Ryan Pace/Matt Nagy RETAINED IGT

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some guy on the Score (Grote) said he thinks George wants Pace back and he's just listening to Pace's plan going forward and if it makes sense.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Some guy on the Score (Grote) said he thinks George wants Pace back and he's just listening to Pace's plan going forward and if it makes sense.
This is my read on it too. Pace is staying and they are examining whether they have a realistic shot at hiring a coach better than Nagy. So much regarding coaching searches happens through back channels and this makes me believe the Bears have a particular name in mind who is not publicly known to be available. If that name falls through Nagy comes back another year.

Just my guess. I think its a narrative that fits what we are seeing.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
it seems like that situation was somewhat of a mutual parting. Pederson said he was sick of people telling him what to do according to Rapoport
It seems when a man won’t listen, he doesn’t have to heed it, to advice, that man usually fails.....

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see no cost to being deliberative. Especially this time of year. What's the rush to make rash judgments so quickly? What's there to gain by firing them Sunday night as opposed to Thursday?
Deliberate? You had all year to make your decision. And nothing was going to change with Pace’s results between the end of the 6 game losing streak and now (unless they went to the SB which obviously they were never going to)

What do you lose by being deliberate? Other top candidates who are being offered jobs from other teams.

like I said, bears brass is either incompetent or they’ve made up their mind and no changes are being made.

If no changes are being made, they are likely purposely delaying the “announcement” so fans have a chance to calm down after the blowout in NO. The backlash will be less severe the longer they wait

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could also be talking to teams that are still in the playoffs, you would think any of that info would have been leaked. I have a bad feeling about all of this :\

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Deliberate? You had all year to make your decision. And nothing was going to change with Pace’s results between the end of the 6 game losing streak and now (unless they went to the SB which obviously they were never going to)

What do you lose by being deliberate? Other top candidates who are being offered jobs from other teams.

like I said, bears brass is either incompetent or they’ve made up their mind and no changes are being made.

If no changes are being made, they are likely purposely delaying the “announcement” so fans have a chance to calm down after the blowout in NO. The backlash will be less the longer they wait
There are no top candidates this cycle. Bieniemy, Salah, Meyer...these are all guys wouldn't even have gotten consideration last year. Jason Garrett is probably the best one available, and I know most people are deeply unenthusiastic about hiring him.

So the idea that the Bears are missing out on some football genius by waiting a few days to make their decision is bunk. The only way they fire Nagy is if they have a clear improvement lined up, and I'm not sure anyone represents anything more than a potential improvement aside from Garrett.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are no top candidates this cycle. Bieniemy, Salah, Meyer...these are all guys wouldn't even have gotten consideration last year. Jason Garrett is probably the best one available, and I know most people are deeply unenthusiastic about hiring him.

So the idea that the Bears are missing out on some football genius by waiting a few days to make their decision is bunk. The only way they fire Nagy is if they have a clear improvement lined up, and I'm not sure anyone represents anything more than a potential improvement aside from Garrett.

I can't say I agree with this. I would love to take a shot with Salah or Meyer, and not Jason Garrett.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
is bieniemy even calling plays? there's always some hot new name that's on a successful team

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Didn't he do the same thing last offseason?

George is a fucking loser.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Century 21 is hiring....

Just doing my part

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210112-122929_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210112-122929_Chrome.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 11

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
I would have to think any trade involving future assets would need ownership approval this year if they stay. Could be part of what they are hammering out in the meetings.
While I would love to handcuff Pace, the reality is if management finds themselves doing that, they need to just admit the failure, fire him and move on. Pace is not going to simply say "okay" to some handcuffing that prevents him from doing big FA contracts (although jeopardizing the future of the organization) or trading away future picks to move up in the draft. Pace is likely going to try and save his job and that may mean going all in for a playoff push next year that is likely the only way he saves it and if it costs the organization 2-3 seasons after, he either doesn't care because he will be gone or will be on a new extended contract after the playoff push and will deal with the ramifications of his job saving moves then. It just seems like a no-win to try and handcuff your lame duck GM's moves as you likely are just delaying the inevitable.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That’s strange. The sports media outlets I’ve been following seem to report the same 5-7 guys are taking interviews with multiple teams for their vacant GM and HC positions throughout the NFL. I’m not sure what you’re reading.

Rise

Liked Posts:
While I would love to handcuff Pace, the reality is if management finds themselves doing that, they need to just admit the failure, fire him and move on. Pace is not going to simply say "okay" to some handcuffing that prevents him from doing big FA contracts (although jeopardizing the future of the organization) or trading away future picks to move up in the draft. Pace is likely going to try and save his job and that may mean going all in for a playoff push next year that is likely the only way he saves it and if it costs the organization 2-3 seasons after, he either doesn't care because he will be gone or will be on a new extended contract after the playoff push and will deal with the ramifications of his job saving moves then. It just seems like a no-win to try and handcuff your lame duck GM's moves as you likely are just delaying the inevitable.

I agree with you trust me. I’m not saying what I think is a good course of action, just exposing what I think is going to happen. If I was making the decision I’d fire them all.