Ryan Ramcyzk re-signs for a lot of money

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Aaand the most attractive free agent on the Bears list next year, one that had a reasonable chance of hitting the market since Terron Armstead also was an unrestricted free agent, is gone. Bummer.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Aaand the most attractive free agent on the Bears list next year, one that had a reasonable chance of hitting the market since Terron Armstead also was an unrestricted free agent, is gone. Bummer.
Well obviously they were going to try to bring back at least 1 of them. Hopefully this means armstead will hit the market

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The saints don’t go running to free agency to fill their oline spots. They draft guys and develop them. Why can’t/should we do the same? We drafted two tackles let’s see if they blow first before the free agency route don’t you think?
I’m hoping we drafted our two OTs for the next 12 years this past April.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
The saints don’t go running to free agency to fill their oline spots. They draft guys and develop them. Why can’t/should we do the same? We drafted two tackles let’s see if they blow first before the free agency route don’t you think?
True.

But our interior o-linemen don't get push on run plays either. Our OTs have been so bad, I think some are forgetting that. How often does Monty get hit at the line of scrimmage?

If Daniels doesn't make a big jump, he might not be back. He has been a disappointment thus far.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also...if they do decide to blow up the team...lol.

Cody Whitehair counts against the cap until '25. He did get restructured. (Fuck, how many guys got a back loaded restructure to fit in Quinn?)

You could clear a lot of cap on Whitehair next year...

POTENTIAL OUT: 2022, 3 YR, $24,258,816; $12,508,000 DEAD CAP​

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Both are going to get their chance. I think its unlikely they are both the Bears bookend tackles until the 2030's though.

The Bears have no first round pick next year and have issues at other positions. The prospect of adding an elite offensive tackle in free agency is extremely alluring, especially when there's a young quarterback's development at stake.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Cody Whitehair counts against the cap until '25. He did get restructured. (Fuck, how many guys got a back loaded restructure to fit in Quinn?)

I'm not one hundred percent positive he's one of the two best offensive guards on the team. He probably is, but he certainly wasn't better than James Daniels to start the year and by the end of the season (and after a few growing pains) Alex Bars was looking like a good NFL starter.

Cody Whitehair at times in his NFL career has flat out sucked. He was a great rookie but failed to that next step to be an elite player. At some level this is the fault of the Bears who have a habit of ruining offensive linemen by moving them around all the time, but also Whitehair has some culpability. He's not an elite offensive guard and I would be pretty surprised if he ever does become one.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

You just said Daniels was a disappointment, but you want to clear out Whitehair, who by all account is a very good guard?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
True.

But our interior o-linemen don't get push on run plays either. Our OTs have been so bad, I think some are forgetting that. How often does Monty get hit at the line of scrimmage?

If Daniels doesn't make a big jump, he might not be back. He has been a disappointment thus far.
That’s why I’m fine with Jenkins and ifedi at ot instead of washed up used up vets like Leno massie or new flavor of the board okung. We got some new blood to develop. Leno was terrible do we really think Jenkins would be worse? You know what will help Jenkins more than a vet who will teach Jenkins nothing? Playing next to whitehair. You know what is going to help whitehair and daniels(maybe bar cause like you I think daniels is a disappointment) is mustifer a real c holding things down. And so on.

hey oline could be a disaster again I’m prepared for that. I’m ok with it if they try the young bloods out. I’m ok with it if they are developing new guys. You know what im not ok with? Paying bitches like massie and Leno 10mil a year each to play like absolute dog shit

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
According to PFF, Daniels has only given up 2 sacks in his young career. Never mind that as a rookie, in prime time, he neutralized the best defensive player in the NFL.

The ease with which people feel he can be replaced is really disappointing.
Dude is young and has promise but doesn’t mean jack if can’t stay healthy. In a contract year it’s scary if he stays healthy finally plays well gets a new contract then goes back to his annual ir lol

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It would be big if Daniels could take a step this year and play to his talent. The injury and overall line play last year clouds the picture for him. He's still really young and can do things none of our other guards can do.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Both are going to get their chance. I think its unlikely they are both the Bears bookend tackles until the 2030's though.

The Bears have no first round pick next year and have issues at other positions. The prospect of adding an elite offensive tackle in free agency is extremely alluring, especially when there's a young quarterback's development at stake.
I don’t see where this cap is going to magically come from. Average level tackles get 10 mil a year now and the one you want is a 20-22 mil a year guy. Have to get this cap spending under control by developing our own. Or we can have poverty offseasons like 2021 every time pace shenanigans catch up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to PFF, Daniels has only given up 2 sacks in his young career. Never mind that as a rookie, in prime time, he neutralized the best defensive player in the NFL.

The ease with which people feel he can be replaced is really disappointing.
I suspect he's going to have a breakout year. I haven't been too hard on him because of his age.

Not cutting it at center has been a disappointment.

Maybe someone has his PFF run blocking stats? Because the interior unit as a whole doesn't create holes for Monty. He seems to eff up blocking assignments as well.

And he doesn't have much of a choice...he's gotta be the guy this year or he might not get another contract.