Ryan Poles "For The Record" Registry

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I like to think Polian would have seen through Pace back in 2015. I also like to think that Polian was the one in the room that learned the most from the 15 GM candidate interviews, and was the most listened-to guy in the room. The process gave them Poles, who was supposedly coveted by the Vikings, and was a finalist fo the NY job. I'm optimistic about Poles.

Not crazy about the three head coaching "finalists." I'll feel much better about Poles if he brings more people in and hires one of his own guys. Would love to pair Daboll up with Justin.
I agree, Daboll would be a home run.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Yes but - are you a yes or no, hopefully he has a few years to prove it one way or another.
The guys been here 20 mins is 36 and we're supposed to make a judgment if he'll succeed or fail over the next 3-8 years?

GTFO

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ryan pace came in with a quarter of the talent Ryan poles has just inherited.
Ryan paces downfall was sticking to the same madness of methods in FA kept putting our Cap in the shitter also keeping the wrong players and paying those that don’t deserve it it happened late in his career ex: the 3 qbs we had…. Cohen and keeping trevathan. Also not resigning gold…

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The single thread for the HC & GM searches rumors & comments seemed to work out pretty
well with over 100K contributions. Keeping that mostly in one place.

So this is for Ryan Poles and if you think he will be a "success" in his new role as GM.

We, all at various times like to predict, brag etc. about various opinions or predictions and how they
will workout or who will win the big game.
At times there are arguments on this board about who said what, when so please post your opinion
on whether the Bears got the right guy this time and down the road in a few years we can see who was
right or who was wrong.

You can say a simple YES or NO or add a bunch of qualifiers but you must give a clear opinion one way or the other.
For the record all in one place!
** Is there a way to have the mods save this thread for future argument settlements or discussions?
I'm a YES!
Yes.

As long as he is honest with himself and who he is. He needs to know his limits and put guys in charge that can fill in his gaps so he can do what he does best.

He needs to stay the CEO course and report only to George.

I feel that we are on our way to being a powerhouse in the NFC, but there's also a chance that it all goes bust and the Bears continue on their ways. If that happens, we will all be back here in a few more years saying off with their heads!

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I still doubt it's the same Omelet, has the same avatar from CBMB, after changing it from Butkus (good pic of him, standing over the guy like Ali).

(We all know its a creepy stalker troll account ;) )

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of us know for certain, you are an educated football guy with lot's of good posts, so take the plunge for the record - yes or no?

My feeling is he will be very good. I do think the Bears are really trying to do the right thing. Personally , I would rather become the 49ers than the Chiefs, or even the 2006 Bears, or for that matter the 2018 Bears. I think there was a big push for meatballs like me to never mention the 85 Bears on here.

I would rather win 24-10 than 42-36. But just because he comes from the Chiefs organization that doesn't mean he is a 42-36 guy anyway. He did originally come from the Bears ?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
My feeling is he will be very good. I do think the Bears are really trying to do the right thing. Personally , I would rather become the 49ers than the Chiefs, or even the 2006 Bears, or for that matter the 2018 Bears. I think there was a big push for meatballs like me to never mention the 85 Bears on here.

I would rather win 24-10 than 42-36. But just because he comes from the Chiefs organization that doesn't mean he is a 42-36 guy anyway. He did originally come from the Bears ?
Thank you,

mecha

Liked Posts:
I still doubt it's the same Omelet, has the same avatar from CBMB, after changing it from Butkus (good pic of him, standing over the guy like Ali).
yeah, you're not a new member if you know anything about CBMB. are you BearsMod0707?

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Poles will be good by default. Justin Fields is about to level up and carry the franchise for the next 10+ years.. any gm/coach/owner is gonna be saturated with the guuds of justins wake

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I'm going to wait and see who he hires as a head coach, if he picks one of these DC's off of the McCaskey/Teddy list it's going to be a no for me.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You wait until its clear and then claim you called someone something when they were hired.

How about you step out now on Ryan Poles?
All you do is piggyback off of DBB opinions. Ommy, as shitty as he is, is at least his own poster.

Digging into CCS past, he definitely did say Pace was shit years before it was clear.

Now go back to stalking dbb's twitter and wait for your next opinion.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ryan pace came in with a quarter of the talent Ryan poles has just inherited.
Ryan paces downfall was sticking to the same madness of methods in FA kept putting our Cap in the shitter also keeping the wrong players and paying those that don’t deserve it it happened late in his career ex: the 3 qbs we had…. Cohen and keeping trevathan. Also not resigning gold…
Here we go! Already built in excuses just in case Poles ends up being a better GM.

Also, to say Pace inherited a team with a quarter of the talent is bullshit.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Here we go! Already built in excuses just in case Poles ends up being a better GM.

Also, to say Pace inherited a team with a quarter of the talent is bullshit.

It didnt help the talent base when Pace was 'told' to reload with Kevin White.. Grasu will push musTURD next year, too right