Ryan Poles emphasizes Chicago Bears will help Justin Fields “succeed”

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He’s had plenty of actions. Just because you don’t like them doesn’t make them non-actions.
again maybe you should actually read my original post, I literally talked about his actions and how they do not match his words.. Are you quoting the right person here? because your replies to my post makes no sense

Visionman

Liked Posts:
again maybe you should actually read my original post, I literally talked about his actions and how they do not match his words.. Are you quoting the right person here? because your replies to my post makes no sense
And again, that’s YOUR interpretation of his words. Because YOU don’t approve of the actions so far…

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If you listen to Poles you would know that in his and the staffs opinion, the answer is yes. In addition they felt there was starting level talent for OL deep into the draft.

As for FA. He said he is active. But we are not privy to terms. So if a FA is mediocre but asking for the moon in $ and term which could effect the cap and hinder plans for next year when Bears have more cap and their may be better options, then it orobably will not happen and we msy never know about it and that he tried. There are hundreds of discussions and negotistions we never hear about. But concluding nothing is happening is wrong.
obviously he thought the players he picked was the BPA otherwise he wouldnt of picked them. And him saying that is meaningless because what is he supposed to say? "yeah there was a WR we had higher on the board but picked a S because fields was not my pick so fuck him"

Taking BPA is really how you build a team, BUT developing a QB is how you are a contender for the next 15 years. So Yeah if there was generational talent on D vs just another guy then sure.. But if there was a WR or OL on the board that was close to the talent of either the CB or S he picked then you take the guys that develops the most important position in the sport.

He didnt so either he is an idiot, there was a huge gap, or he really doesnt think Fields is the answer so no point in taking a slightly less player on offense because he will draft "his QB" next year anyway.

My point was his actions are all that matters, another Coach talking out his ass is pointless. Him saying I'm all in on Fields is meaningless unless you actual back it up with actions and give this kid an actual chance with some weapons.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
And again, that’s YOUR interpretation of his words. Because YOU don’t approve of the actions so far…
He said one thing and did something else.. that was my point.. A point that seemed to go WAY over your head.

"Actions speak louder then words" is pretty self explanatory on the meaning of my post. No idea why you're so confused

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:
Yes we do need more help in WR and OL. Almost everyone unanimously agrees.

Where people are differing is approach. Many just think the final comprehensive solution was not the day one picks.

To question your percieved and steadfast belief that the day one draftpicks would have solved the offensive holes,

How is a 2nd round OL or WR that is not a surefire contributer in their first year going to protect Fields if you have concluded our 2nd round pick from last year (Jenkins) , who has some exp under his belt, will not be successful in protecting Fields?

How big of a dropoff in talent were the available WRs and Jones in the 3rd? Who?

Which OL and WR that were available do you think would have walked in the first year and become top players immediatley to acheive the goal of protecting Fields?

Do you think we have 4 good starters on OL? In context how is prospect picked kutside of the 1st round going to lift up an entire line?

Do you think Mooney is a solid 2 WR? Can Pringle and WR we got from GB can be 3WRs? Would a WR taken a bit earkier than Jones going makeup that big of a difference when our hole is a 1WR or at least another 2WR?

The point I want to make is that the draft this year is not going to solve all the Bears problems. Fixing the Bears will not be achieved in a single moment, but rather a culmination of many moments over thr next 2 to 3 years.

Finally, the thing that is most important of all to achieve your goal
is the existing young players need to take a step up. If they do not, then bringing in few good players will not make enough of a difference next year and the rebuild will be more like 4 to 6 years. Football is a team game so your hypothetical two 2nd round picks are not going to move the needle in one year if you think the existing team sucks so bad.
I didn't read most of that but I was talking a few proven free agents this had nothing to do with the draft. I liked most of our draft picks build up the defense but also adding a few proven free agents to take the pressure off fields would be nice. Maybe poles still plans to there's a few good players still out there and who will be released. I just don't wanna see fields take a beating all season then hear he's a bust because we set him up to fail.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way any GM could undo the damage from seven years of Pace in one off season. No way this team could be made into a winner in one off season.

Fans may reasonably debate whether Poles' priorities or specific moves have been correct so far - after all that is the whole reason for this board to exist. However to say he is signalling he wants to move on from Fields is speculative at best and frankly stupid at worst.

CCS tries to push everyone into taking a side so they can attack each other and that is just boring as fuck. I'm not pro Poles or anti Poles. I'm gonna wait more than five seconds before I decide he's the best thing since Jim Finks or the worst since Phil Emery.

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
a Special person baby of Amber Heard and Johnny Depp would look 10 times better than you and your massive back mammaries and probably produce more original football thoughts than you.

Must be nice pretending to have half the board on ignore because then you never have to debate anyone smarter than you and you can just ignore their proof of how many times you've had strong opinions on teams and players you've proven to not even watch or know anything about. just regurgitate your favorite homer Bears super fan accounts and ignore real journalists :ROFLMAO:

Also 20,000 tweets at Tom Macdonald and he hasnt replied to one hahahaha
I’ve seen your posts. I don’t think debate means what you think it means.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
It’s like people have no clue that a good defense greatly helps a young QB. It allows the offense to focus on the run, which opens up the play action and deep shots. That is Fields game.

No matter who the OL or WRs are, you don’t want your QB constantly playing from behind needing to throw with a defense gunning for him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s like people have no clue that a good defense greatly helps a young QB. It allows the offense to focus on the run, which opens up the play action and deep shots. That is Fields game.

No matter who the OL or WRs are, you don’t want your QB constantly playing from behind needing to throw with a defense gunning for him.
It's so strange how you seem to be more of a fanboy of whoever the Bear GM is than the actual team and players they put out there. Why was it so easy to transition from caping for and coping over PACE who gets FIRED and then you're all up on top of Pole's bellhead?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Apologies if I don’t remember this interaction in its entirety because I argue with a lot of randoms.

Are you the guy who made a claim about poles, I asked for an example of it and in 5 posts you managed to not give a single example that applied to what you were claiming?

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
Youre a bears homer and that’s okay. Not much in your post makes sense and I don’t feel like going through it. However, yes you have a greater chance of hitting on a WR the higher you go in the draft. There have been many all star wide receivers picked in the second rounds and later in drafts. So yes, I think it’s very likely one of the second round receivers picked is going to turn into a number 1 or at least a very good number 2. That player can help Fields take necessary steps in year 2, and also help replace Mooney when his contract is up for renewal, let Mooney go to the number 3 WR, or be a number 1 as many second round WR do.

Final thought - if Fields plays as bad this year as last year with arguably worse talent on offense around him, then there’s a chance he’s either ruined or the Bears move on if they have a high pick. You can’t just go full bears football and let your quarterback get murdered with no one to throw to and no offensive line, and expect he’s just going to magically improve. That can ruin a QB as we have seen many talented QB’s ruined before by terrible organizations. It’s not really good enough to just say, if the QB is any good, he will overcome our historically terrible organization. That’s not how it has to be, just because the GM wants to nerd out on the defensive picks.
You answered none of the questions. If you pick through all history there were players picked in all rounds that succeeded. But that is the scouts job to discern whether they felt the available WRs had that potential. They did not think so. So who? Give a name. Realy i am interested. Whi h available WR do you think would be good enough this year to change Fields tide from getting murdered to thriving?

rayer kay

Liked Posts:
obviously he thought the players he picked was the BPA otherwise he wouldnt of picked them. And him saying that is meaningless because what is he supposed to say? "yeah there was a WR we had higher on the board but picked a S because fields was not my pick so fuck him"

Taking BPA is really how you build a team, BUT developing a QB is how you are a contender for the next 15 years. So Yeah if there was generational talent on D vs just another guy then sure.. But if there was a WR or OL on the board that was close to the talent of either the CB or S he picked then you take the guys that develops the most important position in the sport.

He didnt so either he is an idiot, there was a huge gap, or he really doesnt think Fields is the answer so no point in taking a slightly less player on offense because he will draft "his QB" next year anyway.

My point was his actions are all that matters, another Coach talking out his ass is pointless. Him saying I'm all in on Fields is meaningless unless you actual back it up with actions and give this kid an actual chance with some weapons.
Do not disagree with it. But to me it is logical that it was that he felt there was not ewuivalent level of talent on offense in the 2nd. It seems a lot less logical that he would stubbornly refuse to draft someone eho would start at WR and help Fields excel next year. How does it make sense that he would shoot himself in the foot on purpose? Because he hates offense? Fields is on a leash just like any other player to pèform. Of he does not then sure Poles will move on. But i just do not dee any motive for Poles to sabtage the team. Its tin foil helmet thought.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Do not disagree with it. But to me it is logical that it was that he felt there was not ewuivalent level of talent on offense in the 2nd. It seems a lot less logical that he would stubbornly refuse to draft someone eho would start at WR and help Fields excel next year. How does it make sense that he would shoot himself in the foot on purpose? Because he hates offense? Fields is on a leash just like any other player to pèform. Of he does not then sure Poles will move on. But i just do not dee any motive for Poles to sabtage the team. Its tin foil helmet thought.
For your logic to make sense you have to say that Poles thought that the third rounder was better than every second round WR available. He absolutely objectively is not. So he took low value positions that have absolutely no bearing on the long term success of the team. The only player that matters for long term success of the bears is Fields. If he busts then everything else won’t matter and these guys will be resetting in a couple years anyway, maybe with a really good cornerback and safety. The bears will suck this year no matter what Poles did, so the only goal of the year is to develop/improve Fields and make sure he has what’s needed to succeed. All Poles did was go net negative on the offense and all I’m hearing from the biggest Bears propaganda arm (the fans) is that the magic fairy dust from the coaching staff is improvement enough - heard that before - and that Fields must succeed with shit around him to prove he’s truly elite

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah anyone with a brain who's not a troll can immediately peg him as soon as they read a few of his posts. ???

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For your logic to make sense you have to say that Poles thought that the third rounder was better than every second round WR available. He absolutely objectively is not. So he took low value positions that have absolutely no bearing on the long term success of the team. The only player that matters for long term success of the bears is Fields. If he busts then everything else won’t matter and these guys will be resetting in a couple years anyway, maybe with a really good cornerback and safety. The bears will suck this year no matter what Poles did, so the only goal of the year is to develop/improve Fields and make sure he has what’s needed to succeed. All Poles did was go net negative on the offense and all I’m hearing from the biggest Bears propaganda arm (the fans) is that the magic fairy dust from the coaching staff is improvement enough - heard that before - and that Fields must succeed with shit around him to prove he’s truly elite

Note @rayer kay - he did not answer your question.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Calling him an idiot for stating that our O line and WR are less than good? Come on man. If you are shallow enough to think Poles has supported Fields or the O line and WR core is on par with the average NFL team then I have nothing for you.

Are you one of those that blindly support everyone? LOL. Be objective.
This is early May, I would tend to wait and see if Poles adds anyone to the OL or WR's the Bears already have.

As for if Poles is giving Fields enough support this year is on a par with the average NFL team. I would use last years Patriots as an example. I would say that the 2021 Patriots WR room of Meyers, Agholor, and Bourne was less that what the Bears currently have. That the OL with 1 first round pick and the other 4 taken between rounds 4 to 7 on paper did not look good enough to protect a rookie QB. NE was strong on the other side of the ball though which led to a wildcard spot.

In your opinion is this being objective enough?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Actions speak louder than words..
Getting the QB right is the most important part of the modern NFL. So what did Poles do to help develop fields? Not a whole lot..

So why? Is Poles just another Bears GM that is an idiot?

Was there a HUGE difference between the D players he picked vs the offense weapons that where on the board?

Or does Poles not really have faith in fields?
When you misspelled WERE, should you be calling anyone an idiot?