The last time we had a dominant team was in the late 80s, and we had a decent run in the mid 2000s . We've had many coaches, QBs, and GMs during that time. One constant during that time was the ownership. If you want to place the blame for destroying a team, look no further than the old lady's family and their accountant. They were responsible for dismantling one of the most dominant teams in NFL history for the sake of saving money during a time when the Bears were raking in the dough using a stadium provided by the tax payers of Chicago and there was no salary cap. That tells you alot about their commitment to winning.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Well, Windy did say "arguably" but I think Mitch may go down as worse than your examples.

Trading a first for Mirer was epically bad. Drafting Cade McDouche was also bad (and the Bears QB I hate the most out of all of them in my lifetime),

but neither of those picks came at the expense of two potentially great QBs that were available in place of the QB chosen.

Fair 'nuff, OJC.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Pace didn't have much to ruin when he got here. The last time we had a dominant team was in the late 80s, and we had a decent run in the mid 2000s . We've had many coaches, QBs, and GMs during that time. One constant during that time was the ownership. If you want to place the blame for destroying a team, look no further than the old lady's family and their accountant. They were responsible for dismantling one of the most dominant teams in NFL history for the sake of saving money during a time when the Bears were raking in the dough using a stadium provided by the tax payers of Chicago and there was no salary cap. That tells you alot about their commitment to winning.

Pretty much this

TailGator

Trump is the best President Ever
Liked Posts:

Neither did Lynch of SF, yet he made it to NFC championship in 3 years. But that's ok Lets give Pace 10 more years because the first 3 years really don't count ???

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Cade McNown and Rick Mirer didn't have Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson as alternatives. AND those idiotic decisions didn't cost 4 draft picks.

jive

Liked Posts:
Cade McNown and Rick Mirer didn't have Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson as alternatives. AND those idiotic decisions didn't cost 4 draft picks.
Rick Mirer cost a first round draft pick (#11) which was worth more than all the draft picks given up by Pace for his idiotic move to advance one spot. Pace is an idiot, but the Mirer trade was even more idiotic because there was NFL film out there to show that he sucked. While Mitch sucks, he was no where near the suck of Mirer. Mirer started only 3 games and lasted one season where he produced 420 yards, 0 TDs, and 6 INTs. And the player they could have gotten with that 11th pick could have been none other than HOFer Tony Gonzales.

With Cade McNown, the Bears had the #7 pick and traded down. They could have had HOFer Champ Bailey, or potential HOFer Chris McAllister. The could have also had Daunte Culpepper, who had a few good seasons. Even at #12, they could have taken Javon Kearse. McNown didn't suck as bad as Mirer, but he still sucked worse than Mitch. He only lasted 2 awful seasons with a 3-12 record, 16 TD, and 19 INTs.

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers

Sick&Tired

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
Name one blue chip player out of that bunch. You need to hit on those star blue chip players to anchor your franchise. Pace has only hit on the supporting cast but no stars. The only blue chip star is Mack.
I don't think anyone saw Lynch being this good. Plus, The 49rs have wealthy, committed owners...
Wealthy owners? Where have you been the last 15 years? This is a CAPPED league with structured contracts, rookie or otherwise. The old adage about the Bears being cheap hasn't been true since the last CBA. All teams have the same amount of money to spend. And it has nothing to with Lynch being "this good" and EVERYTHING to do with Pace being that bad. He sucks, plain and simple. The support I see for him on this forum is incomprehensible. You people must love being shit on.