Ryan Poles Head Coaching Interviews....

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Last month might have been an all time month for meltdowns. My first trip to Buffalo featured at least half a dozen different poster meltdowns. The Bears may have disappointed this past season but CCS did not!
But the beauty of the official thread winner is the poster who has a small meltdown, like every 4 posts, and paints that thread with a level of football stupid you can rarely find, but still to this day doesn't understand it's a running joke on him. Magic

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Was he also a big reason their offense was terrible the next season?

Let's say that he was. Is your argument that wining a SB one year and missing the playoffs the next is not a successful two year run? Do you expect him to be able to win back to back SBs as if so which candidate are we looking at where that criteria applies?

He has won two Super Bowls with Peyton Manning and Joe Flacco. That is as successful as you are going to get as an OC outside of Josh McDaniels and even better than McDaniels given has has done it with 2 separate QBs one of which has generally been quite mediocre overall.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That could be said about this entire thread

Not really. This thread is sharing information about the coaching search. You are making proclamations about how that search will turn out without any real insight. I for example have made no proclamations in this thread about anyone. I will wait to see who they hire and the staff that person puts together because I am self aware enough to know that none of us have a fucking clue which of these coaches is destined for success or failure.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
But u can say that about any HC with the good Qb. Right?
Definitely can. But there are other HCs out there who still led their teams to successful season when the starting (good) QB went down. Caldwell is not part of that group. I’d be more interested in Caldwell as the OC, not HC.
>>>>#58
Plus ya gotta give Caldwell credit for the job he did in Detroit. The Lions haven't done anything since. Fact

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He was a big reason the Ravens won the SB that year
That year Joe Flacco made me ask this question about QBs in the playoffs. "Do I think this QB can put together 3-4 mistake free games and help their team win a title?" I thought about Cutler and said not a chance.

Flacco was on his shit that year. It took a little luck but he was impressive on that run. But i'll play devils advocate, over the course of that season, Flacco was Flacco. Caldwell just happened to be there. Sort of like when Erik Lambert credited Hackett with Ortons best season. It was Orton being Orton.

He def deserves credit for being a prominent member of their coaching staff during that run but did he really do anything to improve Joe Flacco?

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not really. This thread is sharing information about the coaching search. You are making proclamations about how that search will turn out without any real insight. I for example have made no proclamations in this thread about anyone. I will wait to see who they hire and the staff that person puts together because I am self aware enough to know that none of us have a fucking clue which of these coaches is destined for success or failure.
News flash bro. Many posters are making proclamations about how the search might turn out. This thread is about is about head coach interviews and with head coaches comes OCs and DCs.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
>>>>#58
Plus ya gotta give Caldwell credit for the job he did in Detroit. The Lions haven't done anything since. Fact
I’m not disagreeing with you but if he is juggling both HC and OC there is a great chance we see a bottom tier offense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That year Joe Flacco made me ask this question about QBs in the playoffs. "Do I think this QB can put together 3-4 mistake free games and help their team win a title?" I thought about Cutler and said not a chance.

Flacco was on his shit that year. It took a little luck but he was impressive on that run. But i'll play devils advocate, over the course of that season, Flacco was Flacco. Caldwell just happened to be there. Sort of like when Erik Lambert credited Hackett with Ortons best season. It was Orton being Orton.

He def deserves credit for being a prominent member of their coaching staff during that run but did he really do anything to improve Joe Flacco?

Not quite. Cam Cameron was the OC for the majority of the regular season. He was fired on Dec 10 and Caldwell took over. They averaged 25 PPG over the course of that whole season but then averaged 27 PPG over Caldwell's 7 games and 31 PPG over the 4 playoff games. So there was clearly an uptick once he took over.

And the reality is that unless you have a franchise QB, it will generally come down to whether you can catch lightening in the bottle and get it right at exactly the right time. Caldwell did that and there is not point downplaying it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
News flash bro. Many posters are making proclamations about how the search might turn out. This thread is about is about head coach interviews and with head coaches comes OCs and DCs.
Yes and I have responded to them as well as I have pushed back on people whining about Caldwell and Quinn. We simply don't know. We simply don't know.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Only reason I prefer Quinn to Caldwell is staff. I’m wondering who will join Caldwell he has been out of the game for a while. Regardless that’s what matters most to me, if the staff is bad the team will be undisciplined and bad.

If Fields is good he will make up for some of it, but not all.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Understood. But certainly every candidate came in with a "plan" for Fields. A first round choice that struggled his first year, anybody with a brain knows that is a talking point.

What I am say is show me a candidate who HAS developed QBs. Caldwell, Quinn and Eberflus don't fit that role at all.
All plans are not created equal...........like Nagy's plan for Trubisky. It is up to Poles to pick the right coach who has the best plan for Fields. That might be a defensive guy who plans to bring in the right OC. At this point no one knows but Poles.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not quite. Cam Cameron was the OC for the majority of the regular season. He was fired on Dec 10 and Caldwell took over. They averaged 25 PPG over the course of that whole season but then averaged 27 PPG over Caldwell's 7 games and 31 PPG over the 4 playoff games. So there was clearly an uptick once he took over.

And the reality is that unless you have a franchise QB, it will generally come down to whether you can catch lightening in the bottle and get it right at exactly the right time. Caldwell did that and there is not point downplaying it.
IDK man. Its a pretty small sample size for anything concrete. Flacco took a step back the following season with Caldwell. I like what he did with the Lions as a HC, but i have my doubts about how important he was during that stretch.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yes and I have responded to them as well as I have pushed back on people whining about Caldwell and Quinn. We simply don't know. We simply don't know.
You are right, we don’t know. But this thread is to discuss it. Whats the point of having this thread if we can’t talk about it?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
All plans are not created equal...........like Nagy's plan for Trubisky. It is up to Poles to pick the right coach who has the best plan for Fields. That might be a defensive guy who plans to bring in the right OC. At this point no one knows but Poles.
If the right OC Quinn picks actually has Fields on track next year, he is gone to be a coach.