Ryan Poles failed to find Justin Fields a stud in 2022 NFL draft

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
It’sa fact he did not get fields help, that’s not saying anyone sucks. In fact most of the people I’ve seen saying he got no help are happy with the draft, in general, besides the fact that he hasn’t done much for fields.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
I think what you mean is that he didn't bring in some huge name, big cap hits that look sexy on paper. He has brought in a ton of new players to see what they got, just not the overpriced variety.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I didn’t mind the 2nd round picks. Bears need help in a lot of places and if the board said secondary so be it. Don’t see how anyone could argue that they don’t need to upgrade that area after last season.

What he should have done is mended the fence with ARob, that contract he signed is very reasonable and if he was still here and focused it would make a huge difference. Poles himself said the best thing for a 2nd year qb is a dynamic bailout wr but has failed to deliver one to Chicago. Plenty of time to go but this has to be the top priority.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what you mean is that he didn't bring in some huge name, big cap hits that look sexy on paper. He has brought in a ton of new players to see what they got, just not the overpriced variety.
No that’s not what I meant at all. I was against signing any WR. But thanks for missing the point.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just don't care for bias. Here's his take another pick where he makes a big deal about the RAS score.

Take a look at VJJ's never mentioned RAS score.

Are we saying it like “VeeJ Jay’s”? Like, is this his new CCS nickname?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Quite frankly, the eternal pessimism of the dick rippers around here is a problem. It’s hard to talk football with all the irrational hate.
Honest question. Who cares about the dick rippers? There's always going to be a blend of pessimism and optimism in any fanbase. Just ignore them and move on. No one is proving anyone right or wrong for at least a year or two. Trying to make people see things your way is wasted energy and effort. Engage with the rational and disregard the rest of it.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honest question. Who cares about the dick rippers? There's always going to be a blend of pessimism and optimism in any fanbase. Just ignore them and move on. No one is proving anyone right or wrong for at least a year or two. Trying to make people see things your way is wasted energy and effort. Engage with the rational and disregard the rest of it.
Ban anyone who disagrees with me

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
scooped

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are we saying it like “VeeJ Jay’s”? Like, is this his new CCS nickname?
I am but I'd probably pussy out if he was standing in front of me.:LOL:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So… I’m not here to rip any dicks… and I’m only at the level of “annoyed” right now.

That being said, before the draft, my feelings were idgaf if they take all offensive players and the defense is 32nd in the league next year. We weren’t going to win much anyways. Why not build around Fields in a down year? High draft picks ensure even better talent next year for a top OT and then a defense heavy draft/bpa approach. Anything to give him the feeling that we have the utmost confidence in him.

Would you rather we lose 10 to 23 every game or 31 to 35? Would Fields develop faster if he plays in shootouts every game? Or by having him play in a run heavy conservative system with about 18- 25 pass attempts a game? Me personally, I care more about seeing the highly regarded talent of Justin Fields every Sunday, than I do anything else on this team. He is the most exciting player on the team and should be the focal point.

I’m reserving final judgement until after the season is in full swing and I see what the offense looks like.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Firing Nagy gives them wins automatically. Basic, competent, complimentary football designed and built around the strengths of the players should be good for some wins. The secondary went from shit to pretty damn good in one draft. As long as we evaluate Fields with the knowledge of the level of talent he is working with and see his obvious rookie mistakes cleaned up I'd be satisfied with that.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saw the product
did you expect something different when its year 1 of a rebuild and they had the most dead cap? the win was always Fields showing progression. The talent will be added when there is cap to spend and more picks to use

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
So fr this year we have been in every single game except for one, I record could easily be flipped in a year if we get the right players in.