Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah just hire a black OC and he won’t get a job for a while. It’s a pathetic league I need to take a shower typing this but am I lying?
2 of the 3 GM hires are black. Not debating that some franchises have bias but there should be enough opportunities for good candidates. If Vikings and Bears hires white HCs…

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
But if it is a great hire of an OC and he brings the Bears passing game out of the 1970's, he will likely get a job lol.
Didn't that exact thing happen with Pep and Luck/Herbert and the only HC job he could get was in the XFL? Just saying.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The McCaskey's own the Bears. So yes they get to decide who will run the Bears.
Why are you responding if this stupidity is all you can come up with? Why are the McCaskeys who know nothing about football making the decision? why are they hiring at GM to pick between the finalists they’ve chosen? Instead of Poles picking the finalists. And who is to say Poles is really even picking the coach? They already muddled with the whole process so it’s completely plausible they ultimately decide and Poles other than getting to interview the guys and state his opinion doesn’t actually have the final say. That’s the question. Thanks for informing me though the the owners can do what they want. Who would have known?

I mean seriously, what a freaking stupid response.

me: why are the owners who know nothing about football making all these decisions about football related stuff? It’s dumb

remy: Because they’re the owners. ITS THEIR RIGHT!!!!

either you’re just arguing to argue or you’re completely missing the point. How you’re missing the point is confusing though. It’s right in front of you.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
This is pretty stupid as it sort of applies to any Defensive HC when talking about OC.

No it doesn’t. Maybe in some fantasy world you’ve created in your head where offense is all that matters. Not in reality though.

Bill Belichick is a defensive head coach. Is he only as good as his offensive coordinator?

If Bill wanted to coach the Bears you telling me you’d be worried about his offensive coaches? Lol.

”Yeah, Nick Saban. We want you. But before we can confirm you as a great hire Remy needs to know who you plan to hire as offensive coordinator.“

Remy needs a list of Mike Tomlins choices for OC before he can sign off on him as head coach.

A good coach whether offensive or defensive minded will make his team better. And the offensive coaches and defensive coaches benefit from the competence at the top. You live in some fantasy world where these things are occurring separate from each other. In your head Bill Belichick has nothing to do with how his teams offenses are run. In your head he’s a defensive guy and that’s all he is. Like he’s just the DC and that’s it. While McDaniels runs the offense. But I’d bet anything Belichick has a huge voice in how that offense is ran. The game to game gameplan. The identity of the offense and so on.

Look at the Bills and McDermtott. His style of coaching is evident in how that offense is ran. You want to just give Daboll credit, but the reality is Daboll is the beneficiary of being tied to a great head coach who knows how to run a team. You put Daboll in a shit situation and he’ll be shit too. You know why Daboll looks good right now? It’s McDermott. It’s because he has a great HC who put him a position to succeed. It’s why McDaniels looks as good as he does. You just lack the critical thinking skills to see it.

Last edited:

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
George and Tanesha’s hand picked HC has been a complete disaster. All time bad Bears hire.
Agreed, but.........................................That All-time bad Bears' hire list is a loooooooooooooooooooonnnng list in my life.. This is as bad as the Abe Gibron years......and many hires before and after him......

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed, but.........................................That All-time bad Bears' hire list is a loooooooooooooooooooonnnng list in my life.. This is as bad as the Abe Gibron years......and many hires before and after him......
the great thing about how bad this hire is is that its too bad to last beyond two years. Then again i feel like its every two years this franchise sinks to greater depths than even i thought they were capable of.

But the apocalyptic side of my Bears fandom thinks they'll pin everything on the coordinators and Fields and Sgt SHITS will buy himself another year. From Poles to the QB, get em all out. Start completely fresh. No excuses for anyone. Actually let the GM hire his coach.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
the great thing about how bad this hire is is that its too bad to last beyond two years. Then again i feel like its every two years this franchise sinks to greater depths than even i thought they were capable of.

But the apocalyptic side of my Bears fandom thinks they'll pin everything on the coordinators and Fields and Sgt SHITS will buy himself another year. From Poles to the QB, get em all out. Start completely fresh. No excuses for anyone. Actually let the GM hire his coach.
Your second sentence is so horribly accurate. I never thought it would sink this low. And agree with keeping only Poles and let him make the decisions he should make as a GM. Absolutely need a COMPLETE slate wipe. The coaches and some players have "Crossed the Rubicon." One can NEVER change the past. So sad what this franchise has become.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Your second sentence is so horribly accurate. I never thought it would sink this low. And agree with keeping only Poles and let him make the decisions he should make as a GM. Absolutely need a COMPLETE slate wipe. The coaches and some players have "Crossed the Rubicon." One can NEVER change the past. So sad what this franchise has become.
I said get rid of him too. Completely start over in terms of staff and QB.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Very quiet thread man. I expected many that were thumping their chests to chime in…..well not really lol