Sad News....Steve McMichael has ALS

greg23

Liked Posts:
Awful news...sorry to hear that about him.

Had to do a double take and stare at the picture as doesn't look anything like himself.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just awful, awful news to one of the greats. He has such a great personality. I donated to his GoFundMe to help out the family. I hope the NFL gets onboard and helps him out ASAP.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrible. I've saw what ALS did to my Grandfather. I would rather die a violent death than that slow torture. It's

PickSix

Liked Posts:
ALS is effing brutal. It took my mom and uncle.
So much promise on finding a cure and nada.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I went to a Bears pre-game remote with McMichael and Fred Huebner, and during a commercial break Mongo started chatting with some dude in a Packers jersey. After initially booing him, Mongo said that he would have played for Al-Qaeda if they paid him.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fuck ALS, man.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Mongo was just on ESPN 1000 radio. Made you want to laugh & cry but was a great interview. Recommend listening to it on the Waddle & Silvy Podcast.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Prayers to him and his family! What a stud he is! Players like him don’t come around too often.

he always gave it everything but probably to the detriment of his body.

This sucks!

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

mecha

Liked Posts:
There is no gimmick.

Payton was a selfish player that cried in a broom closet instead of celebrating a SuperBowl win with his teammates.

lol. you just won't let that go huh? to your point, it's not like he didn't have at least 15 opportunities to score in that game. I believe he was close enough to the goal line on multiple drives, the Patriots just targeted him the entire game. if I had to play on dogshit teams for 10 years and reach that point just once though, I would've been pissed I didn't score in it either when Fridge did.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
There is no gimmick.

Payton was a selfish player that cried in a broom closet instead of celebrating a SuperBowl win with his teammates.
Can't tell if you're joking around... He did have a weak moment just after the SB game ended, but you're the only person I've ever hear accuse him of being a selfish player. I heard multiple times he asked the coach to let him back in the game to block for Matt Suey, when they wanted him to rest, and Walter did go out there block for Suey at times. How about that for at least a balance. Besides, although he felt jilted by being used as a diversion to the Patriot defense, and not given many opportunities to score a TD in his only SB, his friend talked some sense to him and Walter thought better of it and did go out there and celebrate with his team.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
This is the shittiest of news