Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What the Bears are missing are a couple of guys that can move but also have the strength to hold their own against bigger nose tackle types. The whole OL are not going to pull on the same run play and having these guys that can move isn't as effective if the play gets blown up before they can use that mobility because the guys left behind can't hold their own.

So if Cody is pulling on a given play, is Daniels strong enough to stop the NT from pushing him too far back? What if Daniels is pulling? Can Cody hold down the fort? In the past you had two finesse guys in Long and Cody on the line but you also had Sitton, Long and Massie who were strong enough when all healthy to allow the finesse guys to work. Leno and Sitton were also fluid enough to pull from time to him.

Now you just have a bunch of mobile soft guys that get pushed around far too easily particularly with Massie being banged up as he is probably the only one left with above average NFL strength when healthy.
Long was very strong when healthy, when ever that was. Daniels and Cody are not weak Though Cody is at his size limit right now and certainly not a big guy for the position. Daniels has plenty of girth and anchor to work with but the reason I liked getting Ifedi was to have a big guy in there. Obviously Warford fits that as well.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Long was very strong when healthy, when ever that was. Daniels and Cody are not weak Though Cody is at his size limit right now and certainly not a big guy for the position. Daniels has plenty of girth and anchor to work with but the reason I liked getting Ifedi was to have a big guy in there. Obviously Warford fits that as well.

Yeah I was having a dyslexic moment and swapped out Leno and Long a couple times. It should have read as follows.

In the past you had two finesse guys in Long Leno and Cody on the line but you also had Sitton, Long and Massie who were strong enough when all healthy to allow the finesse guys to work. Leno Long and Sitton were also fluid enough to pull from time to him.

So the point was Leno and Cody were finesse. Massie was power and Sitton and Long were good at both. Now we have mostly finesse guys and an injured Massie who didn't show the power he once showcased. Daniels and Cody are below average strength wise hence why they are zone blockers. You wouldn't want either to play in a primarily power/gap scheme. They struggle to anchor against traditional nose tackles.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Cody is OK with big DTs when he doesn't need to cover for others but it was like dominoes last year. He can latch on and control a path but when that path leads to a gap left by his neighbor...

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
How do you "opt out" of a contract when you don't have a contract?
I guess he doesn't get the 150k stipend then. I still wonder why he did not accept any of the offers.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess he doesn't get the 150k stipend then. I still wonder why he did not accept any of the offers.
that's a little over one quarter of one game's pay for him. He's doing fine.

Last edited:

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Three-time Pro-Bowl guard, Larry Warford, who has received multiple offers, is opting out of the 2020 season, per source.

This really isn't that hard you know....
He's a lions fan

And a COVID truther, so not exactly Mensa material unlike the Great and Knowledgeable Icculus. I bet he hasn't even heard of the Helping Friendly Book.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So all the people that defended Pace's handling of the OL still happy?