Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Did you expect a winning season? Better yet, if we kept Pace and Nagy and the same roster, did you expect a winning season?

Work has to be done obviously and it doesn't just happen overnight. But it's a better plan then what was used with the previous regime
I’m glad we established that your initial post about making comments before a snap has happened was bullshit… as you refuse to have any nuance of expectation for this team and shit organization

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would like to correct my clients statement and tell the jury that the true representation and intent of Mr.Poles was to convey that “We are building a super bowl winning team”

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
but is he building a team that is going to beat the Packers?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Anything is better than Ryan "The Disgrace" Pace
I’m not convinced this is true. I think he was starting to learn from his mistakes, he was a very young GM…but when you fuck up the HC/QB decisions, there’s really no coming back from that. If he would have drafted Watson or Mahomes things would be very different. Or at the very least, fired Nagy after year 3…but there’s no room for error with those decisions as a GM.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m glad we established that your initial post about making comments before a snap has happened was bullshit… as you refuse to have any nuance of expectation for this team and shit organization

You sound miserable. You dont have to be a fan

No one would care

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the interview and thought to myself, "Well, I do agree that you should build through the draft, and technical innovation is a good thing, but come November should the Bears have a losing record and/or look atrocious, Chicago media and fans are going to be calling for your head, even if you are in the middle of some multi-year talent-accumulation process."

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I’m not convinced this is true. I think he was starting to learn from his mistakes, he was a very young GM…but when you fuck up the HC/QB decisions, there’s really no coming back from that. If he would have drafted Watson or Mahomes things would be very different. Or at the very least, fired Nagy after year 3…but there’s no room for error with those decisions as a GM.
Was all the dead cap or the aging roster learning from his mistakes?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The comments in jest. I’m giving him a chance and don’t necessarily dislike his strategy so far. If he could still nab Jobi (and have a good draft), it’d actually be a sound off season

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Was in the middle of this vid, then here comes Hub, with his usual dumb ass questions. They need to limit how many times he's allowed to be a part of these pressers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possible at 39 and 48? Those are good 2nd round picks that you should definitely hit on. There will be day one starters drafted after both of those picks.
the hit rate for 2nd rounders is less that 50%, and less than 25% for thirds.
To walk away with three starters would be phenomenal, and also slightly delusional to expect it.
One starter and one solid backup would be average or slightly above average.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because this was before the GM was hired, who ended up saying he chose his head coach

Why the fuck would you take a job where you aren't going to be allowed to choose a HC when you have other teams wanting you for GM as well?

Gonna believe the GM and not Bearzombie on this one
Idk, sounds like something a yes-man would do.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
This concept of learning from mistakes is something that does not exist outside of the shit Bears organization. Nowhere else in the NFL do people get that leeway. You have to fucking win no matter your age. If their experience is a huge problem then they shouldn't be hired until they get that.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Did Poles specifically mention "this year?" Cause building a good team from the foundation he's been given is going to be a multi-year process even if Fields kills it this coming year.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
While I have been unimpressed by Poles so far.. the vast majority of his job is done on draft day. If you continue to acquire talent as a GM and have at least a decent QB in place, you will be successful.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
the hit rate for 2nd rounders is less that 50%, and less than 25% for thirds.
To walk away with three starters would be phenomenal, and also slightly delusional to expect it.
One starter and one solid backup would be average or slightly above average.
Well we hit on 2 starters in the 2nd round with C.Kmet and J.Johnson so now lets see Poles do it this year. As i said, there will be day one starters drafted after both of those picks.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems really nervous.

And he was using draft simulations with his scouts. Probably the same one we use on ccs. ?
love the fact that he mentioned the importance he put on medicals, something Pace never did

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
anyone sense Poles has some bullshit in him?