Sage Rosenfels on the Score

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very complimentary about CD's running of the offense.

Knowing the system so well, being a pocket passer, and having good timing are all things he says helps a limited talent like him execute this offense efficiently. Really seemed to emphasize the timing aspect, and while he didn't explicitly say Mitch doesn't have the timing down, you could tell that's what he meant.

Notes how the ball is always out when it's supposed to be, and thinks they could have put up more points if they had to, but Nagy just wanted to play out the win because they were never in danger because of the defense.

Thinks if he got the chance to play a good chunk of games he could have it going very nicely by later in the season with more reps with the receivers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And i was listening to a couple podcasts today where they were saying there was a couple of balls that he should of thrown a little sooner. On one show they said the ball to Cohen that he bobbled out of bounds could of been thrown sooner and might of even been a TD if he did.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We know he will turn into a pumpkin at some point.

He does not have the physical tools to be someone that can win games consistently. 11 years had shown us that.

I'm not arguing your conclusion here, but has he even played games consistently in last 11 years? Please don't interpret that query as faith in Chase. I have little to none.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not arguing your conclusion here, but has he even played games consistently in last 11 years? Please don't interpret that query as faith in Chase. I have little to none.

There is a reason that he has never played games.

We saw last season that there comes a point where his lack of physical tools comes into play and he struggles.

I wish that we could put his brain in Mitch.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Once teams start bringing the house it’s going to get ugly fast.
Well, Zimmer was blitzing him. He did a great job of recognizing blitzes and getting the ball out just before Everson Griffen destroyed him multiple times. I still have no faith in him in the future, but he did come off the bench cold, took direct control of the huddle and laid some dimes in.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, Zimmer was blitzing him. He did a great job of recognizing blitzes and getting the ball out just before Everson Griffen destroyed him multiple times. I still have no faith in him in the future, but he did come off the bench cold, took direct control of the huddle and laid some dimes in.

Zimmer didn't adapt. He ran the 2 shell, don't let Mitch run game plan against a guy who cannot run.

Zimmer was slapped around in the coaching battle.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We know he will turn into a pumpkin at some point.

He does not have the physical tools to be someone that can win games consistently. 11 years had shown us that.

He can be our 2013 Josh McCown!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Imagine if he outplays Mitch these next few games....

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Definitely have to applaud Chase for his performance but it was absolutely nothing special. If Trubisky went out and had the same showing he would be getting blown up for it. 1 TD and a bunch of field goals. He hit guys but his ball placement was Trubisky-esque. Under throws/over throws. Wims ran a great route and Chase left him way short on that in particular.

Again, it was a great performance by the back up QB. Not defending Trubisky here either as he has been shit but the idea that CD is the answer is wrong. Trubisky comes back and plays himself to be the starter or you look to draft a QB next year.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Shades of McCown in 2013 performing much better than Cutler. Clearly Daniel doesn't have the talent of McCown, but he still managed to look much more confident and comfortable in the pocket Vs what we've seen from Trubisky since like, ever..

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No doubt Chase is a great locker room guy and he will give you spells of "hey nice timing" or "smart play" but he is just not that talented to carry us to a division or world Championship, he is no Nick Foles....

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem with Chase is he requires amazing protection because he has very limited mobility in the pocket and almost zero rushing ability. Anyone who's watched a Bears game this year and Chase vs the Giants last year should be very concerned about having to play him for an extended period of time. He's a decent enough stop gap for a game or two but the Mitch haters are getting out in front of their ski's here.