Ryan Pace only has his job because of Drew Brees and is the Adam Gase of GMs

Southside

Liked Posts:
The media laughs at Adam Gase because Peyton Manning go him a job, but why dont we say the same about Brees and Pace? How is Pace not the GM equivalent of Gase?

Let's be honest, the McCaskey's hired Ryan Pace philosophically because he came from an offensive minded franchise in New Orleans. Yet our offense is pure trash, we rely on defense to get bailed out, and we cant find a long term QB. He was supposed to come here and make the Bears the new Saints and find the next Drew Brees, so technically he rode Brees coattails just like how Manning made Gase a coach. The funny thing is, New Orleans didn't even draft Brees, Brees got hurt and San Diego did but gave up on him. So in actuality, New Orleans has no true track record of drafting QBs. Brees came to NO already with some NFL experience. Yet we gave Pace the keys to the kingdom just by being associated to another franchise who were fortunate to have Brees whom they themselves didnt even draft.

This guy Pace even compared Trubisky's skill set to Drew Brees in a press conference. Drew Brees!!!! The same Drew Brees who started 3 years at Purdue and has the all time record for BOTH passing yards and completions in the Big 10. The same Brees who is 2nd all time in touchdown passes in Big 10 history. This man Brees left college 20 years ago and still has numerous Big 10 records and this is who you compared a 1 year QB to?!?!?! Ryan Pace is just Adam Gase with a promotion and a suit and tie.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
George did the hire but he paid Ernie arkorsi for a list of gm candidates. The mccaskeys don’t know jack shit about football and didn’t know who the fuck pace was. He was just a name on a list. At the time arkorsi was pushing Ballard but George liked pace go figure lol

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Well Ernie also helped the lions get their current mess so who the fuck knows

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I will say, he'll ultimately be judged football-wise by the fruit of his labor. And that fruit hasn't looked very good overall.

There have been some good picks, and he does deserve credit for revitalizing the defense. But that's basically it. The sum total of his actions have resulted in the Bears missing the playoffs in every year he's been here other than one. We'll see what happens the rest of this season, but I'm not overly optimistic about his long-term prospects as Bears GM.

BobInIndy

Liked Posts:
I will say, he'll ultimately be judged football-wise by the fruit of his labor. And that fruit hasn't looked very good overall.

There have been some good picks, and he does deserve credit for revitalizing the defense. But that's basically it. The sum total of his actions have resulted in the Bears missing the playoffs in every year he's been here other than one. We'll see what happens the rest of this season, but I'm not overly optimistic about his long-term prospects as Bears GM.
I agree with everything above.
However, our revitalized defense comes with a significant cost. That cost required spending all kinds of cap space on the D at the expense of the O. Ballard added a phenomenal D and a very strong O.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
George did the hire but he paid Ernie arkorsi for a list of gm candidates. The mccaskeys don’t know jack shit about football and didn’t know who the fuck pace was. He was just a name on a list. At the time arkorsi was pushing Ballard but George liked pace go figure lol

Yeah I was on team Ballard. Credit to the McCaskey's for getting a consultant this time, they almost got it right.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
These posts make me laugh sometimes. Pace took over one of the worst rosters in the NFL. Ballard inherited Andrew Luck.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is what is called a meatball post

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
tenor.gif

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
Ballard inherited Andrew Luck.
Yep, then Luck quit on Ballard and the Colts. Let’s also not forget that Ballard had to deal with McDaniels leaving the Colts at the alter and then having to scramble to hire Frank Reich. Oh, and don’t mind the fact that Ryan Grigson destroyed that roster before Ballard took over.
Chris Ballard has done a phenomenal job rebuilding that franchise into a contender and doing it in shorter time than Ryan Pace has had with the Bears. And doing it at a higher rate of value when it comes to spending and the draft.

Chris Ballard has basically pants’ed Pace and the Bears with the job he’s done in Indy.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Take away 1985 and the Bears are a glorified, charter franchise version of the Lions, Browns, and Jets.

and that roster with no salary cap and free agency still at its infancy to worry about only won one ring. Huge fail yet Ditka and guys like McMahon are treated like gods in Chicago to this day, lol.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My biggest fear is that Pace is going to mortgage a bunch of picks in future years to make a move up for Fields or Lance and leave the next guy with little to work with.

That is what I would do.

Fields is a stud-I keep my job.

Fields sucks-I am not going to be here when the bill is due.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Chris Ballard has done a phenomenal job rebuilding that franchise into a contender and doing it in shorter time than Ryan Pace has had with the Bears.
This is Ballard's 4th season. The same season that Pace's defense exploded and the Bears reached the playoffs.

I am not saying Ballard is bad GM, not at all. But you are discrediting that Pace came in to a horrible roster and built a championship caliber defense as well, in a similar time frame.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
My biggest fear is that Pace is going to mortgage a bunch of picks in future years to make a move up for Fields or Lance and leave the next guy with little to work with.

Honestly I don't see the Bears giving him that much leeway. If we are picking a QB next season, that means Foles busted out this season, and hence Nagy is probably gone and if Pace survives that there is no way they let him mortgage the future at QB.

#FireEveryoneGeorge

Liked Posts:
This is Ballard's 4th season. The same season that Pace's defense exploded and the Bears reached the playoffs.

I am not saying Ballard is bad GM, not at all. But you are discrediting that Pace came in to a horrible roster and built a championship caliber defense as well, in a similar time frame.

Sure, Pace built a defense along with the help of a long-time defensive coaches John Fox and Vic Fangio.
Ballard has a team and head coach that can contend for the coming years thanks not only to his defense but also the great offensive line he’s built. I’d take the Colts offense everyday including Sunday over any offense that Nagy and Pace have put on the field. Let’s also not forget that Pace’s special teams, in particular, his kicker, is still a glaring weakness.

The Colts are in a far better situation than the Bears, heading forward...in fewer years than this Bears project.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ballard was an internal candidate which would have been blasted by local media and fans alike.

There are 2 main differences in the job each has done. Both were successful at overhauling the defense, you got to give Pace credit where due.

The 2 differences I see is Ballard overhauled the oline while Pace has neglected. And Pace has multiple swings at misses at QB where Ballard really hasn’t taken a swing. Unless you consider a over the hill Rivers which I don’t think you can say is a positive or negative yet.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
Sure, Pace built a defense along with the help of a long-time defensive coaches John Fox and Vic Fangio.
Ballard has a team and head coach that can contend for the coming years thanks not only to his defense but also the great offensive line he’s built. I’d take the Colts offense everyday including Sunday over any offense that Nagy and Pace have put on the field. Let’s also not forget that Pace’s special teams, in particular, his kicker, is still a glaring weakness.

The Colts are in a far better situation than the Bears, heading forward.

Colts fans should feel giddy after being in the playoffs just once in the last 5 years but as with anything, the expectations will rise. If they fail in the postseason during their championship window the fan base will eventually turn on the GM, Headcoach, Philip Rivers. That is the way of the NFL.

There are already a lot of Lamar Jackson doubters within the Baltimore fanbase after back to back one and outs. They still stinging from last years defeat after thoroughly dominating the regular season. If the Ravens fail again this year and Jackson continues his zero playoff wins streak, uh oh.

Lamar Jackson regular season, 49-10 Td/int ratio, 64pct pass completion
Lamar Jackson playoffs, 3-3 TD/Int ratio, 51pct pass completion

Jackson does another one and done with a meh performance, the fanbase will turn on him hard, LOL

Last edited: