Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If neither one has been fired by now, then they're staying. This is what bad franchises do. You should have known before the end of the Saints game what you were going to do with Pace.
The Eagles waited more than a week

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
I think they are just delaying announcing they are back to let people calm down from the loss. They know it isn’t the popular decision. The longer they delay the less backlash they will receive.

Looking at next year’s schedule this team is doomed no matter what they do. The cap space and draft picks just aren’t their to compete with all of the good teams on the schedule consistently.

It will be Pace/Nagy’s last year they will fail and then they can rejuvenate the fan base with new leadership. This is the way.

The problem with this is, will George keep a hammer over Paces head and slam it down when Pace tries to make an over the top move to extend his tenure and that said move, or moves, may end up failing and setting this franchise back even further.

This is the BIG risk you take keeping a failing group around longer than is necessary.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
These fools will be back next year; I guess there's a chance they could be making phone calls to see who's out there but I would think that would have been done weeks ago.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
What was the record of the 2 coaches in question this season?
Fuck. You got me Leo.. i like Shanahan, but he obviously has his own issues in big games. Lost 2 SBs. One he had in the bag. Still way better than winless playoff Nagy though.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fuck. You got me Leo.. i like Shanahan, but he obviously has his own issues in big games. Lost 2 SBs. One he had in the bag. Still way better than winless playoff Nagy though.
I am in no way advocating for keeping Nagy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
The problem with this is, will George keep a hammer over Paces head and slam it down when Pace tries to make an over the top move to extend his tenure and that said move, or moves, may end up failing and setting this franchise back even further.

This is the BIG risk you take keeping a failing group around longer than is necessary.

I would have to think any trade involving future assets would need ownership approval this year if they stay. Could be part of what they are hammering out in the meetings.

coolio

Liked Posts:
The Eagles waited more than a week
it seems like that situation was somewhat of a mutual parting. Pederson said he was sick of people telling him what to do according to Rapoport

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
These fucks are still waiting for mail in ballots from the rest of the McCaskey family, aren't they?

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that a decision has not yet been made speaks volumes to McCaskeys and Philips utter incompetence when it comes to running an NFL organization. The decision re Pace should have been made within 24 hours of the loss to Det.

And the decision on Nagy should have been made the minute they got blown out by the Saints.

The fact that they’ve yet to make any announcement means no changes are going to be made, or they haven’t decided anything yet. Either of which is horribly concerning for any fan or player of this Team.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It is very obvious Bears brass is deliberating what they are going to do and no decision has been made either way. Nagy might even be interviewing for keeping his job. Who knows.

I do believe if they had made up their minds either way we would know by now. There's just way too much uncertainty for the McCaskeys to remain mum and assume Nagy's contract speaks for itself.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The fact that a decision has not yet been made speaks volumes to McCaskeys and Philips utter incompetence when it comes to running an NFL organization. The decision re Pace should have been made within 24 hours of the loss to Det.

And the decision on Nagy should have been made the minute they got blown out by the Saints.

The fact that they’ve yet to make any announcement means no changes are going to be made, or they haven’t decided anything yet. Either of which is horribly concerning for any fan or player of this Team.
I see no cost to being deliberative. Especially this time of year. What's the rush to make rash judgments so quickly? What's there to gain by firing them Sunday night as opposed to Thursday?