Ryan Poles Head Coaching Interviews....

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suggest grabbing a few beers or whiskeys and reading through the entire Penei Sewell (OFFICIAL LANCE STONE THREAD OF THE YEAR WINNER) thread. Your life will change and you will thank @Anytime23 for that.
Thanks, Ill save that one for a cold rainy day. Tonight is lasagna night.

BTW how the fuck is Lance Stone still a thing? He been gone for years!( I wanna say Mike Martz era) I know I know got to read the thread...

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy absolutely ruined Bieniemy's chances. It's not fair. But Nagy exposed to the whole league that Reid is the architect of that offense.
That’s a good thing. Or else we probably would have gone for him.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:

BTW how the fuck is Lance Stone still a thing? He been gone for years!( I wanna say Mike Martz era) I know I know got to read the thread...

Who is Lance Stone???

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Caldwell is the only of the finalists that comes from the offensive side of the ball. And actually, his head coaching record is pretty good. If not for a 2-14 year when Peyton Manning sat out the whole year with his neck issue, his head coaching record would be way above .500.... with much of that coaching Detroit as well.
Didn’t Caldwell have awful running games?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Lance left to focus on a boxing career.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who is Lance Stone???
He was a avid poster back in the Lovie smith era. He was a fan but just didn’t understand much about football, I remember correcting him about the difference between a three tech and he Nose tackle, and he had a meltdown. I didn’t really know him that well, I felt bad for him. A lot of people would call him out for his lack of football knowledge. He had an epic farewell CCS then came back a few months later, but everyone suspected it wasn’t really him and someone trolling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Caldwell's numbers with Manning weren't anything special for Manning, 99 and 91 QBR. He put up 3 consecutive 100+ QBR ratings both BEFORE (04-06) and AFTER (2012-2014) Caldwell. Manning actually had his worst season in 10 years under Caldwell.

If you look at his history with both Manning and Stafford, he did nothing special with them in both head coaching stints. There is a reason this guy has been fired twice.

Umm. Caldwell was the Assistant Head Coach and QB coach from 2002. I also have no idea why anyone would listen to you about his impact on Manning when we can just hear from Manning directly.

Jim Caldwell has meant a great deal to me in my career," Manning said Tuesday during Super Bowl media day at the Prudential Center in Newark. "I felt like once he got to Indianapolis and became my quarterbacks coach, that my game really improved. It took a step up, and I thought Jim had a great deal to do with that.

"He and I had a set routine that we tried to perform every day in the meeting room, on the practice field, in different drills. And from 2003 to 2008, when he was the quarterbacks coach, I was playing at a high level."

The numbers seem to affirm Manning's point.

He hadn't completed 67 percent of his passes in any of his first five seasons without Caldwell. He completed at least that many in his first three seasons with Caldwell.

His best QB rating pre-Caldwell was 94.7. He exceeded that bar in his first seven seasons with Caldwell.

He didn't win any MVPs in his first five seasons. He won the award in his first two seasons with Caldwell.

Perhaps the greatest validation of Caldwell's worth was Manning's improving turnover numbers. The quarterback threw at least 15 interceptions in each of his first five seasons, but didn't throw more than 10 in any of the next four.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I suggest grabbing a few beers or whiskeys and reading through the entire Penei Sewell (OFFICIAL LANCE STONE THREAD OF THE YEAR WINNER) thread. Your life will change and you will thank @Anytime23 for that.
People can hate all they want but they're lying to themselves if they don't think i'm a content and #CALLEDIT machine.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
It should be obvious to anyone actually paying attention that Poles is NOT in charge,the candidates are garbage and these "finalists" have been preselected.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getting a name like that makes Quinn more intriguing, but I also think the chances of that are low. Going from OC to OC, do the 49ers give the Bears permission to interview him? Does the front office want to pair an “inexperienced” OC with Fields.

I think the point was perhaps we should wait and see if Quinn gets the job and who he hires if he does.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't work like that anymore Remy. Any OC with a scintilla of offensive proficiency gets a HC job. You aren't going to keep an offensive staff intact for very long unless its the HC's system.

Greg Roman has never been a HC.

If an OC Quinn hires gets a HC job then that likely means they were successful developing Fields. That should also mean Fields would have the tools to succeed without them.

If you are telling Fields can only succeed with this one OC then it means Fields is not a franchise QB.

Just doesn't mesh with Poles allegedly saying "all Fields needs is weapons around him", and you want to take a look at a failed DC candidate in Dan Quinn? If you want to weaponize Fields you would think that hot OCs like Daboll, O'Connell or even Hackett would get a look.

The GM ie Poles is responsible for getting him the weapons not the HC. You are really wildly speculating based on your own bias.

Is it possible Poles wants a HC that can be focused on being a HC because he wants the OC and QB coach to have the bulk of their focus on Fields?

Perhaps that is why he is interested in 2 DCs and a former OC who has already said he will not call plays.

Daboll may be great as an OC but as a HC he may struggle to be able to call plays while developing Fields while still doing all the other things a HC is responsible for. He could focus on Allen in Buffalo because someone else was HC.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Greg Roman has never been a HC.

If an OC Quinn hires gets a HC job then that likely means they were successful developing Fields. That should also mean Fields would have the tools to succeed without them.

If you are telling Fields can only succeed with this one OC then it means Fields is not a franchise QB.
damn shame

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
The OC should be grooming the QB Coach and should be ready in 2-3 years to take over and keep the same system. Like what will happen in Buffalo.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a avid poster back in the Lovie smith era. He was a fan but just didn’t understand much about football, I remember correcting him about the difference between a three tech and he Nose tackle, and he had a meltdown. I didn’t really know him that well, I felt bad for him. A lot of people would call him out for his lack of football knowledge. He had an epic farewell CCS then came back a few months later, but everyone suspected it wasn’t really him and someone trolling.

Link to this epic farewell? I love those things.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:

I think when Manning went down Caldwell had some garbage Qb. I'd have to look him up. If ya look at Caldwell's resume it's one of success vs failure. Plus he brings HC experience.

Like Sean Payton losing Brees, struggling and saying.. fuck this, Im out??
Actually we don't know why he stepped down

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Caldwell for HC and Manning for OC..

Boom Superbowl!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's an all timer of a thread, but I think the Bernstein one made me laugh harder. It contains my favorite meltdown.
Last month might have been an all time month for meltdowns. My first trip to Buffalo featured at least half a dozen different poster meltdowns. The Bears may have disappointed this past season but CCS did not!