Ryan Poles emphasizes Chicago Bears will help Justin Fields “succeed”

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. So we have a bears fan turned lions fan and vice versa. Kinda reminds me of a joke by brian regan when you see log tucks passing each other on the road going in opposite directions.

“If you got logs over there….and you got logs over there…….”.

Maybe a bad comparison but I’ve been drinking some good ol whiskey waiting for this ufc ppv to start so meh.
Noo…a Lions fan turned Bears fan and a Lions troll…

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I can't say I was happy that was going to be the big FA signing - especially after he had talked about his signings to likely be the 2nd wave. In a vacuum, I could understand it as the 3 tech position is hugely important to this particular brand of defense. I would have preferred offensive line or a FA WR as his first attempted signing.

As it turns out, he did basically make no big FA signing as he had indicated initially would be the case. At least he didn't compound it by signing the injured DT anyway.

One interesting note on this draft's WR class - on one of the recent podcasts I listened to, they pointed out that there were actually a substantially lower than normal number of Day 3 WR's drafted this year. Speculation was it was a combination of not much depth to the class, but also that guys were potentially over-drafted on Days 1 and 2 leading to slimmer pickings on Day 3. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in the next couple of years.

I will say that Poles has not really reached for anyone in terms of value paid for player acquired given the market. The WR market in particular went nuts due in part to the Jaguars massive overpay to Kirk. But, there were a few deals out there, like Chark to DET, that had me go...why couldn't the Bears have done that? Unless they were scared away by the medicals after getting burned on the Ogunjobi medical?

At any rate, Poles has been cautious to start - and likely too cautious as it pertains to surrounding Fields with better talent. But in doing so, the hope is the team will be in a better overall position in 2023+.
I want to clarify that that wasn't me bashing him going after a 3T. It's just tiresome hearing about how there's no resources for anything on offense but there was for D. Its this very convenient detail that the homers keep leaving out.

Who knows about the draft depth. Maybe they're taking less chances on day 3 guys when there seems to be so many quality prospects in day 1 and 2 year after year. Very weird year overall with the covid prospects. Draft has none of that generational top talent but was overall more talented. Not of teams went WR day 1 and 2 so maybe there wasn't that need in day 3 in such a draft.

Agreed on Chark. would have liked to hear they were in the mix.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Maybe Poles is banking on the D leading the league in turnovers, so the offense can have 3 and outs?

On paper, the offense looks shaky(sans RB), Hopefully the OL will look decent with the 15498413212 3rd day draft picks we used

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe Poles is banking on the D leading the league in turnovers, so the offense can have 3 and outs?

On paper, the offense looks shaky(sans RB), Hopefully the OL will look decent with the 15498413212 3rd day draft picks we used
Bears being built to win and/or lose games 16-13. Never seen this movie before!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Bears being built to win and/or lose games 16-13. Never seen this movie before!
Rex is still our quartaback tho

And we win in all 3 phases(so Brad, you better punt well)

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rex is still our quartaback tho

And we win in all 3 phases(so Brad, you better punt well)
Well they did draft a returner in the third round. I heard he might be able to play some WR too if he learns the playbook within the next 6 years.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well they did draft a returner in the third round. I heard he might be able to play some WR too if he learns the playbook within the next 6 years.
So he's like a rich man's Bobby Wade

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or, once again, the team is not in a good place with money or cap, so he can't just throw it all at one player to make all you Marys feel better. To say he hasn't brought in WRS and OL is just a lie that the dopes around here keep pushing.

To break it down so maybe even you idiots can understand, if you only had $20 left until next week's paycheck, you wouldn't go out and buy an $18 pizza tonight. You'd hit up a Dollar Store and get by on food that's not as good, but it will get you by until you get paid.

I will give you a crash course in salary cap 101

It can be manipulated in such a way a FA that is signed has minimal cap implications this year, and the majority of cap hit is later years (hint hint, they have a lot of cap next year).

next excuse?

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
True fans never find another team.

True fans don't give their time, money or excuses to a team or enable them to be this bad. True fans want their team to win. Obviously what the Bears are doing doesn't work so true fans want the team's plan to change into what works for many other teams.
You're not just excusing a losing team, you are demanding they continue to be a losing team. That is not a true fan.
How many times do you need to see this repeat before you can predict the outcome?

The OL has already been loaded up on. Make sure to take your alts and friends with you when you go…

Wow, you can actually type and not just communicate with your passive aggressive dislikes? Although your unfounded paranoia about alts proves that passive aggressive is the least of your mental health issues.
The oline being loaded up on with 6s & 7s is the perennial problem, you pinhead.

Whether or not we get some gems in the low rounds doesn't matter. The value the Bears are STILL putting on protecting the QB is a 6th & 7th value in spite of our new GM coming in stating otherwise.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
True fans don't give their time, money or excuses to a team or enable them to be this bad. True fans want their team to win. Obviously what the Bears are doing doesn't work so true fans want the team's plan to change into what works for many other teams.
You're not just excusing a losing team, you are demanding they continue to be a losing team. That is not a true fan.
How many times do you need to see this repeat before you can predict the outcome?

Wow, you can actually type and not just communicate with your passive aggressive dislikes? Although your unfounded paranoia about alts proves that passive aggressive is the least of your mental health issues.
The oline being loaded up on with 6s & 7s is the perennial problem, you pinhead.

Whether or not we get some gems in the low rounds doesn't matter. The value the Bears are STILL putting on protecting the QB is a 6th & 7th value in spite of our new GM coming in stating otherwise.
Lol. “Doesn’t matter if the players have talent or not. They weren’t drafted in the 1st round so Poles sucks!”

Great take.

• Dislike
Reactions: Myk

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is most likely another MJY alt.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Lol. “Doesn’t matter if the players have talent or not. They weren’t drafted in the 1st round so Poles sucks!”

Great take.

If they were highly talented they'd likely be gone by the 3rd.
I don't care to hear your excuses or rationalizations about how some 7th rounder somewhere was a great. If that's the case then I guess we need to stop having BPA magically always be defense. Get your defensive BPA in the 7th. We're a good defensive team, we're supposed to be able to do that. We're not a good offense, we need all the obvious help we can get.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they were highly talented they'd likely be gone by the 3rd.
I don't care to hear your excuses or rationalizations about how some 7th rounder somewhere was a great. If that's the case then I guess we need to stop having BPA magically always be defense. Get your defensive BPA in the 7th. We're a good defensive team, we're supposed to be able to do that. We're not a good offense, we need all the obvious help we can get.

we are not a good defensive team

especially in the secondary. dont know what you were watching

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

They would have been a serviceable defense last season if the offense was productive. The defense sounded good on paper but showed us they can’t hang.

Reactions: Myk

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They would have been a serviceable defense last season if the offense was productive. The defense sounded good on paper but showed us they can’t hang.

The Steelers and 9ers losses both came at the hands of the defense giving it up at the end. Outside of Jaylon, opposing QBs did whatever they wanted to our secondary. It was pretty bad

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Historically. You know, the whole reason Bears fans can't accept the fact that rules have changed.