Ryan Poles Bears GM Finalist

Canth

Liked Posts:

Twitter thread about Poles from Johnathan Wood. I think he highlights one of my big concerns with Poles in that it's getting pointed out how good some of the drafts in KC were - but they weren't when he was necessarily in a decision making position. No doubt he had key input, but how much of the draft results was him vs the people above him using his and other information? When he was in more of a decision making position for their drafting, their drafts were not as good and he was moved to the player personnel side.

I have no doubt the guy is great in interviews and it sounds like he has prepared very well for them. I guess I am still just a bit gun shy due to the Nagy/Pace deal where they were really good in the interview especially for their age and experience level, not so good in the actual job later...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Twitter thread about Poles from Johnathan Wood. I think he highlights one of my big concerns with Poles in that it's getting pointed out how good some of the drafts in KC were - but they weren't when he was necessarily in a decision making position. No doubt he had key input, but how much of the draft results was him vs the people above him using his and other information? When he was in more of a decision making position for their drafting, their drafts were not as good and he was moved to the player personnel side.

I have no doubt the guy is great in interviews and it sounds like he has prepared very well for them. I guess I am still just a bit gun shy due to the Nagy/Pace deal where they were really good in the interview especially for their age and experience level, not so good in the actual job later...
Didnt check the thread but this was my issue with Pace from the start. When he got more say, they got worse.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

can we count on George to do a deeper dive, IMO you ask some really great questions here.....when Pace was here it appeared he made final decision on who they drafted, it's entirely possible Pace was sold on Trubisky but the scouting staff weren't all in agreement. Poles has worked in the Chiefs org....so what...who have they drafted that he specifically vouched for or fought for, does he have the scouting "eye". I guess what I'm specifically concerned with is I read Ron Wolf talking about someone and he said certain guys have a knack for knowing if a draft prospect looks like they can play or not, does Poles have this? Has anyone vouched for it....the twitter thread about him gives me a tight sphincter and I'm afraid he might be a mistake. Organizing spread sheets in the front office BFD...we have interns at work who could do that, can he look at a group of players and select the right ones who will blossom on your team...it's black and white to me, yes guys are going to miss occasionally but the Bears have missed on 1st rounders quite a bit over the years.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Good way to get over the pain of firing Ryan Pace by hiring another guy named Ryan P.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
Honestly - this is enough for me to love this move. FIX THE O-LINE!
Like this wouldn't be an initiative of literally any and every GM candidate I mean are you kidding me you literally go all in on every rumour from the da bears blog like in the future when any of those things come true you can say you were calling it all along it's literally obvious to anyone who reads the spam that you post in here hahahahahahaha!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

he got fat. Been hanging out with Andy Reid too much

Toast88

Liked Posts:
21 members of Chiefs front office get their pictures and bios prominent displayed on the top of their website under "Front Office Staff". Ryan Poles is not one of them. What's up with that?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean, maybe if we hire Ryan Poles, maybe he's the right guy to FTP...