Ryan Poles "For The Record" Registry

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It didnt help the talent base when Pace was 'told' to reload with Kevin White.. Grasu will push musTURD next year, too right
Yes Pace was forced to get rid of the best group of skill position talent the Bears have ever had and was told to draft a project WR, then a project DE, then a project QB. Damn you George!

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
The single thread for the HC & GM searches rumors & comments seemed to work out pretty
well with over 100K contributions. Keeping that mostly in one place.

So this is for Ryan Poles and if you think he will be a "success" in his new role as GM.

We, all at various times like to predict, brag etc. about various opinions or predictions and how they
will workout or who will win the big game.
At times there are arguments on this board about who said what, when so please post your opinion
on whether the Bears got the right guy this time and down the road in a few years we can see who was
right or who was wrong.

You can say a simple YES or NO or add a bunch of qualifiers but you must give a clear opinion one way or the other.
For the record all in one place!
** Is there a way to have the mods save this thread for future argument settlements or discussions?
I'm a YES!
I say no. I wanted someone with a track record not another learning on the job first timer. We will be back here in 4 years or less. I predict this turns out poorly. ONly way it works out is if Justin becomes one of those guys that can just carry your offense MVP level qb who basically saves the franchise. Regretably i dont think that happens. I say this fails and we are mediocre at best over the next 5 years.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Here we go! Already built in excuses just in case Poles ends up being a better GM.

Also, to say Pace inherited a team with a quarter of the talent is bullshit.
thats why you're Special person.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
thats why you're Special person.
Feel free to back your claims up or completely go back into hide mode like when you claimed how good Pace was in the later rounds compared to the rest of the NFL.

And you've still never touched a women :*(

greg23

Liked Posts:
I say no. I wanted someone with a track record not another learning on the job first timer. We will be back here in 4 years or less. I predict this turns out poorly. ONly way it works out is if Justin becomes one of those guys that can just carry your offense MVP level qb who basically saves the franchise. Regretably i dont think that happens. I say this fails and we are mediocre at best over the next 5 years.
At this point, this is the outcome with the highest probability

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Statistically speaking, it's very unlikely that Poles will succeed.

That said, I'm not like some on this board, who are simply interested in whether they can pull out a #CalledIt

It’s perfectly fine to be optimistic about a bright, young hire and give him the benefit of the doubt, even if none of us truly know whether he will succeed.

I hope like hell he does, though.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think either he will if he devotes the little resources he has towards the offense and hires an Offensive minded coach i.e. Daboll and have success. However, If he turns out to be a yes man and hire from the list that was giving to him and lets that Coach makes suggestions as to want to do, we will see the same old as we are used to.

Short answer is if passes on all the coaches that are the "finalist" then i believe in him. If he hires one of these bums then he's probably a bum himself.

Username

Liked Posts:
I wasn't impressed with the Pace hire, but ANYTHING I was better than Emery. I didn't like the Nagy hire.
I think Poles has a good chance to be as mediocre as Pace, but hopefully more on the high end of it.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Yes, but he will grow into it. Expect plenty of mistakes Ryan Pace style. He is young and inexperienced as a front office person. His eye for talent will hopefully get us there in the end but there is a learning curve we will have to deal with.
Why do we have to expect Ryan Pace style mistakes? Maybe Pace was just incompetent?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yes Pace was forced to get rid of the best group of skill position talent the Bears have ever had and was told to draft a project WR, then a project DE, then a project QB. Damn you George!
Did you see how Marshall did after the bears? 1 more 1k yard season then squat after that. Jeffery got paid and never performed like he did in Chicago. Marty bennnett? Not a good lockeroom guy and only had 1 decent season after Chicago then nada.

you can criticize pace for a lot, but I don’t think moving on from those guys is one of em. Actually was pretty good foresight. Both Marshall and Bennett also were poor culture guys who soon fell off a cliff.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Did you see how Marshall did after the bears? 1 more 1k yard season then squat after that. Jeffery got paid and never performed like he did in Chicago. Marty bennnett? Not a good lockeroom guy and only had 1 decent season after Chicago then nada.

you can criticize pace for a lot, but I don’t think moving on from those guys is one of em. Actually was pretty good foresight. Both Marshall and Bennett also were poor culture guys who soon fell off a cliff.
I dont want to hear about Culture. Not with Ryan Pace and his zero accountability regime. Not with his hand picked HC who (insert recent Adam Jahns Athletic article). Not with players who would lash out on beat reporters and fans. Guys taking swings on the field. Your veteran WR dogging it week after week. For all of the culture talk over the past 4 years, it was complete bs.

Sure, maybe it was good foresight. Maybe it was dumb luck. But his plan that followed didn't bear fruit. That skill position group at that time was better than the one Pace left Poles.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guys been here 20 mins is 36 and we're supposed to make a judgment if he'll succeed or fail over the next 3-8 years?

GTFO
get your #calledit in now while you can

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
i feel a blog coming
MV5BMjM5ODIwODM4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTk5MDIwMjE@._V1_.jpg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I dont want to hear about Culture. Not with Ryan Pace and his zero accountability regime. Not with his hand picked HC who (insert recent Adam Jahns Athletic article). Not with players who would lash out on beat reporters and fans. Guys taking swings on the field. Your veteran WR dogging it week after week. For all of the culture talk over the past 4 years, it was complete bs.

Sure, maybe it was good foresight. Maybe it was dumb luck. But his plan that followed didn't bear fruit. That skill position group at that time was better than the one Pace left Poles.
Your last sentence I agree with. I still think moving on from marsh, Marty, and Jeffery was the right move, whether by dumb luck or keen foresight.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If he can fix pace fuck ups he will become a legend. Definitely don’t see anything happening in next few years. Maybe after year 3 if he cleans up pace cap and draft pick issues