Ryan Poles "For The Record" Registry

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me it is all about relativity to other GM's. I think Pace made some massive blunders with Nagy and Mitch. But in the end he left at about middle of the pack for GM's, somewhere between top 15-20.

I think success means an improvement on that and I think Poles will do that, so that we can have a top 10 GM, as opposed to hovering in top 20.

I also think the landscape of the NFC is working out well for the Bears. The elite young QBs (Mahomes, Allen, Herbert) are mostly in the AFC. WE have Payton retiring, Rodgers and Brady on the way out, and our division pretty weak for the taking.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At this point I’d settle for people giving him even one…
How many posters aren't giving him one besides a couple bitter Pace fanboys and Ommy, the most obvious troll on CCS?

Do you have the balls to answer me or am i back on fake ignore? @nvanprooyen @Penny Traitor can someone ask this coward the same question for me? Thanks.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Too early for me to say he will be a success, but I like what I see early now that we have a draft under our belts.

I like how he approached it and the explanations given. So long as the picks work out, I see this as a very encouraging sign.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's completely fair for someone to say we know so very little at this point, so why bother being critical of any moves yet---Let's just let it play out.

That's a completely reasonable take.

But it's also completely fair to give an honest assessment in real-time, and for that assessment to be critical.

I and others have been honest that we don't like the current approach. That's fine. We're not GMs, and we could be completely wrong and Poles become a great GM, and we look back at this offseason as a big part of Poles' ultimate success. That'd be awesome. I just don't think that's actually going to happen.

Here's the deal:

If Poles fails, we'll probably look back at this offseason as one of the early indicators that he didn't know what he was doing.

If Fields fails, or if he spends a bunch of the upcoming season running for his life, getting pummeled, and looking downfield at perpetually-covered receivers, we'll probably look back at this offseason and say, "Why the fuck didn't Poles give him more protection and weapons?"

Yes, it's too early to say definitively. That's true. But there are signs here. And if Poles and/or Fields fail, people will say hindsight's 20/20, but that's not true---There are people right here, right now, who are saying, "Hey guys, this is concerning." And even when presented reasonably and with respect, we're cussed at and called idiots. I'll refrain from the name-calling, but I have to be honest about my issues with this offseason.

And for the record, I'd love to be wrong. It would be some great-tasting crow.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still nothing definitive but im leaning more towards being out on Poles than i was when this thread was created. No one talked about how void of talent this team was more than me. I still don't see it as an excuse to completely sit on your hands when it comes to offense while always spending your best resources on D.

So far i think its very easy for people to say Poles is doing a good job. With very little on this roster, he could have went many ways in the draft and still look like the patient smart guy. We've already seen him get a ton of credit for cutting players of the Pace regime. People acted like this isn't something that pace did too.

From the looks of it, Poles is going to get at least 2.5 years of cupcake phase with this fanbase.
UPDATE:

Completely out.